Old October 31, 2003, 17:57   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A balad for GS
The Fatefull Plain

The wind whipped up the sand about the lands of Spain;
And the Stormians had come to save the land, or so it is they claim;
For there they toiled under the sun upon that fatefull plain;

The footmen stood at guard alas for the Chickens had gone on before;
Pikes upright and polished bright, disciplined from the wars of Yore;
They stood in watch for any sign the comming of the Glory of War;

Tension eased and they looked pleased as daylight came and went;
And darkness fell,released it's spell once all the light was spent;
Yet, they stood fast, secure at last, their quest would not relent;

From out of the night there came a sound to make the very ground tremble with fear;
And from whence it came soon was abundantly clear;
The Riders swept from out the town intent to show them to their funeral bier;

Swords were drawn and strides were long when the two forces clashed;
And all too soon all hope to survive this night was dashed;
Yet fight with all their might did they, lest their honor be bashed;

And blood ran free, both horse and man, for flesh is easily torn;
And rays of light overcame the night upon the breaking morn';
They revealed naught but a dreadfull sight, for few were left to mourn;

The deep red blood of many lost brave men once slain;
Will mark this spot, forever it's told, a great and mighty stain;
In rememb'rance to mark this place as the dreaded fatefull plain;

Ok I suck at naming. Call it something better...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2003, 20:37   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
UnO.

Great stuff. And the name is wonderful. I wouldn't say you suck at naming, but you definitely suck at spelling.

The Fateful Plain
Old November 1, 2003, 00:18   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

but you definitely suck at spelling.
That's a GoW dyndrome, or hadn't you noticed?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2003, 00:21   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

GoW grammar rules are nonexistent.........
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2003, 00:47   #5
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Good stuff, UnO.

Here's hopin' our brave Stormians gave as good as they got.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2003, 06:38   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:37
I think it's spelled ballad...

But what the heck

I just wish there were enough active participants in my team to enjoy your little poem.
Recently, I've become inactive as well. My spare time has become so rare that I could only dedicate it to things that I'm passionate about, and I've been constantly losing interest in GS ever since the war started.
Since Nathan left, the level of organization has been gradually dropping. It has off-peaked during the current war, where almost every bad decision that was made regarding troop maneuvers was actually a product of lack of organization - great ideas that could not be discussed due to sluggish teamwork, misinterpretations of orders and such.
I couldn't bear wasting my rare spare time on a team that does not function, so I dropped my participation level to zero. And that's my sad, sorry tale.
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2003, 06:50   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

P.S. BigFree, your PM box is full.
Anyway, I've taken care of what you asked.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old November 1, 2003, 07:22   #8
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 12:37
Old November 1, 2003, 09:42   #9
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Very fine Ballad. We might find some appropriate notes and then our BASF will sing this when they strike next time.
Old November 1, 2003, 10:17   #10
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I just wish there were enough active participants in my team to enjoy your little poem.
Recently, I've become inactive as well. My spare time has become so rare that I could only dedicate it to things that I'm passionate about, and I've been constantly losing interest in GS ever since the war started.
Since Nathan left, the level of organization has been gradually dropping. It has off-peaked during the current war, where almost every bad decision that was made regarding troop maneuvers was actually a product of lack of organization - great ideas that could not be discussed due to sluggish teamwork, misinterpretations of orders and such.
I couldn't bear wasting my rare spare time on a team that does not function, so I dropped my participation level to zero. And that's my sad, sorry tale.
Couldn't have said it better. Spare time is a precious thing. Too precious to be wasted. Although I differ in the reasoning. War as such is not the fun killer. Mudslinging is.

Thank God the 2nd game is still fun. Still.

Sorry UnO, your ballad is certainly good , but somehow I can't enjoy it.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2003, 10:36   #11
Shiber
Emperor

Oh, GhengisFarb's anti-social behavior was certainly one of my reasons for leaving, though it was not 'make or break'. Whether the team functions or not is what really mattered to me.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; November 1, 2003 at 10:45.
Old November 1, 2003, 17:53   #12
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Well played, and well written.

We mourn the lost fighters; THEY SHALL BE AVENGED!!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2003, 14:03   #13
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Man, Shiber. This sucks. And I mean that in a compassionate way. I guess we had some sense of the discord, but this paints it fairly clearly.

I'm glad to say Vox is still fairly active - albeit it is builder active - and a long-time between turns.

I for one am sorry that it has come to this for GS. If there is anything that I have done, or not done, which has contributed to the state of affairs, I apologize. If there is anything I/we can do to help - let me/us know.

