A-D: I should have voted Banana. 3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7, 2003, 13:37   #31
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
not to be the bringer of bad news...but...wouldn't we need more cabinet members to do this?(knowing we have a hard time just assembling a normal cabinet)

Shade
Old November 7, 2003, 13:42   #32
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 13:48
Both look good to me and frankly I see no reason why these couldnt be combined.

But in this game we can also considder splitting the city's in trade and production city's.
City's with high production get barracks and do nothing then spitting out vet troops while the city's with high trade get all the improvements and maximize tax/science.
Old November 7, 2003, 15:14   #33
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:48
I'm happy with the current system, but if we were to make a change, that is the change I would favour.
Old November 7, 2003, 16:59   #34
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I am more then willing and happy to continue on as City Planner, I mearly gave the option of forcing my resignation as I feel bad about holding up the game (especially as often as I have complained about others.......Ministers and Presidents of the past......holding up the game).

Having prepared my first report (with a few additional details that in hindsight should have waited for the second report , I now know what is involved with this position and expect the remaining reports to go much quicker . I look forward to posting some polls for the citizens to give their opinions on. This is an exciting time in the game, and I enjoy having a key role in its progress.

/me
Old November 7, 2003, 17:13   #35
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Would it be helpfull if I send a copy from my wishlist to you?

As it is now I'm asking the president for x alpines etc while you are advising on the buildcue. We should be able to blend all that into one schematic report to the president, makes his job a lot easyer also.
Old November 7, 2003, 17:18   #36
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Works for me....how do you propose to put this plan into action? (you send me your wishlist.....I incorporate it into my report...I forward the report onto both the President and the Minister of War?)
Old November 7, 2003, 17:26   #37
atawa
King

Just send it to the President, would be interested to know when you think they would be build though.

This session is just a short push but if we can coördinate attacks with ALL our units soon we can plan some major Blitzkrieg
Old November 7, 2003, 20:06   #38
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

The game's afoot!

Just trying to harmonise all the plans, prepping 15 celebrations doing my immediate rushbuilds.

Soon the war shall begin!
Old November 7, 2003, 22:16   #39
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Every city has different requirements. I never use preset building queues. That may work somewhat for the AI, but never for human players.

It might be worthwhile to divide the city-planner job. We normally don't have so many cities and it seems the job has gotten out of hand. It doesn't matter what the division is (north/south, east/west, center/outer) but I think the job is too detailed for one person with all the cities we have (and we will be gaining more).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old November 8, 2003, 00:36   #40
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Back in the day, when I was City Planner...
I never gave a laundry list of things to do in every city. I'll provide some key 'to do' lists for important cities, and try to have a general theme for the majority of the other cities, which I trust the Prez to follow. After all, none of our Presidents have been Civ newbies... they can figure out the common sense stuff.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)