ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Two Thrones?
link

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/twothrones.asp

Does anybody know anything more about it?
It looks as though the forum dates back to yesterday and there doesn't seem to be much out about it yet.
It looks like a late-era CK/early-era EU2 hybrid.
I don't much like the sound of the "lightweight" or less complexity comments but it still looks as though it could be interesting.

Is this their other mysterious project that was rumoured around the time they confirmed Victoria, or do they have something else yet in the works?
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2003, 11:28   #2
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:32
It's either an XP to Crown of the North or a standalone based on thayt game(don't remember which is right). It's an EU2 light with the time scale being the Hundred Years War. If you liked CotN, you'll probably like this one too. I for one will much more like to play CK and Vickie over this game.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2003, 12:54   #3
Janbalk
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:32
Yupp, it is a standalone based on the CotN/SR3 engine. About the 100-years war, kind of across between EU and a standard RTS. Or EU-light if you prefer.
Janbalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2004, 08:46   #4
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
I just picked this up yesterday(second hand), and was wondering if anyone had tried it here?
I dont mind in principle that its been called a 'lite' EU , as long as the game is fun and easier to run mp games with.
I'm slightly worried that no patches have yet come out for this game - it can't be that perfect can it?

So what's peoples verdict on this one?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
child of Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2004, 08:58   #5
Nikolai
Deity

I haven't tried it, but the game is basically an English version of a Swedish game older than even EU1.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old December 18, 2004, 11:39   #6
child of Thor
Emperor

well thats not a bad thing one of my fav 'old school' war games was Brian Vodnicks 'Vikings:Field of conquests' (it was the uk title)http://www.classicgaming.com/amigareviews/vikingsf.htm.
A very simple but compelling game that was excellent fun when played hotseat with a friend or two
Just going by the cover and the screen shots i've seen on the net of it - i like the look of 'Two Thrones' over EU2, atleast in the overhead map display mode.
The land actualy looks like land! rather than a patchwork of colours
Still EU2 is the big daddy of strat for sure.

I've got to wait until xmas to try 'Two Thrones', was just hopeing for a bit of a heads up before then. I'll post my impressions when i've got some
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Last edited by child of Thor; December 18, 2004 at 11:45.
Old December 18, 2004, 11:46   #7
Nikolai
Deity

That a game's olds is not neccessarily bad, but since this is the grandpa to EU1, which was a good, but bug ridden game early in the develpment that has lead to the newest Paradox games... Sufficent to say I'd rather play CK.
Old December 30, 2004, 18:00   #8
child of Thor
Emperor

Had my first look at it today for about 2hours.

Impressions so far:

A really great looking world map - compared to EU.

Much less 'under the hood' - not neccesarily a bad thing, could bode well for MP?

Frustrating Naval imbalances in early game - in that France already has a much more powerfull navy and just moves around destroying any new ships you build, after sinking your main fleet! probably just a newbie gameplay oversight thing i need to address.

Great setting - England vs France, although technicaly its off course France vs France as most history buffs accept

The War of the Roses setting is a nice one for English history fans.