Old November 4, 2003, 14:36   #31
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 08:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Chill, dude. It's cool.

I tried to make nice and wished you well with your purchase. No need to be so defensive.
Only reason I get defensive is because before every purchase I do research on the product. I put a lot of time into that... because I have learned the hard way. I have purchased bad products before and now I know.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 4, 2003, 14:39   #32
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 06:46
@starchild&fez
Old November 4, 2003, 14:40   #33
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Q Cubed
@starchild&fez
I have to get to class right now to take an exam for poli sci...

But I'll make one last statement here: I am not his pawn and I am not to be told what to buy because he thinks it would better.

Talk to you all later.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old November 4, 2003, 14:42   #34
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

See, you didn't mention your research in your original post, Fez. I was really only trying to help. OK, and have a little fun, too.

Sorry if it came off as critical. That wasn't my intent.

Let us know how you like them once you've got them set up.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old November 4, 2003, 15:34   #35
Giancarlo
King

Damn class... the class was cancelled... and damn it... I studied and everything... that test was a big one too...

Checking the tracking number, I should get these speakers today. Not having my computer yet, I will just plug them into my TV.
Old November 4, 2003, 15:50   #36
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 07:46
Forget about the cancelled class, you should cancel the speaker order.
Old November 4, 2003, 15:51   #37
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
Forget about the cancelled class, you should cancel the speaker order.
The hell with you.
Old November 4, 2003, 15:54   #38
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:46
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
@ Fez.

Not my pawn? You're not really much of anything to me actually.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old November 4, 2003, 15:54   #39
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild
@ Fez.

Not my pawn? You're not really much of anything to me actually.
You always appeared arrogant to me, starchild. One arrogant person. I don't even like you..
Old November 4, 2003, 16:02   #40
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:46
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
You don't like me? Trying to care...trying to care...failing to care....not caring.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old November 4, 2003, 16:05   #41
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild
You don't like me? Trying to care...trying to care...failing to care....not caring.
Good for you. I don't give a **** about you either.

And you think you are stylish or whatever... ha... that I doubt.
Old November 4, 2003, 16:05   #42
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 11:46
Presumably you'll link those up to your PC.. what soundcard are you going to use. Nice speakers
Old November 4, 2003, 16:06   #43
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Whaleboy
Presumably you'll link those up to your PC.. what soundcard are you going to use. Nice speakers
Soundblaster Audigy 1.

Good enough for all purposes. I should go with something a tad newer... but still a good soundcard.
Old November 4, 2003, 16:09   #44
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Ah! Same as my old box. Make sure you use a new driver, the one I used was a sod.
Old November 4, 2003, 16:10   #45
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Whaleboy
Ah! Same as my old box. Make sure you use a new driver, the one I used was a sod.
Oh I am going to have to do a lot of driver updates once I get my computer connected... it has been disconnected for like four months... I got the hard drive with me right now... sitting in my room with some bubble wrap.
Old November 4, 2003, 17:01   #46
Alex
Emperor

Why is it that when I asked what is Fez's soundcard he didn't answer me, but he answered when Whaleboy asked the same question? I feel outraged and humiliated...

Old November 4, 2003, 17:15   #47
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 07:46
Quote:
Originally posted by rah
Does that make him a trisexual?
Stereosexual?
Old November 4, 2003, 17:32   #48
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
Why is it that when I asked what is Fez's soundcard he didn't answer me, but he answered when Whaleboy asked the same question? I feel outraged and humiliated...

I am sorry man... I didn't see the post... mere oversight... if I saw it I would of answered. No harm in not doing so.
Old November 4, 2003, 17:44   #49
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorizael

Stereosexual?
I almost used that one, but discarded it because it didn't quite roll off the tongue properly.
Old November 4, 2003, 20:08   #50
Alex
Emperor

no problems, Fez... notice the smilie...
Old November 4, 2003, 21:21   #51
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Re: Hot new sexy speakers I ordered
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

$70 USD plus $16 shipping handling/CA 8.25% tax.

• 5.1 Dolby Digital Ready PC Home Theater System
135 Watts RMS of Total Power Output
• 5 Triple Speaker-Design and one Super Bass Subwoofer
• One speaker can aim in three different directions
• Anti-magnetic
• Independent controls
• Separate two channel stereo input for VCR or stereo television

http://www.justerusa.com/juster/dht-630.html

I'll probably have to get my hearing tested after a few weeks...
Whew...for a second, I thought you had bought these with the intentions of using it as a home theater system, and not with your PC.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:23   #52
Giancarlo
King

They did work on my TV and the sound is great... I put on a waterfall CD I have to relax stress and it sounds freaking amazing.

But once I get my computer they are getting transferred, as my computer has a better sound system than my 13" television.

I got them yesturday and they are just amazing.. they sound amazing and they look amazing.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:28   #53
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:46
So.. did the cops already show up?
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:57   #54
Giancarlo
King

No... people play music all the time in that building anyways...
Old November 5, 2003, 18:04   #55
Pekka
Emperor

No cops? How about Indians?
Old November 5, 2003, 18:07   #56
Giancarlo
King

WTF?
Old November 5, 2003, 18:29   #57
Pekka
Emperor

well I thought the whole Village People should have being banging on your backdoor. You obviously didn't remember what I said about cops earlier .
Old November 5, 2003, 18:32   #58
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
So.. did the cops already show up?
Old November 5, 2003, 18:37   #59
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
well I thought the whole Village People should have being banging on your backdoor. You obviously didn't remember what I said about cops earlier .
Don't go there.
Old November 5, 2003, 18:39   #60
Pekka
Emperor

No I'm not going there. The cops are. Just hope that they are not on their riot gear.. bigger batons..