Old October 31, 2003, 18:08   #31
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 13:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Be quiet man.. the last thing this thread needs is leftist crap. Of course leftists don't give a **** about the military. Or anybody but themselves for that matter.

Well good luck, Oerdin... I hope all is safe for you.
First of all, I'm not a leftist. I share some opinions of the leftists on the issue of the Iraq war, but I am conservative on most other issues, including but not limited to feminism, taxation and gay rights.

Second, I'm pro-military, and I've done my military service with pride, as every real man should. Did you? But being pro-military is not the same thing as being pro-war. The main purpose of having a military is to prevent war, isn't it?

Third, you are correct, I don't really mind for anybody but myself (and my family). I'm a conservative, after all.
Old October 31, 2003, 18:28   #32
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 08:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

First of all, I'm not a leftist. I share some opinions of the leftists on the issue of the Iraq war, but I am conservative on most other issues, including but not limited to feminism, taxation and gay rights.
Being against the liberation of Iraq is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Anyways, you are anti-gay rights? Fine.

Quote:
Second, I'm pro-military, and I've done my military service with pride, as every real man should. Did you? But being pro-military is not the same thing as being pro-war. The main purpose of having a military is to prevent war, isn't it?
I am not pro-war. First off I have university to finish. And Secondly, I might apply for Spanish military service.

And finally, the war against Iraq had to happen.

Quote:
Third, you are correct, I don't really mind for anybody but myself (and my family). I'm a conservative, after all.
You are not a conservative...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old October 31, 2003, 18:56   #33
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 05:33
I know where you're going, Oerdin. It's an icy place. No, not Alaska. Greenland. Thule, baby, Thule!

(BTW, that's just a wild-ass guess on my part.)

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old October 31, 2003, 18:57   #34
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

write from time to time

take care and watch your six

have a nice day
Old October 31, 2003, 19:07   #35
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 11:33
yay!
not that you're leaving..but that it sounds like you got some work. have fun in all the places you go!
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old October 31, 2003, 20:02   #36
Chemical Ollie
King

So , Fez, why would university stop you from going to war? You could always finish university if you get back home, you know? It's easy to talk the talk when you don't walk the walk. I made sure to get my military service done BEFORE I started university. I don't think you will do your service ever, you just like to tell other people to do it.

By the way, Fez means fart in Swedish. Everytime I see a post by you, I can't help thinking that. Sorry.
Old October 31, 2003, 20:17   #37
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
By the way, Fez means fart in Swedish. Everytime I see a post by you, I can't help thinking that. Sorry.
LOL! Oh sweet Jesus, is there a language more apt!
Old October 31, 2003, 23:21   #38
Alex
Emperor

that was good...
Old November 1, 2003, 01:19   #39
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 03:33
Go get some Osama ass bro!
Old November 1, 2003, 12:45   #40
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:33
montery, ca! whoohoo! that town's awesome.

-theonion.com
Old November 1, 2003, 19:42   #41
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 04:33
I'm at the Army reserve base in Sacramento right now and the word on the street is they'll be sending us to Afghanistan.

Talk to you later.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old November 1, 2003, 19:59   #42
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 07:33
Yea, go get Osama.

And stay safe.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old November 1, 2003, 20:02   #43
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
Oerdin, Thank you for going out there. Be safe and get back in one piece.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:05   #44
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I'm at the Army reserve base in Sacramento right now and the word on the street is they'll be sending us to Afghanistan.

Talk to you later.
Wow, that's even worse than Imatra (In Finland, right on the Russian border, where my company sends me all the time).

It might be somewhat safer than Iraq right now, but it's still the A-hole of the world. Stay safe. I bet you won't score any local chicks.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:10   #45
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Forunately, there are always whores.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:10   #46
Pekka
Emperor

Chemical Ollie, what an uplifting post..
What's wrong with Imatra? (this is rhetoric question, you are not supposed to answer this).
Old November 1, 2003, 20:25   #47
Chemical Ollie
King

Pekka, have you ever been there? Man, it sucks. It's like an American rural town - it has no real town centre, just some buildings spread out all over the place, and you need a car to get around. Well, at least the hotel is great - the Tzar's castle. Apart from the crappy dance music in the night club, of course. They say the place should be filled with Russian hookers, but I have never seen any. I suppose I was lucky.

Sorry for the threadjack Oerdin.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:27   #48
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Forunately, there are always whores.
"Getting yourself stoned" has another meaning in those countries.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:28   #49
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
So , Fez, why would university stop you from going to war?
University is in the US. Spanish military service is in Spain. And I haven't thought about it much yet.

Quote:
It's easy to talk the talk when you don't walk the walk.
Shut up.

Quote:
I don't think you will do your service ever, you just like to tell other people to do it.
Shut up.

Quote:
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:29   #50
Pekka
Emperor

Chemical Ollie, well let's not threadjack this one, but I know what you're talking about. Never been there, but seen some footage in the news or something.. looks very rural . I'm sorry you have to go there so often.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:31   #51
Giancarlo
King

Sorry about that.. just letting out some steam. Chemical Ollie is a fraud.... anyways, I hope Oerdin does well in his service to his country.

Look if I don't serve in the Spanish Army, I might go into the Civil Guard...
Old November 1, 2003, 20:34   #52
Chemical Ollie
King

Fez, you need some training in argumentation skills. Saying "Shut up" naturally won't make me shut up. You have to use reason and logic, not just empty words.

And Oerdin, sorry again for the threadjack.
Old November 1, 2003, 20:37   #53
Giancarlo
King

As I said I was letting out some steam. I used to do that more often...
Old November 2, 2003, 02:48   #54
BeBro
Emperor

Good luck Oerdin.
Old November 2, 2003, 19:33   #55
Oerdin
Deity

Argghhh! I wish they'd just give me a final anwser as to where I'm going. They're saying half of us will go to Afghanistan and half of us will go to Iraq but they aren't saying who's going where.

Why does the army have to be so secretive? I just want to know so I can begin planning and buy books about the history, culture, and language of the country I'm going to be in.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old November 2, 2003, 20:06   #56
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:33
Read up on both.
Old November 2, 2003, 20:12   #57
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

ack!

One reason I did not join the naval reserve as I had planned. I knew I would be called up for Iraq (as our local reserve unit is based in Bahrain).

I guess you don't have to worry about being unemployed though.

take care, be safe
Old November 2, 2003, 20:16   #58
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
good luck oerdin

funny to see how there are lotsa people leaving Poly these days. I think we're all getting old. Soon there'll be only the owners and old museum items like Ming or rah or AH.
I will never leave! Much to the chagrin of other Poly posters.
Old November 2, 2003, 20:19   #59
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
Yea, go get Osama.

And stay safe.
that would be cool if someone from Poly bagged Osama. Maybe you'll just stumble over him hiding in some alley in the middle of the coalition forces. It wouldn't suprise me if he was hiding in plain sight. Keep your eyes open.
Old November 2, 2003, 22:37   #60
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 07:33
Good luck, and keep your head down (both of them, re: whores ).
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned