Old October 29, 2003, 11:30   #1
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 06:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Iran Puts In Request To Be Smoked Next
I'll wait around and give "----" and "------" some time to come whinetailing around about the fact Iran is full of jackasses; and how somehow, someway this is that bastard Bush's fault.

Iran Won't Give Al Qaeda Intelligence to U.S.
1 hour, 19 minutes ago
By Parinoosh Arami

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said Wednesday it would not share intelligence with the United States about al Qaeda members it is holding and dismissed U.S. charges that anti-American fighters were slipping across its borders into Iraq (news - web sites).

U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage said on Tuesday Washington was prepared to resume limited contacts with the Iranian government but that relations would not improve until Tehran shared intelligence on al Qaeda.

"We don't have any relations with American security services so there is no reason to do anything on this issue," government spokesman Abdollah Ramazanzadeh told a weekly news conference.

President Mohammad Khatami (news - web sites) rebuffed a call by President Bush (news - web sites) Tuesday for Iran and Syria to tighten their borders to stop fighters crossing into Iraq.

"The accusations are not new, they have always made such baseless charges," Khatami told reporters.

The U.S. has attributed an upsurge in violence in Iraq in part to foreign fighters that the U.S. military has numbered between 1,000 and 3,000.

Washington broke off talks with Tehran over Iran's neighbors Afghanistan (news - web sites) and Iraq in May after accusing Iran of sheltering al Qaeda members behind bombings in Saudi Arabia on May 12 which killed 35 people, including nine Americans.

Iran denies cooperating with al Qaeda and says it has caught and extradited hundreds of suspected members of Osama bin Laden (news - web sites)'s network who fled from Afghanistan and Pakistan in the last two years.

PRACTICAL STEPS

Ramazanzadeh noted that Armitage's comments on resuming talks with Iran were the first such remarks from a U.S. official for some time but added that Tehran was waiting for Washington to take "practical steps" to improve relations.

"It is not possible to threaten a country, to block its assets, to accuse it and then want talks," he said.

Washington broke ties with Tehran shortly after the 1979 Islamic revolution. Low-level talks have occasionally taken place in third countries to discuss specific issues but neither side has made a concerted effort to normalize relations.

In Iran, restoring ties with the country religious leaders refer to as the "Great Satan" is considered a virtually taboo subject and government officials rarely confirm that contacts with U.S. officials have taken place.

The U.S. administration has described Iran as part of an "axis of evil" with Iraq and North Korea (news - web sites) and accused it on trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Political analysts in Tehran said Iran's recent decision to agree to tougher inspections of its nuclear sites and suspend uranium enrichment may have encouraged Washington to resume its dialogue with Tehran.

Events in Iraq, where anti-American attacks blamed by some on foreign fighters show little sign of fizzling out, are another motivating factor for Washington, they said.

Tehran last week handed over to the United Nations (news - web sites) Security Council a list of more than 200 names of al Qaeda members it has recently extradited to their home countries.

Washington dismissed the Iranian move, saying Iran should turn over all al Qaeda members to the United States, their country of origin or third countries.
Old October 29, 2003, 11:35   #2
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Smoked with what?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 29, 2003, 11:39   #3
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 07:29
Guard pigs!
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old October 29, 2003, 11:40   #4
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

May Allah have mercy on their souls!
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 29, 2003, 11:40   #5
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Various option are at our disposal.
Since, the people I have in mind, don't like cluster bombs, let's go with that option.
Old October 29, 2003, 11:40   #6
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:29
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Why bother smoking Iran? Iraq's still burning.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old October 29, 2003, 15:12   #7
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 03:29
Smoking can be hazardous to your health. Especially chain smoking.
Old October 29, 2003, 15:16   #8
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
When the going gets tough the tough gets going. I send ... send Susie Q's!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 29, 2003, 15:43   #9
Sandman
King

Iran is to be smoked? That's one expensive cigarette.
Old October 29, 2003, 15:46   #10
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 11:29
I hope Allah is wearing kevlar

Not again.. it made good TV and debates the last time round, now its getting boring.
Old October 29, 2003, 16:06   #11
Q Classic
Emperor

how 'bout rolling them a big, huge blunt?