This game is a long way from being over. And besides - aren't you still in the lead? I'll tell you what - why don't Vox and GS trade places - lock, stock and barrell.
Old November 2, 2003, 14:58   #14
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Oh, GhengisFarb's anti-social behavior was certainly one of my reasons for leaving,
Really, thats somewhat ironic since you were the instigator of my more unfriendly salvos.
Old November 2, 2003, 15:57   #15
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Don't worry Beta... although some of our team have departed, and some just check in every once in a while, thus resulting in a bit of organizational chaos... we have our act together again, and will still be opening some cans'o whupass where needed.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old November 2, 2003, 16:41   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

You might want to check those cans for their expiration dates.............
Old November 2, 2003, 18:47   #17
Theseus
Emperor

Old November 2, 2003, 23:08   #18
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:37
Colonel Announces Sale on Fried Chicken
Due to the fact that the chickens have decided to come to us and since this lowers the cost of transportation. We are glad to announce 50% off sale, on all chicken product(squid still full price).

To paraphase somebodies signature,"the trick isn't to catch the chickens to make the nuggets, its to make the chickens asspire to NuggetHood".

Aggie
Old November 2, 2003, 23:11   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: Colonel Announces Sale on Fried Chicken
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
"its to make the chickens aspire to Nuggethood".
And that has been achieved.
Old November 3, 2003, 00:24   #20
Theseus
Emperor

You are both p*ssing off the War Chicken trainers... big mistake.

Last edited by Theseus; November 3, 2003 at 09:12.
Old November 3, 2003, 00:51   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
You are both p*ssing of the War Chicken trainers... big mistake.
Mmmmm more nuggets........
Old November 3, 2003, 01:11   #22
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:37
Quote:
p*ssing of the War Chicken trainers
Whats wrong with the p*ssing of the chicken trainers. Do they have some strange disease that effects this process. If so I call biological warfare charge on GS. In addition chickens of said trainers might not get the "grade A" rating. Man I might have to let these chickens be sold by my competitor, churches(wait is this RP, after all they are religious).
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; November 3, 2003 at 01:19.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3, 2003, 10:15   #23
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
To paraphase somebodies signature,"the trick isn't to catch the chickens to make the nuggets, its to make the chickens asspire to NuggetHood".
Not bad, Aggie, not bad.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2003, 20:20   #24
Theseus
Emperor

Knock knock.

"Who's there?"

"Uh, pizza delivery."

"We didn't order any pizza. Who are you?"

"Uh, Chinese food?"

"We didn't order any Chinese. Tell me who you are!!"

"I'm a, err, a Pikeman."

"You're delivering 'pike food'? What the heck is that?"

"Ahhh, no, sorry for the confusion. I'm not delivering food. And I brought some friends... We sing ballads."

"Huh? Ballads, shmallads. The last one I heard was about those Gathering Chickens."

"Ummm... yeah. That's what we're here about."

Old November 7, 2003, 23:35   #25
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Don't worry Beta... although some of our team have departed, and some just check in every once in a while, thus resulting in a bit of organizational chaos... we have our act together again, and will still be opening some cans'o whupass where needed.

I would like to say I will sleep easier tonight knowing this, but ...

...to be honest, now that Conquests is out, sleep is academic anyway.
Old November 8, 2003, 02:14   #26
Theseus
Emperor

No sh*t.

Conquests... I curse thy name.

Old November 11, 2003, 21:51   #27
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

knock, knock

"Who's there?"

"Caaaaaaaandygram!"
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2003, 18:58   #28
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:37
Re: Colonel Announces Sale on Fried Chicken
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie

Aggie
Once we discover Industrialization, we can make shoe leather into nuggets, and with Genetics, we can grow algae into nuggets.
realpolitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2003, 02:29   #29
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Sad news I bring to you wanderer from far away.
It is with my deepest regret that I have to tell of the deaths of many brave Knights.

They were told years before to leave the forsaken grounds of spain or suffer utter, dire pain.
They did not heed and many pikemen died there on the plain.
Now their Knights went into forests dark and deep they tried to run from boulders hitting from an angle steep.
Their faith was choosen from the very start they got beaten by the Ansars weapons hard.
They fell with anger in the eye and cursed their leaders far to the east in the fields of rye.
So brave they were so great their number they fell before our feet like lumber.
'Tis the story that I have to tell of many soldiers there that went to hell.

Forgive me if my rhymes do hurt you but it's my first atempt and english isn't my mothers tounge
Old December 1, 2003, 05:34   #30
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

is this along the lines of:

"We are the Knights who say 'no noooo, not in the face!! AARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!"

?