Old April 12, 2000, 09:53   #61
Rasputin00

The Great Raz has spoken to his cartogrophers and will post an updated map of the extent of the FUC alliances land borders as soon as possible.

As I stated above, if a FUC member allows foreigners onto his soil, then that is fine, but if any FUC member requires solitude then that must be repsected too, and we will up hold there rights to this. As Romans have made no posts re problems with northern Roman land being shared by Texans then this is tantamount to agreement, However any further Texan land grabs at FUC land will be frowned upon. The Roman people need room to expand and their appears ample space for them if current borders are kept. Sioux homeland is full of two other nations so sioux people require space that has been allotted to them by the FUC, any trespass into future Sioux territory will displease us.

Once again we reiterate our stance that we shall not cross the Border between Texas and Finbarville unless we are provoked by others...

Let peace rule and hope all attend peace agreemnt signing....

Old April 12, 2000, 14:00   #62
Matthew
Prince

Local Time: 23:01
Local Date: October 30, 2010
For many Centuries was Rome plagued with backwardsness and distress due to the presence on our continent of evil barbarians. But through the grace of the magnificent Sioux we have grown mightily these past years. Our generous allies offered us all techs they understood, but great
caesar in wisdom declined much of the knowledge. Too much knowledge too quickly can cause the minds of wisemen to grow stagnant. Therefore we declined this knowledge for the time being to keep our wiemen productive. And we. even in our ignorance, have already contributed somewhat to the body of knowledge shared by our great alliance.

But it seems that a new threat has come upon the Roman people. In a recent time our allies exchanged maps with us, which revealed two Fountina cities upon our land to the north. Rather than act out of fear and suspicion, however, we sought peace with the Fountinians, and to set in stone our border. Our last act was to make a jesture of peace to the Fountinians, welcoming them to the Roman continent. For although the Fountinians had continents of their own, we fealt that we could live in peace with them on our homeland. However, further expansion on Roman lands would cause us disadvantage. We now see that Empress has given one of her cities to Texas. This does not distress us, as we wish to live also in peace with Texas. What does distress us is that the texans have now laid claim to more of our land, in spite of having vast regions open to them on their own continent which they also claim. Were it not for the evil barbarians all of the land of Rome would already be settled. We have no problem with Texas expanding further upon the continent of Rome, but only if Texas also agrees to give an equal ammount of land to Rome on the continent of Texas.

Rome did not seek hostility towards Texas in joining the Naciones Federailzados Unidos. Only friendship and help. For this great organization is about peace, not war. Had we desired war, and sought the destruction of Texas, then Empress would now also be a member of our alliance. But in wisdom, to avoid such an imbalance that would inevitibly lead to war we declined her request for membership, but asked for friendship. And how does texas repay us? By breathing out threats. But alas, no harm is yet done. Rome will respect the right of the former Empress city "of the Moon" (we know not what it is now called, and it baffles us that the city exchange took place without our knowledge) provided that Texas expands no further upon our lands, or offers lteir lands in exchange of what they take.
Old April 12, 2000, 16:14   #63
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:01
For the record, the city in question Arlington, was constructed with a Texan settler in conjunction with an exploration effort that was launched before I had any contact with Empress. Only after exchanging maps with Empress did I learn that I was on the coninent of Northern Rome.

I take it that from the comments made by the Romans that they accept the graphical boarders in the map above. Expansion beyond that area will not occur, despite the fact that the territory is clearly raw, still filled with huts.
Old April 12, 2000, 17:16   #64
Matthew
Prince

There seems yet to be a minor misunderstanding as to the Roman position. Understanding that settlers from the great civilizations of Texas and Fountina settled in ignorance on the Roman homeland, Rome respects the rights of all citizens in those cities already built to work the land wiiithin their city radius. And in the interrest of peace, and in order that the citizens of the cities in question not be caught up in the wiles of international politics, but may continue to live out their lives in peace, Rome will not complicate matters by asking for lands in compensation for what was taken in innocence and ignorance. However, understand, the continent in question is Roman land, and we lay claim to all land in question not yet within the city radius of forign cities. As for the unopened huts, Rome has experienced enough trouble in settling the land in question with barbarians, and huts have not heretofore been good to Rome. We do not desire to further slow the process of settling by inciting more barbarian uprisings. But even now there is a Roman settler within the borders of land claimed by Texas.

