Old November 10, 2003, 19:03   #31
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
As a comparison, how much harder is the clone compared to the original?
The clone only spawns in hell, has 95% resist all, 95% physical immune, extremely high regen rate (poison typically can't keep up), high blocking, it's faster, it's tougher (more hp), and on top of all the other well-known Diablo attacks, I think it has the Druid spell Armageddon.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.

Last edited by The Mad Monk; November 10, 2003 at 19:08.
Old November 10, 2003, 19:09   #32
The Mad Monk
Emperor

...and a small charm is all he ever drops, but what a charm:

+1 To All Skills
+10-20 To All Attributes (varies)
All Resistances +10-20 (varies)
+5-10% To Experience Gained (varies)
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old November 10, 2003, 20:44   #33
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:27
nice, but he sounds pretty tough.
Old November 11, 2003, 00:47   #34
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk
The clone only spawns in hell, has 95% resist all, 95% physical immune, extremely high regen rate (poison typically can't keep up), high blocking, it's faster, it's tougher (more hp), and on top of all the other well-known Diablo attacks, I think it has the Druid spell Armageddon.
That's the Diablo we should have been given. I so want him to show up in SP.

Not even death can save you from me. - Diablo
Old November 11, 2003, 09:13   #35
Father Beast
King

my zookeeper necro (all summoning skills) went through the game causing lots of terror, all fell before the army.

Diablo was the only one who gave them any trouble, and he gave them a lot of trouble. even act 5 breezed by without much hassle. even the barbarian statues and Baal fell pretty easily.

My zookeeper is now in act 2 NM and got a thorns town guard. still won't help against Diablo.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn
Old November 11, 2003, 14:05   #36
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:27
Father Beast I found the Guardians a lot harder in Nightmare (SP) than the original run. Did you do the cow level?
Old November 11, 2003, 18:13   #37
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Cows have changed, thanks to all the beef abusers on battlenet.

They're just as difficult (or easy), but are worth much less in exp and items.
Old November 11, 2003, 20:21   #38
vmxa1
Deity

I have never played on the net and I am still using 1.09. I start over once I finish nightmare with a new character. I tend to go several months before jumping back in. I then play liek a nut for awhile, till I get enough of the bashing.
Old November 12, 2003, 07:43   #39
The Mad Monk
Emperor

It's a good bashing game, and a good collecting game. I think that's what has me coming back time after time.
Old November 13, 2003, 04:29   #40
Father Beast
King

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Father Beast I found the Guardians a lot harder in Nightmare (SP) than the original run. Did you do the cow level?
Yeah, but my little army had no difficulties with the cows, at least on normal. haven't finished NM yet. after about 18 points in skeleton mastery, you don't have to replace those guys so often. got a town guard with prayer, and his aura recharges the ones who get hit.

of course, now that I got to act 2 NM, I traded him in for a town guard with thorns. skeletons will fall faster, but there should be more bodies about... don't know about those guardians, though. no bodies there. rely on my golem. to back up my town guard.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
Old November 14, 2003, 00:21   #41
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 03:27
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Hehe... I just sold an anhilus charm (and a really crappy one at that) on ebay for $20 bucks. This is fun, especially considering I've found 5 already. I'm gonna sell more stuff on ebay .

Anybody want a full Aldur's set? 50 bucks, .
Old November 14, 2003, 04:03   #42
vmxa1
Deity

Originally posted by Father Beast

"Yeah, but my little army had no difficulties with the cows, at least on normal. haven't finished NM yet. after about 18 points in skeleton mastery, you don't have to replace those guys so often. got a town guard with prayer, and his aura recharges the ones who get hit. "

I cracked up when I saw the cows for the first time. Maybe I need to run a Necro the next time I start over.
Old November 14, 2003, 19:50   #43
Father Beast
King

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
I cracked up when I saw the cows for the first time. Maybe I need to run a Necro the next time I start over.
The way I ran it, is I only put one point each into raise skeleton and raise skeleton mage. most points went into skeleton mastery, and golem mastery when it came up. The items I have give me + to skills, so I'm up to 3 each, with only 1 point in each.

Revive isn't as great as they make it out to be, with the 3 minute limit. often I don't even bother.

my job in fights is to stay out of it unless I'm bored, and to keep my army at full strength. with the masteries at the level they are, I don't have any trouble with that, except during some boss fights. Mana is almost never a problem.

the one big problem with this build is Diablo himself. even with all their HP, my army falls apart after 2 or 3 of his fire rings. In those situations, I often wonder if I shouldn't have put a point or two into curses.

When I first saw the cows, it was fairly funny, but the ridiculous moos I heard almost made me fall out of my seat laughing. there sure are a lot of them, though....

Old November 14, 2003, 23:49   #44
The Mad Monk
Emperor

MOO!
Old November 14, 2003, 23:52   #45
The Mad Monk
Emperor

My experience with skelarmies and curses is that amplify damage and life tap work great with them -- especially if the life tap is used in combination with a thorns merc.

Last edited by The Mad Monk; November 15, 2003 at 12:26.
Old December 18, 2003, 03:35   #46
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

well what da ya know. I am playing Diablo2 again.

I can't let this game go. And I'm playing a class I never thought I would play. The necromancer.

The first time I played a necromancer I thought they sucked. You could only summone 1 skeleton with the wand you start with. And it took forever for that skeleton to kill anything.

