Old November 3, 2003, 20:31   #91
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 07:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Congrats, UR. You and I don't see eye to eye most of the time, but that doesn't mean you can't still be a first-rate mod. Best of luck.

Not that you need luck; who could be better prepared than a Chinese person for the cruel and authoritarian job that is moderation?
Old November 3, 2003, 20:55   #92
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 05:44
I still question the motives behind it.

It seems like a counter-strike for the Mac forum thing.

I put an end to the mac-spam-forum and suddenly a new Moderator is appointed in the off-topic (my main forum) who is notoriously biased against me and constantly fights with me.

And yeah, UR is pretty extreme in just about every thread he posts in. He also has a bad habit of not sticking around, he just trolls threads and gets his ass out of there. Not to mention the fact that every position he takes on something makes you go

It's really surprising to think that somebody thought "Hey, he's the best candidate for the next moderator..."
Old November 3, 2003, 20:56   #93
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Congrats, Urban Ranger.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:04   #94
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:44
Yeah, actually all the major decisions regarding Apolyton made by the admin have a specific focus on how they will affect Asher. They strive to keep the benefits of some of their decisions balanced with other decisions that negatively affect you.

Old November 3, 2003, 21:07   #95
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Yeah, actually all the major decisions regarding Apolyton made by the admin have a specific focus on how they will affect Asher. They strive to keep the benefits of some of their decisions balanced with other decisions that negatively affect you.

I was thinking more along the lines of this being a joke.

Even more so because Urban Ranger isn't particularly active these days.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:07   #96
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher

Trust me when I say the world doesn't revolve around you.

This has been in the works for a long time... LONG BEFORE the Mac Forum.

As you probably know, the owners don't make big decisions over night... They take their time and look at all the options.

And as far as thinking somebody is picking on you... Believe me when I say that your name NEVER CAME UP ONCE when the decision was being made... Frankly, you aren't that important and don't really matter one bit in the grand scheme of things
Old November 3, 2003, 21:09   #97
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Why the edit, Ming, I quite liked the original version better.

Quote:
Believe me when I say that your name NEVER CAME UP ONCE when the decision was being made...
It is not a topic of discussion if a new moderator has known conflicts with other extremely active posters?
Old November 3, 2003, 21:10   #98
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Trust me when I say the world doesn't revolve around you.

This has been in the works for a long time... LONG BEFORE the Mac Forum.

As you probably know, the owners don't make big decisions over night... They take their time and look at all the options.

And as far as thinking somebody is picking on you... Believe me when I say that your name NEVER CAME UP ONCE when the decision was being made... Frankly, you aren't that important and don't really matter one bit in the grand scheme of things
And yet, you keep responding to him in this thread.........

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 3, 2003, 21:11   #99
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 11:44
If I were being considered for moderatorhood, I'm sure names like "Ned" and "Shi" would come up quite often
Old November 3, 2003, 21:13   #100
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
I put an end to the mac-spam-forum and suddenly a new Moderator is appointed in the off-topic (my main forum) who is notoriously biased against me and constantly fights with me.
And one last thing... If we wanted to get you, why the heck do we need a specific moderator to do it. MtG or myself could do the job without the help of a special mod. And frankly, we could do it far better than any newbee mod.

So again... you are just being paranoid, and over estimating yourself... you just aren't a concern.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:14   #101
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
And one last thing... If we wanted to get you, why the heck do we need a specific moderator to do it. MtG or myself could do the job without the help of a special mod. And frankly, we could do it far better than any newbee mod.

So again... you are just being paranoid, and over estimating yourself... you just aren't a concern.
It came to me that it was entirely more plausible to be a joke of some kind than a serious thing, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Perhaps I'm just over estimating your sense of humour, though.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:16   #102
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
It is not a topic of discussion if a new moderator has known conflicts with other extremely active posters?
Again... you over rate your value... you don't rate being included int he discussion. Nobody cares about you or how people relate to you. You are just another poster.

And Tub... I respond to him in this thread just like anybody else who has posted in it. If he want's to be a paranoid and think the world actually cares about him, I'm going to laugh with the rest of the people
Old November 3, 2003, 21:18   #103
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Again... you over rate your value... you don't rate being included int he discussion. Nobody cares about you or how people relate to you. You are just another poster.
Well if I ran a site I'd look for moderators who don't have ongoing vendettas, but that's just me.

