Old November 3, 2003, 22:24   #121
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 05:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We've seen changes from "X and Y Forum Moderator" and "X Forum Moderator" to "1337 Moderator", "Super Moderator", "Assistant Moderator"...

the owners just cleaning up, or is a change being made to the moderatorship hierarchy? New levels being added in?
Old November 3, 2003, 22:29   #122
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:44
BTW, I don't think UR has banning privileges yet, Asher. He just has the power to lock every thread you start and delete every post you make.
Old November 3, 2003, 23:24   #123
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:44
Congratulations Urban Ranger
Old November 3, 2003, 23:28   #124
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Well if I ran a site I'd look for moderators who don't have ongoing vendettas, but that's just me.
The only poster here who has any ongoing vendettas is you.

Did you not quoted a post you made in Counterglow in which you stated the reason for destroying the Mac forum is for revenge?

Consider that you continually flaming and flame-baiting the Mac people, I found your accusation of me being biased is highly hypocritical.

One last thing. Don't flatter yourself. You are not important enough for me to hold a grudge against.
Old November 3, 2003, 23:40   #125
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 13:44
Re: You have GOT to be kidding me
Quote:
Urban Ranger is a MODERATOR of off-topic?
Good, at least now I know who not to obey.
Old November 3, 2003, 23:41   #126
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
The only poster here who has any ongoing vendettas is you.

Did you not quoted a post you made in Counterglow in which you stated the reason for destroying the Mac forum is for revenge?
[aside]Should moderators be able to pass a Grade 12 English exam before having any power?[/aside]

Quote:
Consider that you continually flaming and flame-baiting the Mac people, I found your accusation of me being biased is highly hypocritical.
I've never claimed myself to be unbiased, though, so I don't see your point.

Of course I am biased.

Quote:
One last thing. Don't flatter yourself. You are not important enough for me to hold a grudge against.
Of course not, it's just a pure coincidence that whenever you post something you call me "Glonkie" and always take issue with what I say.
Old November 3, 2003, 23:46   #127
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 21:44
Modding would appeal to those who in real life are "important title deprived" I imagine.

I particularly like the "super moderator" title in that respect.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old November 3, 2003, 23:48   #128
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Now, banning someone for something they did on ANOTHER SITE is a bit extreme, don't you think?
Old November 3, 2003, 23:51   #129
Alexander's Horse
Deity

extreme is the trend

Old November 3, 2003, 23:53   #130
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:44
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Now, banning someone for something they did on ANOTHER SITE is a bit extreme, don't you think?
And was he banned for all the childish stuff he posted over there.... no... But that doesn't mean that people didn't see it
Old November 3, 2003, 23:55   #131
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
And was he banned for all the childish stuff he posted over there.... no... But that doesn't mean that people didn't see it
What do you think the point was in posting it on a different site.

Though it is interesting Urban Ranger has implied that this has something to do with his moderation on this site.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:00   #132
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Though it is interesting Urban Ranger has implied that this has something to do with his moderation on this site.
Hmmm... he implied no such thing. He was using it as a support point, nothing more. You are the one that's trying to see things that aren't there

As he states... you aren't important enought to effect decisions being made here.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:07   #133
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Hmmm... he implied no such thing. He was using it as a support point, nothing more. You are the one that's trying to see things that aren't there
I dunno, I don't see the point in him bringing it up. Of course the Mac forum thing was a form of revenge, the main proponents of that forum got away with rampant insults against my SO with no recourse for the moderators, so I felt it was fair enough.

Quote:
As he states... you aren't important enought to effect decisions being made here.
You've said that a hundred times now and I'm not arguing that, please get with the times and differentiate between effect and affect while you're at it.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:11   #134
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Asher...give it up.

Or, better yet, YES, there IS a huge international conspiracy dedicated to keeping you off Apolyton. Every Mac has a hidden fee added onto its price (that's why they're so damn expensive) that goes to kickbacks for Markos and Dan to piss you off. They intentionally ignore the Mac forum until you make it an issue (that I only barely understand the logic behind you sometimes) and then they make UR a mod to keep you out of the OT as well. And it's not just Dan and Mark. It's everyone. We all recieve huge paychecks every time we exclude you and demonise you, Asher.

And that's not all! The broadcasting networks are paid to encode subliminal "Asher sucks" messages in every television show and song on the radio. You know that static you get on the radio? Play it backwards, and it's saying "Asher sucks, Asher sucks, Asher sucks, Asher sucks"...

But that's just the start of it. The government--the US Gov. and its Canadian branch both--send out mind-control waves through huge "thought towers" (disguised as cell phone towers) that tell people "Macs are great, PCs suck, Asher does too".