As for lands north of Arlington, that may be negotiable, but we ask in peace that neither Texas nor Fountina, who have so much land elsewhere, settle further upon Roman lands. Open no goody huts on plains or grassland, and if you open goody huts elsewhere, do so only in the event that you have sufficient military units on hand to destroy any barbarians that appear from the huts. Note also that Rome is morally obligated to share this continent with her great ally, the Sioux, who are mightily crouded in their own homeland. We therefore can afford little more by way of territorial consessions to the great civilizations of Texas and Fountina.

All Rome expresses deep gratitude for the support in this matter that has been expressed by her allies.
Old April 12, 2000, 17:41   #65
Frank Johnson
King

Why did you not raise these concearns when my map was first published? The remaining settlers from my expedition should be allowed to complete settlements in the designated area.

Roman claims to have a settler in lands currently claimed by Texas is an outright lie. If this were true I would have made contact and withdrew, the fact is no Roman settlement exists west of Veii in North Rome, and while roman settlers may exist west of there, they have no made contact with my frontal scouts, indicating that the settler cannot be in Texan claimed area.

You are bound by your prior silence, even the founder of your FUC has stated that such issues cannot legitimately be made at this late date.

Despite the fact that you are lying about having a settler in land claimed by me, I will not hold that against you, and will only settle in areas priorly claimed. I can assure you, by the time we meet the settlement will already be established, since I am confedant your claim is false.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Frank Johnson (edited April 12, 2000).]</font>
Old April 12, 2000, 19:47   #66
Matthew
Prince

As to why I have raised no issues earlier, in another world Caesar is also a husband, a father of 3, and a graduate student. in short, I have been well occupied thelast few days
The settler in question has been long built, but was delayed by barbarians, and is on the fringe of territory youclaim.

It is a huge tract of Roman land you lay claim to. Rome is being more than reasonable in aquiescing to the city you have already built. If you so desire to settle more Roman lands, it is negotiable only in exchange for an equal ammount of territory currently claimed by Texas. Note the term negotiable. This does not mean to be negotiated after Texas has taken more Roman land. That means we negotiate first, and if the land you offer, (and you do have much that you claim that remains unsettled I see) is suitable, I may agree.

As to the exact location of the settler, errors in the Roman GPS system not withstanding, (I don't have a saved game file) the land you claim is unquestionably on the Roman continent. You obviously didn't know this when you built your settler, but you do now. You obviously have 2 options availible to maintain good will between our Civilizations.

1. Negotiate with Rome as to the place you wish to build a new city on Roman lands, in exchange for a parcel of equal quality of the vast tracts claimed, but as of yet unsettled by Texas. Rome will not agree to any new Texan city cite which significantly blocks Roman expansion into the rest of Roman territory.

2. put the settler on a boat, and sail him to some of that unsettled land on the Texan homeland.

Note again that the land in question is far closer to Veii, (recently renamed in commemoration of our great ally, the Sioux) the oldest current city of Rome, than it is to the center of Texan civilization. Who would not agree that the territory in question is much more naturally a part of Rome? If Texas does not wish to be inconvinienced in having to ship his settler elsewhere, the answer is simple: negotiate. but be prepared to be reasonable.

[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 12, 2000).]
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 12, 2000).]</font>
Old April 12, 2000, 21:03   #67
Frank Johnson
King

OK, I'll let this one get away then, but remember that a nation of such power of the Texans will not bend like this in the future. The poor Romans hit me with their sob story and I will accept it THIS TIME. Rome is a mere regional power now but in the future its lands give it the potiental to be much more, and it is only by my grace that I allow them to settle the river area which I could easily take first, and I have claimed since last saturday.

I am willing to bet I could have easily beaten your settler to the location I had planned, since your settler is not in Texan claimed territory.

In exchange for this, you will make no attempt to stop a futher Texan city, north of Arlington. This seems like a very fair agreement, for allowing you to settle a prime area which I could easily take for myself in exchange for an area which Empress truely had more claim to than Rome ever did.