Who am I to question Mark and Dan's actions.

The issue isn't so much that he has issues with me, it's that he's got a hit-and-run troll tactic he uses over and over, he's not that active these days, and he's got pretty extreme positions.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:18   #104
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
It came to me that it was entirely more plausible to be a joke of some kind than a serious thing, for the reasons I've already mentioned.
Feel free to consider it a "joke" based on whatever silly opinions you may have. It's a good thing your opinions don't carry much weight... because the owners don't consider it a joke.

And if by some chance you get "moderated" by UR in the future... remember to laugh about how funny of a joke it is
Old November 3, 2003, 21:19   #105
Tuberski

Quote:
And Tub... I respond to him in this thread just like anybody else who has posted in it. If he want's to be a paranoid and think the world actually cares about him, I'm going to laugh with the rest of the people
Oh, I know, just reading it seemed funny to me......

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 3, 2003, 21:19   #106
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 21:44
I really don't get this obsession with mod appointments.

There was a time when people volunteered for jobs and that's how they ended up being mods. That still probably applies to some extent.

So, make yourself useful if that's what you want.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old November 3, 2003, 21:21   #107
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
And if by some chance you get "moderated" by UR in the future... remember to laugh about how funny of a joke it is
I very much doubt he'd ever moderate me.

On the other hand, it's not like one of his ideals revolves around censorship, right? Oh, wait...
Old November 3, 2003, 21:23   #108
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
There was a time when people volunteered for jobs and that's how they ended up being mods. That still probably applies to some extent.
Let's see... I didn't volunteer... MtG didn't volunteer... Rah didn't volunteer... and UR didn't volunteer...

I do remember MLeonard volunteering to help the site, and ended up being a mod... but frankly, I don't remember people who volunteered to be mods ever being appointed as one

Your memory is getting as bad as your trolling AH.
Old November 3, 2003, 21:26   #109
Alexander's Horse
Deity

You volunteered to do lots of things Ming. You were very helpful to Dan and Mark when the site was starting.

Old November 3, 2003, 21:31   #110
Ming
lifer
Retired

Uhhh... what are you smoking AH... I never volunteered to do anything at this site. If you will remember, MarkG and I went at it when they were going to relegate the Civ II MP forum to the Game League forum. We were on totally different sides of that one.

Unlike other people, I was not a staff member, or ever did ANYTHING on the site until they asked me to be a mod. It was not something I ever asked for.

The only thing I ever did was try to get a bunch of the old posters from the addicted site to post at the Greek Site when addicted was "closed".
Old November 3, 2003, 21:46   #111
Alexander's Horse
Deity

okay well - I stand corrected - you never did anything for this site then

Old November 3, 2003, 21:51   #112
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
okay well - I stand corrected

You are also incorrect on your "mod volunteer statement"... are you going to admit you stand corrected on that as well
Old November 3, 2003, 21:55   #113
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Would you two quit spamming my thread please.

Children...

Old November 3, 2003, 22:02   #114
Ming
lifer
Retired

Why... it's more fun then listening to your conspiracy theory's on how we are out to get you
Old November 3, 2003, 22:02   #115
Alexander's Horse
Deity

No problem Ming - your secret is safe with me.

Old November 3, 2003, 22:11   #116
Tuberski

Quote:
Why... it's more fun then listening to your conspiracy theory's on how we are out to get you
I LIKE the conspiracy theory.

ACK!
Old November 3, 2003, 22:13   #117
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

The only question of any import is:

ARE YOU NOW, OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN, A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY?
Old November 3, 2003, 22:15   #118
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 03:44
Quote:

If it was, we'd just ban your ass for the hell of it (not like you don't troll enough) and be done with it.

Quote:
Yes, the world and this site revolve around you. Actually, you're just deeging your own grave, señor.

Quote:
It's really surprising to think that somebody thought "Hey, he's the best candidate for the next moderator..."
Glad we can keep you on your toesies.
Old November 3, 2003, 22:17   #119
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
I sure as will.
Old November 3, 2003, 22:17   #120
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto
The only question of any import is:

ARE YOU NOW, OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN, A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY?
I take it you've never read his location field?