Old November 3, 2003, 02:28   #61
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well, Mr. Googlie, up to doing a wireless hack job?
Old November 3, 2003, 04:05   #62
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
Vev - Unfortunately because of the snow, wireless communication is too patchy to download files. You'll have to find a hard wire or a terminal.

Googlie - (perhaps you can find a place with better reception?)

Octavian X - You're the boss, why'd you let Vev keep the overalls, sorry, I mean "tOm"

Perhaps you can find someone or something to help you, or will someone find YOU!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 4, 2003, 02:30   #63
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 21:27
*Cursed dodgy internal building transmitters. Why, back in my days on Earth we have quality auto-adaptive multiband filters and intelligent Kohonen neural-net signal boosters to handle the worst of events.*

"Are we ready to leave this room so we can find an empty room with a computer terminal and at least find out on the public domain what is going on with this building and where everything is?"
Old November 4, 2003, 05:41   #64
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I hope you are. The choice is...

Go back outside
Go through the sealed armoured door on the north side
Go through the normal door on the south side (where the music is playing)
Break the window on the east wall.

-Jam
Old November 4, 2003, 19:47   #65
Vev
King

I like where the music is, even if the music is terrible.
Old November 5, 2003, 00:34   #66
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Yes, the backdoor is intriguing... Maybe there's a woman I finally get to seduce.
Old November 5, 2003, 03:56   #67
Jamski
Deity

So is that a GO for the southern door towards the music?

-Jam
Old November 5, 2003, 06:32   #68
Vev
King

I am affirmative for the music room.
Old November 5, 2003, 11:38   #69
Jamski
Deity

You open the southern door and step through...

The music is pretty loud in here You are in a kind of corridor, about 12 metres long. The entire right-hand-side is a kind of rippled glass panel which lets light through, but no clear vision. The music is coming from the other side of this panel, as is enough light to see clearly in the darkened corridor. A couple of pot plants are placed against the panel, badly in need of a bit of water. On the left hand wall are two doors, both closed. The closest one is marked "W.C." The panel-wall also has a door in it at the far end of the corridor.

Peering through the panel you can make out a kind of bar-shape and two people - CONTACT! They don't seem to have noticed you...

...yet.

Here's the latest map for you I suggest extreme caution.

-Jam
Old November 5, 2003, 19:11   #70
Vev
King

I am sure now Octavian will be asking if there are any hot females in the bar.
Old November 6, 2003, 00:48   #71
Octavian X
King

A bar? Are we at a University research facility or a resort hotel?

Anyway, I'll check out the bookcase as causally as possible. Check for info, and hope that however's at the bar is drunk, hot, and seducable...
Old November 6, 2003, 05:06   #72
Jamski
Deity

The bookcase is filled with technical manuals about rover maintaince, cheap paperbacks, old magazines and tool catalogues. Seems the Uni are a bit behind the times, or perhaps the people in this area need hard printed copies of thier books. Books, eh? We thought we'd have left them behind on Earth, but they still have a use - mainly for entertaining Drones who have no net-access, and as hard copy back-up.

By peering through the crack in the door you can see two middle aged men, with their backs to you. Both are wearing overalls. Over the noise of the music you can hear the sound of water running behind the door marked W.C. The water stops and you hear a couple of odd noises....

Perhaps someone is coming....

-Jam
Old November 6, 2003, 19:06   #73
Vev
King

W.C - Water closet? Toilet?
Old November 6, 2003, 19:17   #74
Jamski
Deity

Could be... could be a weapons chamber

-Jam
Old November 7, 2003, 21:39   #75
Jamski
Deity

HELLO?!?!?!

-Jam
Old November 7, 2003, 22:21   #76
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

GOD MOD:
The alarms begin to go off.
RESULT:
Ha!
Old November 8, 2003, 00:53   #77
Octavian X
King

Now, that's just not fair.
Old November 8, 2003, 01:38   #78
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

But it got you to post, right?
Old November 8, 2003, 08:10   #79
Jamski
Deity

Ok, while you stand in the corridor for hours the alarms go off. The two men come running out the bar to see what all the fuss is about and see you lot loitering by the toilet doors.

"Hey you lot, why's the alarm going off?"
"Wait Jeff, I don't know these guys"
"You're new here aren't you?"

They appear to be slightly drunken, and surprised both by the alarm and bumping into you. It's also darker in the corridor than the bar, the toilet is flushing noisily, the radio is on full blast and the alarm is still sounding.

WAH_WAH_WAH_WAH!

-Jam
Old November 8, 2003, 08:39   #80
Vev
King

"Bloody false alarms. This cold weather drives the sensors mad. I told them, they are not tested for such operation, but they pushed ahead anyway. Looks like my hands are full, fixing the system in this hellish freezing condition."
Old November 9, 2003, 13:07   #81
Jamski
Deity

"Oh" says the fatter of the two technicians, "Well, while you're here you can fix the camera outside"

The other eyes you more suspiciously. "You got here very fast... you sure YOU didn't set the alarm off yourself? I haven't seen you around here before" He peers at the name tag "Tom - if that's your real name"

The two laugh and turn to go back to the bar.

"Well, we'd love to help, but I'm too lazy, and he's too drunk"
"have fun working" the other sneers...

They are clearly of limited intellect and no importance.

-Jam
Old November 9, 2003, 14:50   #82
Octavian X
King

Then, we chose door #2!

That is, of course, if Mr. Vev doesn't need to use the W.C.
Old November 11, 2003, 05:52   #83
Jamski
Deity

Don't you want to kill them?

-Jam
Old November 11, 2003, 09:28   #84
Vev
King

Need to remain as a ghost. No killing unless necessary.
Old November 11, 2003, 14:51   #85
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 12:27
KILL THEM!!!
(They´re just Looners, who cares?)

Hm, I feel strange today... Have the desire to eat raw meat... Darn, I begin to believe that those testosteron infusions aren´t that good for me...
Old November 11, 2003, 19:03   #86
Vev
King

That would come when we rig the building to go off. Also we set another one at the evacuation point.
Old November 11, 2003, 19:31   #87
Jamski
Deity

LOL Micha needs meat, better butcher some guys for him.

-Jam
Old November 11, 2003, 19:37   #88
Vev
King

All right, all right, need to find a place to hide bodies. Where would someone least likely to wander into ...
Old November 12, 2003, 06:44   #89
Jamski
Deity

How about... the TOILET!

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 11:01   #90
Jamski
Deity

Well, this thread hasn't been posted in for 5 days either

And it was the only active one on the whole forum

What's with you guys?

-Jam