The "what if" of Rome without barbarians cannot be accepted as a valid negoiating point. Roman lands are amongst the most fertile and lush in the world, containing many grasslands and rivers. It was only natural for both Empress and I to seek new lands after starting on cold, forested terrians. Rome, with merely the territory it now holds has the greatest potiental of any of the known homelands.

Texas has given its full dole of charity to the FUC. I have gave, and gave, and gave to you. Be thankful and glad, but grow not used to it. Texas shall defend with greater zeal, the smaller territory it now will inhabit.

This should offically end the "bailout" of Rome. Whatever fate befalls Rome now, it will not be because we did not help them........
Old April 12, 2000, 21:26   #68
Frank Johnson
King

I would like to call your attention to the revised map now in the post at the top of the page. I believe it will be acceptable to all parties.

It allows the Romans the settlement of the prime river location they desire. In exchange I will be allowed a city location north-east of Arlington (marked in red)

It also grants Empress territory on the West Point Penisula.

(Note that you may have to manually order the image to reload, by right clicking and viewing it at the sources as I did, if your browser has cached the old image)
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Frank Johnson (edited April 12, 2000).]</font>
Old April 12, 2000, 21:56   #69
Frank Johnson
King

Matt will post in a few hours as he is currently in a game, and the forum slows it down too much. Thats what he informed me.
Old April 12, 2000, 22:17   #70
Empress
The Empress

The Empress wishes to express her gratitude towards the granting of land by the Great Texan Nation and by the Romans. Truely, I did not know of your land before I settled, nor did I meet the Texans until later. Empress wishes for world peace and thinks the new borders drawn by the Texans to be quite fair and reasonable, and hopes the FUC will agree...

Goddess Empress
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Empress (edited April 12, 2000).]</font>
Old April 13, 2000, 00:43   #71
Matthew
Prince

Great Caesar recognises the magnanimity of the Texans. We realize that Texas has conceeded much, and withdraw our demand for land in the Texan homeland in return for additional city that Texas wishes to build in Northern Rome. We indeed welcome the additional Texan city on our continent. We recognise the new border proposed by Texas as just and eternal. We also recognize the deep religious ties that must surely bind our peoples together, for do not all Texans rejoice in the construction of an edifice to worship one born within the Roman Empire? Long may we share this land in peace and prosperity.
Rome will also unilateraly, in the interrest of peace, and as a token of trust to the peaceful Texan people, swear, as long as Rome be in a state of peace, to never position more than 1 double movement land unit in either cities Rome intends to build in the region ceeded to Rome.
Old April 13, 2000, 07:10   #72
iadkins

And where the hell are the Spanish in all this!! Visaggio, come in! Are you real? No one seems to have found you... Clay-Pigeon subbed for you in the last session, so maybe he could post? He said things were a bit grim

FRoTTR is a lousy acronym for the Texans!

How about:

Fiery And Robust Texan Aggressors

A little easier to remember

------------------
*THE DEITY*

Old April 13, 2000, 08:48   #73
Rasputin00

Here is the bordersas stated by FUC..

Note
1. Any inacurracy along borders og Empress/ Texas territry is due to lack of staleeites

2. The Roman/ Texan/ Empress agreemnt of borders is included.

3. Unknown wherabout sof mysterious Yellow men is marked in suspected location.

4. There is no border between Diety and Spanish as Spanish have not been met to discuss borders yet.

5. Final extent of Sioux state in Roman lands is to be agreed between Roman leader and sioux laeader, to be reitfied at next meeting of FUC at VeiiLovesSiuoux

6. As can be seen from this view of whole world, Empress's Empire of green is probalby laregest followed by Texan. The unknown Spanish appear to have large area to lay claim to. The MMad monks and Deitians appear to have shared their lack of spoace well with almost equal size kingdoms , but smaller than land area of Empress or Texan leader. A good area of land is avaialble for Romans too. The poor Sioux obviuously need more room to expand

Old April 13, 2000, 08:50   #74
Rasputin00

damn typos .. that should read Satellites !!!! :0

Old April 13, 2000, 09:30   #75
hydey

It appears maybe to Sioux have been shafted in regards to land serve us right for helping another in need

------------------
hooray hooray its a Hydey Hydey day

Old April 13, 2000, 13:48   #76
Jedi518
Warlord

This game looks like a whole lot of fun, let me know when a new one starts up, im definately interested!!
Old April 13, 2000, 14:53   #77
CapTVK
Civilization II MultiplayerPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
King

Jedi518,
Easy, just say you would like to become a sub. Your bound to join the game sooner or later. Take a look in the Diplogame FAQ, most but not all questions are answered there (yet).