If this wasn't enough, read between the lines! A vast Illuminati plot, kept alive from the 15th century to this day by government officials who dislike Asher (and his previous incarnations apparently), dictates that in EVERY SINGLE TRANSMISSION OF THOUGHT there exists a hard-coded Asher dislike frequency to be broadcast. When you're only thinking, this signal is radioed out to thousands within the range of it...a new chip for its transmission is implanted into every newborn baby by the FBI. The chips are supplied by aliens, who also hate you.

Asher, the whole world is out to get you. Your best chance is to cook up inane nutcase conspiracy theories about it, before it's too late and one night while you're jacking off to your Pentium 4 EXTREME Edition, you're silently vaporised by Big Brother. (Who also uses a Macintosh. Your ass is screwed as firmly as it could be.)

Old November 4, 2003, 00:14   #135
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Holy hell, it was a joke to begin with and at first people took it seriously and now people are trying very hard to make long, bad jokes about it some time after.

Give it up already.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:16   #136
mrmitchell
King

Oh no! They've already gotten to you! Now you're starting to delude yourself into thinking there is no conspiracy, while in fact there is the biggest one to have ever been dedicated solely to making the life of one person miserable.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:25   #137
Alexander's Horse
Deity

I've pretty much had a problem with everyone on the site but I can't remember any differences with UR......

Asher otoh......

Old November 4, 2003, 00:28   #138
Tuberski

Quote:
Holy hell, it was a joke to begin with and at first people took it seriously and now people are trying very hard to make long, bad jokes about it some time after.

Give it up already.
NO!!!!! YOU'RE THE JOKE!!!!

Is that better, I forgot to dog on ya.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 4, 2003, 00:38   #139
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Thread closed.
Old November 4, 2003, 00:45   #140
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Well? You have the power don't you?

Old November 4, 2003, 01:06   #141
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

If this were a political site then I would run from this announcement, but after some thought I can't really recall a time UR was blatantly unfair. Fairness in enforcing the rules is the guage of a good moderator afterall. Good Luck UR. I don't usually agree with your politics but I'm behind ya in your new endeavor!!

Way behind you.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old November 4, 2003, 01:16   #142
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO

I can't really recall a time UR was blatantly unfair.
Why did they make him a mod then?

Old November 4, 2003, 02:19   #143
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
And as far as Imran goes... he has also had run in's with people on this site before... so why do you hold UR to different standards.
'Cause I'm sexier

--

Anyway, I consider this a very suprising appointment as well. UR would not be on the top of the list of people I'd think would be mod. For one, I expected a European who is nicer ... like Spiffor, Stefu, or Drogue or someone like that.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 4, 2003, 03:17   #144
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 11:44
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
We all recieve huge paychecks every time we exclude you and demonise you, Asher.
Really?

Asher, you suck.
In other news, I really think we should all have our own forum. Except Asher. He sucks

*Eagerly awaits his paycheck*
Old November 4, 2003, 03:19   #145
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Quote:
I still question the motives behind it.

It seems like a counter-strike for the Mac forum thing.

I put an end to the mac-spam-forum and suddenly a new Moderator is appointed in the off-topic (my main forum) who is notoriously biased against me and constantly fights with me.
Contrary to everything you've heard, it was me, Asher. Y'know, you're always supposed to watch out for the "quiet" ones — me. While you were busy with the more outspoken Macintosh users, I was working in the background, bringing to bear my strongest weapon: the media.

I have contacts throughout the media world. My friends are everywhere, from newspapers to radio stations to television to the Internet. They heard my cry for vengeance (and the fact that they owed me a few favors), and brought to bear their own influence, adding it to my own.

Thus, UR was appointed assistant moderator of 'Poly's OTF. You have learned your lesson the hard way, Asher.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE MEDIA.

Gatekeeper

(OK, do I really need a for this?)

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old November 4, 2003, 04:47   #146
Alexander's Horse
Deity

I've never understood why Asher likes to set himself up for public floggings.

Old November 4, 2003, 04:47   #147
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I must say that I am really surprised to see UR a mod

I feel that a very obvious candidate was looked over, namely ME

I mean, with all the time I have spent in Mingapulco under the tutelege of Ming, I thought I was ready to be promoted to the big time

well, I guess maybe I need a bit more expereince

Jon Miller
Old November 4, 2003, 04:50   #148
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Yes.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old November 4, 2003, 08:32   #149
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 08:44
I'd have to say that, while I don't think that the staff have made a bad choice, I too expected to see an European moderator, someone like Spiffor.
Old November 4, 2003, 09:39   #150
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

A good morning read. Thanks all.