Old March 30, 2004, 00:17   #331
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Slipped through the cracks. Please send it to me again.

akulla,

Head down to Tulum for a great beach away from the sunburned tourists.
Old April 4, 2004, 19:57   #332
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:47
Ok folks.... I'm taking it that the turn is currently with Akulla who, I assume, is currently sunning himself on the beaches of Cancun until 8 April....if this is in fact the case, well, I wish you a pleasant vacation Akulla!

For the rest of us poor souls - consider this a thread bumped.

*Bump*
Old April 4, 2004, 21:39   #333
SirOsis
King

I'm waiting for the turn from Samuel but I haven't heard anything from him lately. I'll send him an email.
Old April 8, 2004, 19:50   #334
SirOsis
King

He's going to send it Sun or Mon. Maybe we can get this thing rolling again.
Old April 8, 2004, 19:52   #335
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
He's going to send it Sun or Mon. Maybe we can get this thing rolling again.
Cool. akulla's back now too (since he posted in another thread) so let's get this thing back up to a turn every day or two like it was.
Old April 8, 2004, 22:17   #336
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Conquest V1.22
Hey guys, just FYI..

I have done some testing tonight and this game is indeed compatible with v1.22 as it's a "modded game". However not all PBEMs are compatible with v1.22. So I'm including what I did to still be able to play in both v1.15 and v1.22 by interchanging.

Before upgrading to v1.22, make a folder called V1.15 in the Civilization directory (not the Conquests). Copy (not cut) EVERYTHING in the Conquests folder over to the V1.15 folder. Then use the patch upgrade to v1.22. Then make a folder called V1.22 in the Civilization directory. Copy (not cut) EVERYTHING that is now in the Conquests folder over to the V1.22 folder.

EDIT: If you have separate folders for 1.15 and for 1.22 then all you need to do is hit the .exe for 1.15 to go back to 1.15 to play that version. Then click on the 1.22 .exe file to go back to 1.22 Thanks to UnOrthOdOx for that.

Anyway, that seems like the easiest way to me to be able to switch between versions for now. If anyone has an easier way please say so.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; April 8, 2004 at 23:06.
Old April 9, 2004, 01:25   #337
SirOsis
King

That is pretty much how I set it up as well. Jesse posted something on what files to move at one point.
Old April 9, 2004, 01:47   #338
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
That is pretty much how I set it up as well. Jesse posted something on what files to move at one point.
I actually went back and used his original post to try that, but that's when everything screwed up and I had to completely reload the game. Apparently certain things are different now. That's why I just copied the entire 1.15 directory over.
Old April 12, 2004, 21:58   #339
SAMUEL2904
Spanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG Imperio
Emperor

Local Time: 06:47
Re-sent, Hi everybody, welcome back
Old April 12, 2004, 22:08   #340
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Welcome back Samuel. I can't wait to finish mauling everyone...err playing this game again.
Old April 13, 2004, 01:54   #341
SirOsis
King

I've played it with 1.22 so we're up2date.
Old April 13, 2004, 09:42   #342
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

2800BC Turn sent to Conmcb.
Old April 13, 2004, 09:43   #343
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Thread post didn't register... *bump*
Old April 16, 2004, 21:03   #344
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

*Bump Again* ... Though, for some reason, my posts don't bump threads.

Conmcb, you still with us?
Old April 17, 2004, 00:27   #345
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Sorry about the delay, I have been swamped with home improvements while the wife was away this week, I didn;t realize it was going to take so much time.

I tried to load tonight in 1.15 and got a "Data Systems Error, does that mean we are plying this in 1.22???

If so I need to know.

Thanks
Old April 17, 2004, 01:11   #346
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Yes it's 1.22. Take a look a few posts up at SirOsis' post about going to 1.22.
Old April 17, 2004, 13:47   #347
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK I dont really want to do this but can you give me a link to how you did your dual install Rhoth?

:sigh:
Old April 17, 2004, 13:51   #348
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Take a look at Beta's new PBEM Info Thread

Or go up about 12 posts in this thread.
Old April 20, 2004, 10:14   #349
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Note this was on 21 March
Old April 20, 2004, 10:17   #350
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Note this was on 13 April.

I think we have a disconnect, or maybe I missed something.

I have replayed 2800 using the 1.22 patch. I am ready to forward that to akkula.

But Ill wait to hear whether that is the correct turn or the last turn.

Right now Im confused.
Old April 20, 2004, 10:21   #351
SirOsis
King

2800 is my latest so I think that we should be good.
Old April 20, 2004, 10:23   #352
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

That would be the one con. I would say go ahead and forward it to akkula.
Old April 20, 2004, 10:31   #353
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK guys and again my apologizes for the delay, the last thing I needed in the last week was trying to figure out a dual install with my pea sized brain

2800BC to Akkula
Old April 20, 2004, 11:10   #354
akulla
King

Local Time: 06:47
I haven't upgraded yet. This will be a problem due to other more important games I am playing will get back to you.

I have heard some bad things about the upgrade such as

- zord says that discovering radio destroys all your factories.
"Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Old April 20, 2004, 12:14   #355
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by akulla
I haven't upgraded yet. This will be a problem due to other more important games I am playing will get back to you.

I have heard some bad things about the upgrade such as

- zord says that discovering radio destroys all your factories.
If you have the hard drive space for it then you can do a dual install per the third post in The PBEM Info Thread That way you can play games in both 1.15 and 1.22.

Regarding the bugs, radio was removed from the tech tree for 1.22 so there isn't any way for it to be discovered anymore.
Old April 20, 2004, 13:31   #356
SirOsis
King

I prefer 1.15 right now. The black city screen on completion of builds in 1.22 is annoying. You can still see other players games as I found out when I hit continue game instead of save game in one of my PBEMs. I thought this problem was fixed.

I'll still stick with 1.22 but I hope Firaxis does something to fix the black screen.
Old April 24, 2004, 13:57   #357
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

As a heads-up, my mother-in-law has passed away and I will be out of town next week to attend her wake / funeral (down in LA). I will leaving tomorrow morning and should be back next Friday.
Old May 3, 2004, 13:24   #358
SirOsis
King

Where are we at with this game? All these patch issues are slowing us down.
Old May 3, 2004, 14:23   #359
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I kind of figured it killed the game.

I can ply at 1.22 0r 1.15 for now. But when a stable official patch comes out, Im going to one install, because I think the dual install is a pain in the but.
Old May 3, 2004, 23:05   #360
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ok - so we stick on 1.15. Is that what folks want to do? I am easy either way. And we have lost Samuel who apparently has gone MIA. I will ask another member to take over his spot.

Let's get this game going again. we had a good pace and it was starting to get interesting.