The FAQ has drifted off the first page I've noted, watch for an update this weekend. I try to update the FAQ every 1-2 week to keep it up the first page.

P.S to all players
With land becoming scarce I see signs of some serious nation building going on, keep it up!
Old April 13, 2000, 18:09   #78
Empress
The Empress

Good Roman Friends, do you really wish to build in the swamp land west of Dark Side,Of the Moon? I have a settler on the way to settle the boggy, bug infested place.

Goddess Empress
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Empress (edited April 13, 2000).]</font>
Old April 14, 2000, 00:38   #79
Matthew
Prince

Great Sioux leader:

Rome has not forgotten your generosity in our time of need. The land demarcated as yours upon the Roman continent will always be respected by Rome as yours by right. We also invite you to build a city north of VeiluvstheSioux, between that city and the previously disputed territory, albeit not within the ceeded lands, as that could cause distress for our friends the Texans, who may not want a second forign power on that border. Please discuss the exact site with the Roman Bureau of Land Management, when the bureau opens for business this Saturday night.

An additional land grant is pending.
Old April 14, 2000, 10:28   #80
Matthew
Prince

Rome appreciates the sensitivity of the great Empress in not bringing up this issue during the earlier negotiations with Texas.

However, surely Empress understands that Rome is morally obligated to share some of her now designated lands with her eternal ally, the Sioux, and the Roman homeland already grows crowded with cities from 3 other civilizations on Roman soil. However, We realize that the settlers headed for the area in question have sacrificed much already in preparation to establish for themselves a new home. In their interrest Rome is willing to negotiate. We offer the following propositions.

1. If the empress wishes to build a boat to speed the settlers on their way to as of yet unoccupied land in the vast realm of Fountina Rome is prepared to help carry the burden of such an endeavor. Rome will pay 50 gold over the next 10 time periods, known in the Roman toungue as "turns", to help reimburse Fountina for the costs incurred in constructing the needed vessel. Quicker reimbursement is not feasible, as Rome continues, for the time being, to be a poor nation.

2. Roman settlers are hardy individuals who never look upon the realities of a harsh present, but only upon the possibilities of the future, and the blessings that hard work today may bring upon their great great grand children. The mentioned swampland has much potential, and Roman settlers are eager to tame such a harsh land. However, If Empress sees fit to exchange an equal portion of her vast realm, believed by cartographers to be the largest in the world, in exchange for that which she wishes of Rome, Rome is agreeable to negotiantions. Such a parcel need have the same potential as the land in question, although it needn't be in better current condition, with the exeption of shield resources, as such a city would be somewhat isolated from other Roman cities, and therefore less able to recieve provision from Rome. We also prefer a coastal location. The exact details, should you be agreeable, must await to be worked out until the RBLM opens for business this Saturday night.

3. If for whatever reason Fountina prefers not to have a Roman city on her home continent, although we would be sadened by this, as we hope to long live in friendship with Fountina, she may instead, in exchange for the land in question, give such a parcel of her homeland to the Sioux, although in this case Rome must insist that the parcel given to the Sioux be of much higher quality than that which Rome would accept for herself, for we have obligations to our ally, and will not consign them to swampland.

Of these propositions Rome prefers the first, but is also agreeable to negotiation on the second and third.
Old April 14, 2000, 18:46   #81
Jedi518
Warlord

Id love to sub for one of you guys whenever im free
Old April 14, 2000, 19:07   #82
Empress
The Empress

After much consideration, the Empress has decreed that the settlers will not settle further on Roman soil and that the Romans have faced enough hardship and need not bother to repay the Empress for her trouble, although the Roman gesture of good will is appreciated. May our friendship continue to grow...

