Old October 31, 2000, 10:03   #1
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Need some help, please...
Ok, currently the German beta of my new Imperium Romanum is tested, and I´m working on the English translation to release it for a test drive here.

Is there someone who would help me with that? The translation of the events isn´t a problem for me, but I don´t know the correct translations for some specific terms in the rules (techs like: "Torsionsgeschütze" or "Schiefe Schlachtordnung" ).

But my main problem (and the biggest work ) is the translation of the pedia.txt. In the German version I have some descriptions for the wonders in it that are really hard for me to translate...

Finally I have another question: Should I add multiple events files? The scn has over 300 turns, so my first idea was to give the playable civs (Romans and Macedonians) a special events file, as in Kull´s "Seeds of Greatness".

Currently I only have the events for the Romans finished and I think one file isn´t enough. So I think about three or four events files only for the Romans. That would mean that they are the only playable civ, is that enough? Or should I also make these multiple files for the Macedonians, combining the multiple events system whith civ specific events?

------------------
Civ2000
Old October 31, 2000, 11:45   #2
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 07:06
You could have mailed me directly
Old October 31, 2000, 12:49   #3
BeBro
Emperor

Thank you, Stefan , I´ll mail you the file(s)...

------------------
Civ2000
Old October 31, 2000, 18:12   #4
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 07:06
If you still need some help with some smaller english things I can always help you out there...

------------------
Mathias' Civ II Page
http://members.nbci.com/thalys
Old November 1, 2000, 02:08   #5
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: October 30, 2010
BeBro: You can probably guess my answer to the civ-specific event question! There's no question that it's a lot more work to come up with all the extra events, but I think it's worth it. Adding historical spice is always a plus, but one of the best reasons for doing this is to make things harder on the human controlled civ. The AI is usually so dumb that events can be the only way to ratchet up the difficulty level, especially when you have a scenario with multiple playable civs.
Old November 1, 2000, 11:32   #6
BeBro
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by Kull on 11-01-2000 01:08 AM
...but one of the best reasons for doing this is to make things harder on the human controlled civ.

Yes, Kull, that´s alo what I think so currently in the events for a "Roman" player I support the AI civs with lots of additional units, mainly the Macedonians to secure the rise of Macedonia. In events files for a "Macedonian" player I would mainly support the now AI controlled Romans to make sure that the AI can establish an empire.

Today I finished three events files only for the Romans , but these have to be tested, because I´m really a newbie with such multiple files ("...again a new beta?", I hear my testers cry ).
Now starts the work for the Macedonia specific events...

And Hendrik, thanks, I´ll ask you if necessary

------------------
Civ2000
[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited November 01, 2000).]