Old November 8, 2003, 06:01   #151
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010

Yes, was a totally unncessary post. Heaven forbid people get upset that a 'true story' indulges in 'artistic license' that is close to being slander.

Of course if this was a TV movie about Clinton and they attributed rapes and plotting to kill those who went against him (two of the more famous kooky conspiracy theories against Clinton), molly would be singing quite another tune indeed.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 8, 2003, 06:14   #152
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 21:49
Au contraire, Imran. I'm sure any fictitious item on the Clinton years couldn't possibly match in creativity and artistic licence what was printed in the right wing press about Slick Willy and Hillary, but I'd be happy to see it- supporting as I do the freedom of artists, writers and musicians to publish whatever they want to- but suffer the consequences afterward.

I'm intrigued as to the inference in your post, that somewhere in my murky past I've expressed support for the serial philanderer from Arkansas. Could you cite a few posts, perhaps, to back up your notion?

I always thought your hagiographic posts on Reagan were somehow ironic, or post modern, but now I fear they're positively idolatrous. Unless of course you're going for the longest troll record, and you're after the last laugh on all of us....

Well, lay a lotus at the feet of St. Reagan of the B Grade Actors for me- and rub the head of Bonzo just for luck.

Chin chin!

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old November 8, 2003, 06:14   #153
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 11:49
This thread still exists

And Imran: As would most of the conservatives on the board
Old November 8, 2003, 06:17   #154
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
I'm intrigued as to the inference in your post, that somewhere in my murky past I've expressed support for the serial philanderer from Arkansas.
I never said whether or not you care for Clinton, just that because it'd be a Republican led effort to characterize him that way (most probably) you'd be all over it, because you've shown that you can't back anything a Republican may support.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old November 8, 2003, 06:20   #155
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 21:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Quote:
I'm intrigued as to the inference in your post, that somewhere in my murky past I've expressed support for the serial philanderer from Arkansas.
I never said whether or not you care for Clinton, just that because it'd be a Republican led effort to characterize him that way (most probably) you'd be all over it, because you've shown that you can't back anything a Republican may support.
You missed your vocation- somewhere there's a carny tent, with a vacancy for a fortune teller. Or a mind reader. Go forth, and share your gifts, young Imran- the world is your oyster!

The only thing I've shown is an unwillingness to suspend disbelief.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old November 8, 2003, 06:24   #156
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Once again:

A deserved smily to most of your posts I think.

Quote:
The only thing I've shown is an unwillingness to suspend disbelief.
Oh, you do a fairly good job of 'suspend[ing] disbelief' in what you've posted on this site.
Old November 10, 2003, 22:46   #157
mindseye
King

Local Time: 19:49
Quote:
Originally posted by molly bloom

Yes, Ned whatever you say. Because St. Reagan of the Blessed Cliche, Holy Reagan of the Secondhand Speech, The Divine Conducator of the Grenadan Invaders, can do no wrong.

For he alone has the Non Greying spirit hair, he alone is possessed of the Gipper Will, he alone is bearer of the Sacred Theses of Monetarism, as was sounded abroad by his disciple, St. Milton of the Friedman.

I believe similar naive cults of personality also abounded in the Communist world. Perhaps you might like to treat your politicians as ordinary human beings, rather than plaster saints. Seems to work for the rest of the world- well, outside North Korea that is.

Plaster saints with feet of clay....
I just saw this post ...

My only question: where can I obtain the secret of the Non Greying Spirit Hair? I already have an Ollie North Relic to protect me from rabid Constitutionalists (and jammed paper shredders), as well as a James Watt Talisman carved from authentic ancient redwood.

I've also been watching eBay for an Ed Meese Scales of Justice Icon , but they are hard to find.