Goddess Empress

------------------
Apolyton Empress
My first Web Page
Old April 14, 2000, 19:14   #83
Empress
The Empress

Jedi, I may need you to rule Fountainia tomorrow as I will be gone touring malls in other lands, serching for new clothing to suit an Empress and if you have a wife or girlfriend, you know how shopping can go... Therefore, I may not be able to join the game unitl later tomorrow evening. If this pleases you, contact me tonight (friday) Or if any other wishes to take take the throne for a bit tomorrow let me know. My goals are simple: colonize and improve existing lands, research many new technologies, and remain loyal to the Illustrious Counsel Dangime of the Texans.
Old April 14, 2000, 19:18   #84
Jedi518
Warlord

I know i have u on icq, but you dont seem to be on...i think i can sub for u tomorrow, what time?
Old April 14, 2000, 19:47   #85
Matthew
Prince

Other nations have lost lands and lives to Barbarians, but tousands of years ago Rome had the misfortune of knowing in their fullness the true horrors of war, when our entire civilization, in it's infancy, was threatened with destruction by the red hoard. Indeed one third of all Roman lives were lost in the battle of Veii, and many survivors were subject to barbarian rule until their deliverance at the hands of the blessed Sioux. Even our fair capital was destroyed. Thus, perhaps more than any other nation ROME KNOWS THE HORRORS OF WAR !!! We pray that no nation will have to face the horrors Rome has known.

In wisdom the Federacion de Civilizaciones Unidas, as it is known in the Roman tongue, turned down Fountina's pettition of membership. No slight was meant by this. Rather it was a decision made to avoid War. Surely Texas, living eternally in the face of such a power block, would have been driven by paranoia to prepare for war, as would have any other nation under similar circumstances. Due to the wisdom of the decision, however, the world remains at peace.

But Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, even the great Augustus, looks to the future with concern. How long, with the world so polarized, can misunderstanding be avoided? How long before nations driven with paranoia decide on war as a better course of action than what they see as certain destruction at the hands of others, and drag all other nations into the conflict with them? Rome remains faithful to her allies, and would never abandon them in battle, but the prospect of war, in both losing our fellow countrymen and in taking the lives of others, fills us with revulsion.

Shall we not head off forever the possibilty off such a destruction? Shall we not rather strive to live in a world in which it will be said, 7 civilized nations there are, and never once did one nationtake the life of a citizen of the other?

My friends and allies of the FCU, true it is that the FCU is too small for 5 nations, but is our grand alliance not big enough for 7? 7 nations living together for ever in peace and harmony, governed by agreed upon international law, never once taking arms up against another. This is the Roman dream. I propose that we invite Texas and Fountina to join the alliance, and that explorers be dispatched in haste in search of the rumored and mythical civilization of the Spanish, that, should they really exist, they might also join the enlightened world.
Old April 14, 2000, 20:02   #86
Frank Johnson
King

Having fairly reliable maps of the Roman, Fountanian, and my own civilization, I took it upon myself to break down our territory by type.

I believe that what you will see will amaze you.

Texas: 46 Grasslands, in Rome 14
63 plains, in Rome 1
63 Forest, in Rome 7
11 hills, in Rome 0
6 Mountains, in Rome 0
9 Tundra, in Rome 0
13 Jungle, in Rome 4
20 Swamp, in Rome 1
2 Glacier, in Rome 0

260 squares controled by Texas. (23% grassland)

Fontainia: 58 Grassland
42 Plains
78 Forest
30 Swamp
12 Hills
3 Tundra
3 Mountains
3 Glacier
5 Jungle
1 Desert

235 Squares controled by Fountainans (25% Grassland)

Rome: 110 Grasslands
12 Plains
63 Forest
22 Jungles
20 Hills
2 Mountains
7 Swamps
2 tundra
0 Glacier

238 Squares controled by Rome (47% Grassland!)

I did not count squares claimed by the purples on Rome.

Quite interesting, not only is Rome comprable in size to both Texas and Fountainia, it's land is considerably more fertile. I don't think Rome has any right to whine about land now, as they are one of the world's smaller powers. I bet the 3 FUC nations on the other contient are drewling looking at these figures. And notice, how great a portion of my grasslands were only obtained by looking overseas in Rome? The effect is only more dramatic for empress I assure you.

