Old November 2, 2000, 15:22   #1
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lucky for you this is already a part of my next scenario

Except for the crap about Soviet Union attacking the U.S. in 1950. The war would have been over by then because the Soviet Union invaded Manchuria in 1945.
Old November 2, 2000, 15:38   #2
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 22:06
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Darth: tell me more about your scenario. Which of ideas I listed here you already have?

I can certainly give up the scenario and use my ideas in an ancient China warfare scenario.

Japan would accept peace short of unconditional surrender if it could hold out the Americans -- Russia had no intention to beat Japan to unconditional surrender. Japan would have time to recover and wait for WWIII.
Old November 2, 2000, 16:17   #3
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 07:06
quote:

Originally posted by Xin Yu on 11-02-2000 02:38 PM
I can certainly give up the scenario and use my ideas in an ancient China warfare scenario...

Tell us more, Xin !!!

I collected so much artworks about ancient China that I'm able to do Chinese scenarios for the whole time of my life...
Old November 2, 2000, 23:52   #4
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Prom, any chance of having your Chinese scenario translated into English?
Old November 3, 2000, 01:08   #5
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 22:06
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Scenario Idea: WWII Japanese survival
Please post your idea and knowledge in historical background.

End of WWII is near. German is defeated and both the American and the Russian are moving troops from Europe to the Far East. Japan is doomed. You will play the Japanese and try to survive.

Idea one: the battle of Phillipines. Japan used a carrier as decoy to lure the American ships to the East while other ships were coming from the west to attack the landing ships. They almost succeeded. Events will order all American ships to move towards the East whenever one of your decoy ships is killed. You must use the precious time to destroy the transports and retreat before the American battle ships come back. If you are successful the American will lose support ships for its fleet and its ships will not be able to move until it builds the MGE wonder.

Idea two: A line of size 1 cities from Singapore to Japan with each city having an incoming fuel (food) route and an outcoming fuel route to support your imperial navy. You must protect all of the cities because if one of them is destroyed, the next city will have fuel deficit and cancel the outcoming trade route. Eventually your Japan city will lose fuel support and your only super carrier (which will always reborn once lost) will be disbanded.

Idea three: most Japanese army will have submarine flags so they cannot attack. They are fighting a defensive war, after all.

Idea four: The Americans have two commanders: McArthor and Nimitz. Defeating Nimitz will give you an edge while defeating McArthor will give you a hard time.

The Soviet Union will declare war on the US in 1950 and you'll have a chance to win.
Old November 3, 2000, 04:45   #6
KhanMan
Prince

Local Time: 06:06
Mao-Did you/do you have a scenario page? I thought I saw it once, but can't find the link...

Hmmm...if the above message-chain is broken, does Xin's super scenario get disbanded?

-KhanMan
Old November 6, 2000, 20:59   #7
DarthVeda
Emperor

Well for Kyokujitsu, the user will be presented with possibilities for victory for every year from 1941 to 1945, except after July, 1945.

Of Course, the United States will beat on you like a taskmaster and there will be little to no hope of winning outright.