But now I'm having a lot of fun. Now the only other class I haven't beaten Diablo with is the Assassin. I may still play that one someday. I was actually playing my Werebear a little yesterday too. It surely has been over 3 months but my character was still there

Okay my necro is pretty much a zookeeper (I think- I don't keep track of the names of all the subclasses). Most of my skills are in summoning. But I do plan on putting 1 point each into skills like poison nova, lower resists, summon resist, a couple others I can't think of now. I probably won't put any into the attract/confuse side of the tree. I haven't decided if I'll put any into the bone tree (the very right branch- bone armor, bone wall, bone prison) as well. I know they are useful, but right now my skill points are tight. I don't have any to spare. Most of my points are in summoning- mostly skeleton and golem mastery. I do think I will put 1 point into bone spear and bone spirit. I already wasted the point on teeth and poison dagger. So I figure I will go all the way up to bone spirit and poison nova. It will give me something to do aside from managing my army.

I didn't think I would like standing around having my monsters do all the work. But I'm having a lot of fun being the "general". I love having an army at my disposal.

Another thing that has helped the staying power of my part is the act 2 merc with prayer. Prayer helps keep my summons alive longer.

I'm still in act2, but I never use any potions. It's so nice not having to mess around with any potions- health or mana. Don't need them. But we'll see how things hold up in later acts. I have heard that this type of character can survive in hell, I am concerned about the staying power of my skeletons, but we'll see.

Last edited by Dis; December 18, 2003 at 03:41.
Old December 18, 2003, 04:44   #47
The Mad Monk
Emperor

The key is to party up with similarly-minded players.

Zookeepers and Paladins go great together -- toss in a Sorcie to deliver some heavy fire on point where required, and you're golden.
Old December 18, 2003, 05:20   #48
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

the only bad thing, is nobody joined my games . I did join one game early on to help get through act 1. I was joined with a barb. Barbs work well with necros as well.

Necros can go with most classes except maybe druids because of the vines.

But some people don't like all the minions clogging up the screen using resources. And I have been in games with necros with ungodly numbers of minions. And it is annoying - even on Cable modem connection.

so it can be a little lonely if nobody wants to party with me
Old December 20, 2003, 03:51   #49
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I forgot to mention I couldn't find anyone to team up with me when I went in the tunnels in act2.

A real pain in the ass that one was. My act2 merc would never go in front of me. Often I ended up with a skeleton archer in the front. they couldn't take out those rock worms and such . But necros really rock in wide open areas like the deserts in act2.
Old December 20, 2003, 04:41   #50
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Huh. I thought they fixed it.
Old December 20, 2003, 05:13   #51
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

fix what?

It's tough to get your merc to go where you want him to in such a narrow confine
Old December 20, 2003, 06:51   #52
The Mad Monk
Emperor

If I find myself in that situation, I play decoy -- I attract the critters, than go behind the merc in let him at them.
Old December 20, 2003, 06:51   #53
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Oh, and I thought you meant you were getting pinned by your minions.
Old December 21, 2003, 04:02   #54
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

nope, that hasn't been a problem.
Old December 23, 2003, 05:29   #55
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike
Hehe... I just sold an anhilus charm (and a really crappy one at that) on ebay for $20 bucks. This is fun, especially considering I've found 5 already. I'm gonna sell more stuff on ebay .

Anybody want a full Aldur's set? 50 bucks, .
I (used to)piss out aldurs sets.

people still buy d2 items!!???? OMG LOLZ!!!!111!!!
I figured ppl learned not to buy d2 items by 1.09 cause its so friggin easy to get stuff ur self. Well maybe ill start playing again just to make money again then...

Best rip off ever: IK maul(1.08) for $80 bucks on ebay... then ppl realized ik maul was jackshit...

transition from d2 to d2x... good times good times.....
Old December 23, 2003, 15:51   #56
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 03:27
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Well, good news for everyone (and mediocre news for me, but I don't care). Blizzard finally grew a pair and started doing something about questionable actions on BNET. My friend and I were banned about a month ago for duping stuff . When I emailed them to get my account back they said no. Good for them. It's about ****ing time they do something about hacks instead of just warning people.

I didn't care, the game is ancient and I was about done playing anyway. I already had 2 characters that could solo on 8 player hell. My javazon had 50,000 damage on her plague javalin .

I managed to make close to $200 bucks on ebay (no not selling dupes, only extra legit stuff I wasn't using) before it was all said and done. Not bad for 3-4 weeks of playing a video game off and on.

Despite Blizzard's best efforts, they still are gonna need to ban the sale of stuff online if they ever hope to eliminate Diablo hacking. You can just make too much money.
Old February 15, 2004, 18:16   #57
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

for some reason my necro is on the ladder- so it says on the character screen.

Although I can't find anywhere the ladder is posted? anyone know?

And I can't figure out why he's on the ladder. He's only level 24 . Even at level 19 he was listed as being on the ladder. I only played that one day (as I was talking about in an above post).

But I played him again 2 nights ago and last night. And I'm about to play him some more . I still struggled a little more than I wanted to against Duriel. I have no patience . I just created a game and got a barbarian and a druid to help me. Doing it solo is no fun. My golem just doesn't stay up long enough. And getting skeletons is too difficult.

I may finally try an Assassin. The last remaining class I have never played past level 1. Necro was the next to last class.
Old February 16, 2004, 07:24   #58
Qilue
King

Local Time: 21:27
Dissident, which realm are you on?

I have characters on west and east and I usually play from 3 am to 3 pm US east coast time on weekends. I usually play in Amazon Basin games. They are a great group without all the greed, selfishness and childishness you see in public games.
Old February 16, 2004, 16:02   #59
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I am on US west
Old February 16, 2004, 20:12   #60
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 12:27
I got a druid at level 50, but lost interest. I think I wasted alot of skill points on warewolf and fury. A sorc. with spells are far more powerfull.

The new iPod nano: nano