So maybe its Rome's turn to start being nice, and stop bickering over a few swamps it wants to claim for its self.

Texas, despite being on considerably less fertile terrian, has donated between 5-7% percent of its territory to foreign powers that aren't always all that nice to Texas!

So how about it Rome? Can you back up your hording of the world most fertile lands?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Frank Johnson (edited April 14, 2000).]</font>
Old April 14, 2000, 20:16   #87
hydey

The mighty sioux wish to point out that the eternal allience with the Romans formed through many great and heroic deeds of the past will survive all tests and if the Romans find they have some spare land they may look towards the sioux people to make good use of those lands without fear of futore tyranies, which may occur with others

------------------
hooray hooray its a Hydey Hydey day

Old April 14, 2000, 20:18   #88
Matthew
Prince

Hoard all the world's grassland? by your own survey you show that Texas has a considerable ammount of grassland, though not so blessed as Rome in this respect. Are we hoarders simply because we do not wish to become a minority on our own homeland? And as for hoarding land, did not Rome offer to give your great and noble ally the land in question in return for nothing for Rome herself, but in exchange for land for the Sioux? Of all the known world there is no nation more in need of land than the Sioux, and of all our great allies, true friends that they may be, none have done as much for Rome as have the Sioux. Are we not therefore obligated to grant land to the Sioux? And we shall. We must not give away so much land to others that we have nothing left for the Sioux.

The leader of Texas seems to us a noble one. We thought that complaints about land were over between us with the last agreement concerning our borders. We know not why he seems so disinclined towards more cordial relations with the Romans. True, he did concede much of his demands in earlier negotiations. But so did Rome. We hoped that the matter had been resolved. No one will benefit from hard feelings between our two nations, especially as it is the hope of Rome to one day be united with the noble Roman people in a world wide alliance that will assure peace and prosperity to the world for all of time.

Texas accuses Caesar of Whining and seeking pity. We shall not fault him for this, for it is easy to see how misunderstandings can take place when translating between the English language of Texas and the native Spanish of Rome. (A side note- could there be a link between Rome and the mythical kingdom of Spain? An ancient rumor holds that when Veii was sacked by barbarians many Roman slaves were carried off to a far off land. They then rebelled against their evil captors and established the Kingom of Spain. Thus the common language.)
Let us then answer these accusations.
Rome did not first bring up the suggestion of relief to the Romans. Upon meeting the Noble Sioux, however, we did plead with them for knowledge that would help us defeat the evil Barbarians that as of yet held Veii captive. In addition we asked for the knowledge of Writing and a loan of sufficient gold to aid dissenters in Veii in their efforts to return to Roman rule. Instead the magnaminous Heydey Ho, at great expense to his own people, secured the freedom of Veii on his own, and returned the City to Rome. We did in our negotiations with Texas refer to the ravages of our past at the hands of the Barbarians, but did not do so to garner world sympathy. We wished only to adress the question of why Rome, if she valued the land, had allowed such green lands to lie fallow for so long at our doorstep without making an effort to put them to use before the question, which would have been a reasonable one, was posed. We also wished to adress the question as to why Rome was at the time so loathe to disturb the hut dwelling tribes, which, though small, could have proven dangerous to Rome if disturbed. In expressing to Empress that it would take time to pay her for a ship she would build to send her settlers to a place they so yearn for, we were mearly expressing the fact that our people are as of yet somewhat impoverished, and our treasuries were low, and the monies offered could not be immediately forthcoming. We still offer the money, however, should she see fit to take it to help her settlers when they arrive at their new home.

Granted, Rome did complain earlier about the innattention of Jupiter Maximus to our plight, but since then we have learned of the errors of our ways, and have chosen Christianity as our state religion.

