Old November 5, 2003, 15:54   #31
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010

w00t!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 5, 2003, 18:08   #32
rsfarrell
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:20
At last. All this trouble with a simple video game . . . it's enough to make a person crack a book.
Old November 5, 2003, 19:45   #33
Net Warrior
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 06:20
2102 is ready for Spartans. Hey Spartan Federation - Duke Lados, what's your email address?

Last edited by Net Warrior; November 8, 2003 at 07:50.
Old November 5, 2003, 19:51   #34
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 13:20
According to the sign-up thread, Lados' email is xxxLados-THC@seznam.czxxx (without the x's, surprisingly enough).
Old November 5, 2003, 20:05   #35
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 04:20
I still haven't heard from vitamin j (I sent him an e-mail today explaining what I've done that first turn) whether he was ever able to open the rezipped turn I sent, or even if he got it - or the unzipped version I e-mailed him too.

Anyway, when his turn comes round can it be sent to me as well as to vitamin j, and if there's a deathly hush from his end I'll play turn 2 as well, and then we'll need to think of a substitute player unless vj re-appears on the scene

G.
Old November 5, 2003, 20:32   #36
Net Warrior
King

2102 to Spartans
Old November 7, 2003, 11:12   #37
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
I still haven't heard from vitamin j (I sent him an e-mail today explaining what I've done that first turn) whether he was ever able to open the rezipped turn I sent, or even if he got it - or the unzipped version I e-mailed him too.

Anyway, when his turn comes round can it be sent to me as well as to vitamin j, and if there's a deathly hush from his end I'll play turn 2 as well, and then we'll need to think of a substitute player unless vj re-appears on the scene

G.
I think I'm the one sending to him, so I'll certainly do that.

Thanks for all your extra help on setting up the game, Goog.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 9, 2003, 13:17   #38
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Has there been any progress? Is the turn still with Lados?
Old November 9, 2003, 13:40   #39
Net Warrior
King

I just re-sent 2102 to Lados. I asked him to reply or post to confirm receipt. Let's see what happens.
Old November 10, 2003, 10:22   #40
FlameFlash
Emperor

Old November 10, 2003, 20:56   #41
Net Warrior
King

I heard from Lados. This is his 1st PBEM game. He didn't know who to email his move to so I emailed FlameFlash and asked that he get in touch with Lados.
Old November 10, 2003, 21:01   #42
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

NW:

Any word? (I've still heard nada from VJ)

That's the trouble with 7-player games - people see the invitation thread and think "That'd be cute", but there comes a responsibility to check the boards at least every day (if not twice a day) and post responses to simple questions such as "Did you get the turn? Were you able to open it?"

I've never been in a 7-player game that's gone beyond about 90 turns.

Players just fall off the end of the earth and (mostly) don't even advise the others that they're dropping out

Ah well.

Maybe between this list of 7 and the 7 from "Alien Secrets" (minus overlaps) we can find seven dedicated players to make a go of a third one (or take over any dropouts in both of these)

G.
Old November 10, 2003, 21:02   #43
Googlie
Emperor

dratted cross post
Old November 10, 2003, 21:35   #44
Net Warrior
King

Googlie,
There's a rule in tournaments that if there's a drop out (or a non-responder for more that 48 hrs) then the CMN can either ask for a replacement or just turn over that faction to the AI. Maybe we could all agree to adopt that rule here.
Old November 11, 2003, 01:35   #45
FlameFlash
Emperor

I'm thinking longer, especially on start-up.

Old November 11, 2003, 10:01   #46
Googlie
Emperor

Well, it was on Oct 28th that vitamin j last posted on 'Poly, and the next day was Lados' last post.

I think that 2 weeks is long enough to visit the thread and post that they're still interested let alone responding to e-mails that have been sent

I have e-mailed them both asking them to post in this thread that they are still interested in playing, and I suggest after 48 hours from now, if no reply, we look for replacements

G.
Old November 11, 2003, 10:48   #47
Fosse
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

At this point I wouldn't be upset if we turned them over to the AI, just to have a game going. I've said before that this is my first PBEM (save one failed attempt four years ago), and I'm itching to get it under way.

I agree though that Alien Secrets might be a good place to mine some players from.... We'll probably end up with seven people playing two different games!
Old November 11, 2003, 21:15   #48
vitamin j
Prince

Hi Guys,
Sorry I've been absent - I'm just finishing yet another move. I wish I could commit to this game, but realistically it's not going to work. I still can't get into my hotmail for some reason. Anyway, please find a replacement and again, sorry.
Old November 12, 2003, 11:00   #49
FlameFlash
Emperor

Looks like two AI's would be the best plan...

Old November 12, 2003, 15:58   #50
rsfarrell
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:20
Fine by me.
Old November 12, 2003, 16:05   #51
FlameFlash
Emperor

Net Warrior... I'm thinking that if you could e-mail Lados' turn to Googlie he can set him as an AI and likewise when I get the turn I'll send to Googlie so he can set vitamin j as an AI and then I think we'll be all set.

Old November 12, 2003, 16:46   #52
Fosse
King

Old November 12, 2003, 19:18   #53
Net Warrior
King

Ok, 2102 (for Spartans) to Googlie, just in case.
Old November 15, 2003, 10:14   #54
Googlie
Emperor

Hmm - I don't know of any way to "turn over the factions to the AI" as you put it - just to eliminate the 2 tardy players (and thus make it into a five player game)

But the balance of the game would be destroyed with a 5-player game as various "goodies" and landmarks are accessable to at least 2 factions - and by dropping one from a "matched pair" would give unfettered access to the goody to the other

Given that the game has just started, why don't I reset it from the beginning as a five human plus 2 AI game, and have rsf, MM and NW just redo their first year turns?

(and FlameFlash, if you'd rather play Gaia or Sparta than as Miriam, these 2 would be up for grabs)

Googlie

Last edited by Googlie; November 15, 2003 at 10:20.
Old November 15, 2003, 10:20   #55
Net Warrior
King

A reset sounds good to me. I guess you'll have to rename the thread too
Old November 15, 2003, 10:27   #56
Minute Mirage
Prince

A five player game sounds good. We might in theory be able to finish it, even.
Old November 15, 2003, 11:30   #57
Fosse
King

5-up okay by me Reset sounds like a good idea (I haven't even SEEN a turn, so it's all good to me).
Old November 15, 2003, 19:35   #58
Googlie
Emperor

I've e-mailed FF tro see if he wants to stay as Miriam or switch to Dee or Corrie

G.
Old November 16, 2003, 19:37   #59
Googlie
Emperor

Game restarted as 5-Alive. Go here for the new turn reporting thread

Good luck all
Old November 17, 2003, 10:14   #60
FlameFlash
Emperor

Looks good Goog. I was fine either way (switching or not), sorry for my abscence this weekend.