Old December 4, 2003, 09:40   #121
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OK - Goodnight everyone.

Nice chatting with you Aeson....(I think : )
Old December 4, 2003, 10:20   #122
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
I intentionally avoid "nominating a person" because it invariably results in the "thats a personal attack" claim. And given the amount of reporting to mods that goes on, I try to avoid it.

So far..
Nominating a person from GS is a personal attack.
Was this referring to my comment in the Awards thread, regarding the most annoying poster? If so, I didn't realize I was only trying to protect myself and fellow GS'ers. I can assure you that there are others on other teams that would receive their fair share of votes.

Frankly I would rather be nominated for this award than not, it would at least let me know truer feelings from my fellow apolytonians than vague assertions and backroom chats.

I'm curious about this reporting to mod comment. Its been said numerous times over the past several days, but no one has named names on the suspected reporter. If you think I've reported you, I would like to be told that, as a man. And, frankly, since these 2-3 threads are still around, it would seem to indicate that anyone reporting things has long since departed, as surely we would have at a minimum been warned by now. Veritable spam, ad hom frenzy in here.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 12:21   #123
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:37
Where did that bottle of Prozac go?
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 12:42   #124
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:37
Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Where did that bottle of Prozac go?
Its being used by the players of the Create a Civ pbem while they wait on Optimal Pbem Delay to play his turn...............
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 17:54   #125
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Was this referring to my comment in the Awards thread, regarding the most annoying poster? If so, I didn't realize I was only trying to protect myself and fellow GS'ers. I can assure you that there are others on other teams that would receive their fair share of votes.

Frankly I would rather be nominated for this award than not, it would at least let me know truer feelings from my fellow apolytonians than vague assertions and backroom chats.

I'm curious about this reporting to mod comment. Its been said numerous times over the past several days, but no one has named names on the suspected reporter. If you think I've reported you, I would like to be told that, as a man. And, frankly, since these 2-3 threads are still around, it would seem to indicate that anyone reporting things has long since departed, as surely we would have at a minimum been warned by now. Veritable spam, ad hom frenzy in here.
Nope .. way off the mark.
Wasnt even thinking about you.
Your comment in the awards thread was quite valid.
(If I thought differently, I would of said so in that thread )

And I have never been reported....but apparantly, others have been.

{edit - Yep, sorry, I see how the confusion happened.
When I used "nominating a person" I meant directing a post at a single person. Nothing to do with nominations for the award ceremony.)

Last edited by Hot_Enamel; December 4, 2003 at 18:06.
Hot_Enamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 19:05   #126
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

c'mon we know who's the only person who reports people around here, hell, if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, he spams!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 19:06   #127
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:

Actually, I was hoping you would retaliate...but you saw through me.

I suckered NYE in though
Ahh, you admit to trolling. Well, at least you're an honest ass.

BTW, you were aware that trolling is frowned upon by the owers of the site, and that it can result in a ban, yes? Do you know why? Here's a hint, it detracts from the enjoyment of other members of the community.

Trolling can be pretty funny in hit and run threads, or in the OT. But that someone would be happy to be doing it to ruin the enjoyment of a game like this for others, and be supported by others in doing it is... a little beyond despicable.

Like I said, wallow in your own ****. Pigs do it and they seem to like it.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2003, 19:38   #128
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

My my. Canadians aren't very friendly at all. Maybe nye needs to get a Xmas hat for his avatar.
Old December 4, 2003, 19:50   #129
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:

Nope .. way off the mark.
Wasnt even thinking about you.
Your comment in the awards thread was quite valid.
(If I thought differently, I would of said so in that thread )

And I have never been reported....but apparantly, others have been.

{edit - Yep, sorry, I see how the confusion happened.
When I used "nominating a person" I meant directing a post at a single person. Nothing to do with nominations for the award ceremony.)
Ah thanks for the clarification. (perhaps I was a bit....paranoid )
Old December 4, 2003, 19:53   #130
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:37
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Give it a rest Darekill, most people have already left GS rather than have to listen to this kind of rubbish.

Concerning this post. It is very hard for me to say this after reading all this thread but...

What I said/implied here was wrong and hypocritical and I appologise for saying it.

Darekill, sorry for saying this to you. I think it's clear that it was what happened ingame, and the events leading up to that, which infruriated me and not your post, so sorry.

UnO, sorry too. All the other stuff I said was just trying to justify this and save face when I should have let it be.
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2003, 02:00   #131
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 12:37
Now it is my turn do write some nicey things. Though I still think that I have no weed whatsoever to be Mr. Niceguy

First of all thank all of you who defended me. You gave suport and I saw that I didn't do all wrong.