We wish you to consider the following. On the Roman continent there are currently 3 Fontinia (If the word is still mispelled our linguists will be replaced) and 1 Texan City on the Roman continent, with one Texan city to be built soon. There is also 1 Sioux city
built already, and one more proposed. In the future we intend to give even more land to the blessed blessed Sioux. This adds up to 5 forign cities on the Roman homeland at present with 2 more proposed, for a total of 7. This compares to the 9 (possibly 11; our cartographers seem to have lost the latest map and other information) Roman cities at current, and perhaps 3 to be constructed in the immediate future. About 1/3 of the territory currently claimed by cities on Roman lands is claimed by civilizations not native to this continent, and we intend to be generous to the Sioux in the future. Clearly then Rome is destined to have less land than Texas. We do not fault Texas for wishing to maintain the land she now has. Indeed we are greatful to Texas for having been generous to our ally RAZ. Understand that Rome also wants to preserve her territorial integrity, but is destined to be smaller than both Texas and Fontinia.

We find no fault with your point of view concerning our feelings towards Roman land. For before now perhaps we had not adequately expressed our point of view. Now let us put this behind us.

Texas has oft fealt paranoid and isolated, and understandably so. For many centuries she stood alone as she watched a great alliance to form about her. Certainly my allies meant Texas no harm, but any nation in Texas' situation would feal leary. For this cause, though I fealt obliged to abstain from the actual vote as the junior member of the FCU, I suggested that Fontinia not be admitted to the FCU, for this would have likely meant war for all of our nations sooner or later. But let us end forever the isolation of Texas and her new found friend Fontinia. Let us petition my noble allies of the Federacion de Civilizaciones Unidas for your admittance, as well as that of your ally. Rome will stand by whatever decision is made, but we beseach our allies to consider the matter, and to recognize the generosity of Texas towards Raz in the past. And I would humbly suggest that it may be fitting for the great peace accord to be signed in VeiluvsTheSioux, a city that has truely known the horrors of war.

We squabble over land, when there may be no need. Roman wisemen, ignorant though they may be of much of the knowledge of the known world, have postulated that it may be that many of the lights we see at night are not merely holes in the great cloth that does shroud the world at night, but could actually be suns much like our own, providing life on worlds similar to ours. Perhaps if we work together as a united world we may one day be able to share other worlds in peace and prosperity as well.
&lt;font size=1 face=Arial color=444444&gt;[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 14, 2000).]&lt;/font&gt;
&lt;font size=1 face=Arial color=444444&gt;[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 14, 2000).]&lt;/font&gt;
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 14, 2000).]</font>
Old April 14, 2000, 20:42   #89
Frank Johnson
King

Well what I don't understand is how your stubbing of first me, over lands in North Rome and later Empress over a mere few swamps combines with your ideals for world peace. We made painful compromises under great pressure from the FUC, certainly. Seems you seek to rip the ideal lands from others while leaving only the leftovers for you "true friends".

Rome is was never in danger of becoming a minority on its own contient, except for that one time when they were only saved by the grace of God, who gave his only son to save the Roman people from the barbarian hordes.

I am merely pointing out that despite my great power, and the great power of other nations throughout the world, by some strange twist of fate it is you that inhabits the world's most fertile lands! Truely you must have been saved for some great purpose! That is why the Texans believe in the power of God.
Old April 15, 2000, 00:03   #90
Matthew
Prince

Excerpt from the Writings of the Roman Historian Livvy, C.A. 140 A.D.

Caesar Augustus, having long ago forsaken Jupiter Maximus and other pagan gods, was somewhat disturbed to see that a certain group of people in VeiluvstheSioux began sacrificing doggies to one they called HEYDEYUS LIBERATUS MAXIMUS EXCELCIS. In spite of his frienship with the Sioux leader, and his eternal grattitude for help recieved, Augustus thought this a bit much. However, believing firmly in freedom of religion, he allowed the practice to continue.

Note to Frank Johnson. Please reread my last post. It was being eduited for clarity while you entered your last post, and I don't recall how substantial the changes were.

It is possible that Caesar in the heat of the discussion was brash with Texas, but we made efforts to be reasonable.And in the case with Empress, we did offer to exchange land for land of like quality.

Saved for a great purpose? Of course !!! Thiat the world may know peace for ever !!!!!

Surely nations will always have disputes. Can we not argue and have discussions amongst ourselves without the Spector of WAR hanging over our heads?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited April 15, 2000).]</font>