they'll be up in smoke in no time.
Old October 29, 2003, 16:56   #12
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 07:29
its obviously a Zionist plot - first Iran will be smoked, than consumed on a bagel with cream cheese.
Old October 29, 2003, 17:38   #13
My Wife Hates CIV
Civilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

It's not that expensive if it's done right. And it done right, there's nothing left smoking.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:00   #14
Pekka
Emperor

wooo black betty bambalam black betty had a child bambalam the damn thing gone wild... ok I need to stop singing. Get ready! Pack your full gears, two days fire supplies and get that oil away from your guns, everybody ready in 10 minutes! DinoDoc, You are responsible for ordering stakes and beers via helicopter no further than 1KM from LZ the coming night, do you read me? AND DON'T FORGET THE MUSIC! Sloww, you are in charge of handling our air superiority from the ground, we will establish our one man war room for you. Take'em all out! And YOU make sure Slowws beers are COLD and they don't run out in that war room, son! Or you'll be pushing papers the rest of your life!

And the rest of you mofos, LOCK AND LOAD! I'll be on point, since I want to make the first kill. Man behind me will carry the camera at all times, and take excellent pictures of me taking enemies down like duck game in the amusement park. I want to see myself on my better side, catch the flame out of the pipe, and don't you dare to take pictures when my eyes are closed. LET'S ROLL!
Iran will be on its knees in less than a day.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:01   #15
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 08:29
BOMB THE TO HELL! They won't get virgins there.

Where are the B-52s?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:04   #16
Pekka
Emperor

Fez, would you like to be in charge of our helicopter squadron?
Old October 29, 2003, 19:05   #17
Giancarlo
King

Hell no... I want B-52s... better yet... are any of those AC-130s flying?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:08   #18
Pekka
Emperor

Come on.. AC-130s don't belong to real Rambo missions...too advanced!
Old October 29, 2003, 19:09   #19
Giancarlo
King

Well the One 25mm GAU-12 Gatling gun (1,800 rounds per minute), one L60 40mm Bofors cannon (100 shots per minute), one M102 105mm cannon (6-10 rounds per minute) say differently.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:09   #20
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 13:29
Too much land to occupy. You lack the manpower if you don't conscript, which would be fatal for Bush if he wants a second term.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:11   #21
Giancarlo
King

Who says the US needs to occupy it? I thought leveling it would be enough?
Old October 29, 2003, 19:23   #22
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Re: Iran Puts In Request To Be Smoked Next
Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
I'll wait around and give "----" and "------" some time to come whinetailing around about the fact Iran is full of jackasses; and how somehow, someway this is that bastard Bush's fault.
not yet.
Old October 29, 2003, 19:38   #23
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Iran better hurry with its nukes.

Though with someone like Bushie in the White House, I wonder if it'll have any affect at all
Old October 30, 2003, 03:45   #24
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 03:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Who says the US needs to occupy it? I thought leveling it would be enough?
Why do I read these posts, and hear Foghorn Leghorn, Prissy the Hen, and widdle Henwy Hawk's voices in my head?
Old October 30, 2003, 04:03   #25
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Because your kid has them on TV in the next room?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old October 30, 2003, 06:54   #26
Proteus_MST
King

Local Time: 13:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild
Why bother smoking Iran? Iraq's still burning.
So it fits.
If the wind Direction is the right one,
you can smoke Iran with the smoke from burning Iraq
Old October 30, 2003, 07:01   #27
Space05us
King

Local Time: 23:29
I know!!!! raise and army in Afganistan and in Iraq and tell the two countries to go to war with Iran, any land they occupy is thiers!

and if all else fails, carpet bomb!!! (maybe throw a nuke or two in)
Old October 30, 2003, 07:37   #28
Q Classic
Emperor

you know, if we invade and occupy from bases in afghanistan and iraq, we could set up our very own big swath of land in the area.

the west asian protectorate under united state administration, stretching from pakistan to saudi arabia, a veritable melting pot of peoples.
Old October 30, 2003, 08:18   #29
ghen
King

You know, its all bush's fault for failing at diplomacy..

Is that what you wanted to hear?
Old October 30, 2003, 08:19   #30
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Anyone care to estimate how much conflict with Iran would cost the US taxpayer? Enough to affect the next Presidential election perhaps?