Old November 4, 2003, 06:54   #1
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What are the Symptoms of SARS?
Can someone refresh my memory?

As I mentioned a few days back, I am sick. Well, the day after my sick post, I died. But, I got better. Now I'm suffering from horrible coughing fits and my body temperature is still feels off. I seem to be through the worst of it, but it has been a long time since I've been that sick.

Since I'm now in China, and winter is approaching, does anyone remember the symptoms of SARS?
Old November 4, 2003, 08:03   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...777212052.html
Quote:
The potentially deadly virus SARS has a range of distinctive symptoms.

Sufferers may find themselves faced with a burning fever and a temperature above 38 degrees Celsius.

The disease also makes breathing difficult and gives rise to a dry cough.

Someone infected with SARS might see changes in their chest X-rays, which could indicate pneumonia.

Other symptoms may include headaches, muscular stiffness, loss of appetite, confusion, rash and diarrhoea.
Old November 4, 2003, 08:17   #3
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 13:50
all viruses mutate in china because they hide plutonium cells the arses of their domestic animals.

I wasnt surprised to see a nuclier powerplant as the background picture of one lychee-fruit can i bought recently. made me not wanna buy those again

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; November 4, 2003 at 08:33.
Old November 4, 2003, 08:26   #4
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
fp's safe to be around.

last i heard, skorea still had no confirmed cases of sars.
Old November 4, 2003, 09:17   #5
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...777212052.html
Quote:
The potentially deadly virus SARS has a range of distinctive symptoms.

Sufferers may find themselves faced with a burning fever and a temperature above 38 degrees Celsius.

The disease also makes breathing difficult and gives rise to a dry cough.

Someone infected with SARS might see changes in their chest X-rays, which could indicate pneumonia.

Other symptoms may include headaches, muscular stiffness, loss of appetite, confusion, rash and diarrhoea.
I had all those except the rash and diarrhoea. And I haven't had x-rays or my temperature taken. But I did have a fever, dry cough, muscle soreness, loss of appetite, and confusion (unless I really was dead ).
Old November 4, 2003, 11:02   #6
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:50
You could have all those from a flu
Old November 4, 2003, 12:32   #7
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Death.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old November 4, 2003, 12:56   #8
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
Re: What are the Symptoms of SARS?
Quote:
Originally posted by DaShi
Can someone refresh my memory?

As I mentioned a few days back, I am sick. Well, the day after my sick post, I died. But, I got better. Now I'm suffering from horrible coughing fits and my body temperature is still feels off. I seem to be through the worst of it, but it has been a long time since I've been that sick.

Since I'm now in China, and winter is approaching, does anyone remember the symptoms of SARS?
Let's see if I remember correctly, the symptoms are Well, the day after my sick post, I died. But, I got better. Now I'm suffering from horrible coughing fits and my body temperature is still feels off. I seem to be through the worst of it, but it has been a long time since I've been that sick.
Old November 4, 2003, 14:20   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:50
Lack of energy, followed by death.

If your feeling kinda tired right now you probably only have a couple of hours to live.
Old November 4, 2003, 14:36   #10
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:50
I would go see a doctor if you are worried that much just to make sure. Also if you go make sure you were a mask so that you dont infect anyone else when you go.

If you were going to die, you would be in the hospital already though. They have no treatment for SARS, but most people live through it. Just make sure not to spread it.
Old November 5, 2003, 05:18   #11
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
You could have all those from a flu
Obviously. That's why I didn't ask about the flu.