Even more thanks to all the members here that had enough courage to apologize and tell me again that it was not my person wich infuryated them but the events ingame that probably realy did hurt them a bit.

I understand that. If we weren't here with our hearts we would not play the game right. That includes personal engagements and that is the reason it get's personal sometimes but let's not forget that players might be as serious as they can possibly get concerning the game but the enemys in this game still could be partners and friends outside the game.

I hope this makes some sense....
Old December 5, 2003, 14:08   #132
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
Oh, by the way Darekill, speaking of events in-game... Congratulations.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2003, 14:59   #133
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Indeed, congratulations.

Do we see an ansar army? Or perhaps a capital move or fp build. Or maybe a wonder?

Anyway, congrats on the second(?) of the game.
Old December 5, 2003, 16:14   #134
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

they told me they rushed a worker in one of the southern cities. Hey those badlands need developing!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old December 5, 2003, 16:31   #135
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
they told me they rushed a worker in one of the southern cities. Hey those badlands need developing!
sneaky bastards!
Old December 5, 2003, 16:48   #136
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

The Sistine would be a nice wonder. And Lego really doesn't deserve it.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2003, 17:16   #137
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Yes, ND, you've been fighting a proxy war by the evil puppetmasters Lego. It is you who are suffering from the war weariness, whilst their citizens are blissfully ignorant of the role their government plays in this current struggle. Appease those loyal Neu Demogyptians whose loved ones have been lost in battle (granted not that many deaths on your side
) the Sistine Chapel would be a great tribute to their honor.
Old December 5, 2003, 17:25   #138
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
Oh Sir Ralph, are you trying to antagonize an entire other team now?
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2003, 17:31   #139
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Ack, I knew it it wouldn't be good to rush that worker...

Well anyway our forum will find a fit way to use Uthman. The great Leader of the BASF Army....
Old December 5, 2003, 17:40   #140
Hot_Enamel
Emperor

GoW needed to cut our iron supply, so we killed the leader.
Old December 5, 2003, 18:00   #141
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
Oh Sir Ralph, are you trying to antagonize an entire other team now?
You shouldn't have antagonized me in the first place.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2003, 14:12   #142
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Or for that matter, is there a PBEM at all where GF isn't in?

SR, this one was very good.
Old December 6, 2003, 14:16   #143
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

Concerning this post. It is very hard for me to say this after reading all this thread but...

What I said/implied here was wrong and hypocritical and I appologise for saying it.

Darekill, sorry for saying this to you. I think it's clear that it was what happened ingame, and the events leading up to that, which infruriated me and not your post, so sorry.

UnO, sorry too. All the other stuff I said was just trying to justify this and save face when I should have let it be.
OPD. Bravo! On behalf of the community, thank you.
Old December 6, 2003, 14:18   #144
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
My my. Canadians aren't very friendly at all. Maybe nye needs to get a Xmas hat for his avatar.
Yes we are! We will kill you with our niceness at MZO.
Old December 6, 2003, 14:59   #145
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Did someone wake up this morning with a case of post count envy?
Old December 6, 2003, 15:22   #146
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Did someone wake up this morning with a case of post count envy?
Now where was that earlier erfernce to the Pot and the Kettle?

(to be honest GF - I would do it as one post if I knew how to do multiple quotes from different people in the same reply. I have been here a year now and still never figured it out. Or for more accurately, never tried to figure it out. )
Old December 6, 2003, 18:39   #147
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Now where was that earlier erfernce to the Pot and the Kettle?

(to be honest GF - I would do it as one post if I knew how to do multiple quotes from different people in the same reply. I have been here a year now and still never figured it out. Or for more accurately, never tried to figure it out. )
There's no button for it, but there are two methods around it:
1) open up a new window for each post's "reply with quote" link and cut & paste them all into one
2) Open up one reply with quote, then copy the other posts from the "topic review" below the reply box and copy the formatting for them.

+1
Old December 6, 2003, 18:45   #148
Master Zen
Deity

watch out with those +1's, you know who's always watching....

gimme a P! gimma A! gimme an N!....

Old December 6, 2003, 18:57   #149
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:

I was posting relevant if off-thread topic content, thank you. The +1 was for irony.
Old December 6, 2003, 19:13   #150
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Pan?! When did Peter Pan become a mod? Don't tell me Off Topic has a new mod. Sheesh, the OTF has more mods than posters.................