Old November 5, 2003, 22:46   #121
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 04:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Yahweh, Boris, and other NYers: Gamestop at 86 and Lex.
It's in the EB Games at the Mall of Manhattan and the Gamestop at Herald Square, but you have to ask for it.

Regardless, I ain't gettin' it until I see the player verdicts!
Old November 5, 2003, 23:07   #122
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Regardless, I ain't gettin' it until I see the player verdicts!
Ok, I've got to say this:

"Are we being an Indian Princess?"

But I do understand Boris - Once bitten, twice shy!
Old November 5, 2003, 23:13   #123
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 07:50
Heres mine, its says it will be here by friday, but if its in Indy already maybe tomorrow?

View Details
View Details

[ On-Time ]
Scheduled Delivery: Nov 7, 2003

Shipped to: BLOOMINGTON, IN, US
Shipped or Billed on: Nov 4, 2003

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Service Type: 3 DAY SELECT
Weight: 1.00 Lb

Package Progress:

Date

Time

Activity

Nov 5, 2003

9:30 P.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

5:44 P.M.

OBETZ, OH, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

4:12 P.M.

OBETZ, OH, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

6:35 A.M.

PARSIPPANY, NJ, US

DEPARTURE SCAN
Nov 4, 2003

11:34 P.M.

PARSIPPANY, NJ, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

10:42 P.M.

EDISON, NJ, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

8:49 P.M.

EDISON, NJ, US

ORIGIN SCAN

6:10 A.M.

US

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: Nov 5, 2003 10:10 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)
Old November 5, 2003, 23:27   #124
PrinceBimz
Prince

Local Time: 05:50
Just got mine at EB tonight! Time to start playing
Old November 6, 2003, 00:47   #125
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I double checked at the local Wal Mart this evening. They had a space set aside next to Gold Edition but no copies. I am wondering if they sold out or if they are waiting. It was about 1130PM and no one was in electronics so I could not ask.......
Ill have to wait till friday, I guess.
Old November 6, 2003, 02:23   #126
Captain THC
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:50
grrrrug!! im getting twitches and shakes!! I NEED THIS GAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

*loads hit of Civ into spoon and heats it up over candle*
Old November 6, 2003, 03:10   #127
Brent
Prince

Local Time: 03:50
Called Rancho Cordova Walmart (Sacramento, CA) close to closing time, not on shelf
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 03:15   #128
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Best Buy, Walmart, and CompUSA *STILL* didn't have it today (the guy at Best Buy didn't even know what it was or when they'd be getting it in because their computer system was down).

The only retail outlet in Tucson, AZ that even HAD the game was EB Games at the Tucson Mall, which had it exactly when they said they'd get it, around noon today.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 03:54   #129
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:50
/me just started a new game of UFO:Aftermath to distract himself from the horrific thought of having to wait 9 more days... AT LEAST!
Old November 6, 2003, 07:47   #130
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:50
Everyone seems to have decent experiences with EB....

In NZ EB claims not to have the game until the 23rd, whereas 40m away other stores say the 18th, and one claims the 14th. What the hell?!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 09:01   #131
Aneurism
Settler

Local Time: 11:50
I played until 1am last night as the English vs. the Incas, Mayans, Dutch, Portuguese, Hittites, Byzantines, and Sumerians. Everything was going pretty smooth until the Portuguese sneak attacked me out of the blue (had previously good relations)and razed two cities. I was pretty annoyed at this so I made a military alliance with the Incas and Mayans and Destroyed the Portuguese outright, conquering 3 of their cities myself. When I had to pry myself away to go to bed (get up at 5am for work) the Incas were starting to look way to powerful as they managed to grab the bulk of the Portuguese cities... my empire is about half the size of theirs, but I think tonight I will have to send a horde of cavalry in their direction.... as an aside after picking up Civ3 conquests in Toronto, as usual I played Civ2 on my old p133 laptop commuting back to Hamilton, I got so engrossed in that game I was almost tempted to continue that on my home computer instead of trying out conquests (played as French on Deity destroying the Zulus, Germans, and Egyptians!!! ) I digress....
Aneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 09:34   #132
doronron
Settler

Picked up the last copy of Conquests from my local EB last night at around 6pm. Anyone care to guess why I'm just now posting about it???
doronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 09:57   #133
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

you got tired and want to go to bed? *lol*
Old November 6, 2003, 11:28   #134
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneurism
Ithe Incas were starting to look way to powerful as they managed to grab the bulk of the Portuguese cities... my empire is about half the size of theirs, but I think tonight I will have to send a horde of cavalry in their direction....
Don't dare to touch, don't do it!! (see my country flag )

At least you can post an screenshot please?.. of Pachacuti in the time you're, please?

Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 11:32   #135
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

If screen shots get posted it should probably go to the review thread...........

(I would like to see the screenies too!)
Old November 6, 2003, 11:54   #136
Captain THC
Chieftain

Confirmed Out in Canada
I found stacks and stacks of copies of Conquests at EB and Compucentre this morning, 11/06, both in Fairview Mall (Sheppard and Don Mills) here in Toronto. I believe it's $5 cheaper at EB...

So, the EB dude who told me yesterday the Canadian release date was today was right.
Old November 6, 2003, 12:24   #137
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I double checked at the local Wal Mart this evening. They had a space set aside next to Gold Edition but no copies. I am wondering if they sold out or if they are waiting. It was about 1130PM and no one was in electronics so I could not ask.......
Ill have to wait till friday, I guess.
Same here, checked the two Wal Marts within driving range and they all that had was an empty shelf slot for it. No one around here knows what Civ is so I seriously doubt they had sold out.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 12:30   #138
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well I got this just now. Looks like Conquests will be here today instead of tomorrow!

Yippie!

Scheduled Delivery: Nov 7, 2003

Shipped to: BLOOMINGTON, IN, US
Shipped or Billed on: Nov 4, 2003

Package Progress:

Date

Time

Activity

Nov 6, 2003

6:34 A.M.

BLOOMINGTON, IN, US

OUT FOR DELIVERY

5:00 A.M.

BLOOMINGTON, IN, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

3:32 A.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

DEPARTURE SCAN
Old November 6, 2003, 12:35   #139
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by doronron
Picked up the last copy of Conquests from my local EB last night at around 6pm. Anyone care to guess why I'm just now posting about it???
Because you puled an all nighter playing it right?

GHENGIS! Can you give us the general location of this awful place where you live?
Old November 6, 2003, 12:43   #140
Traelin
Prince

Ahh yes, finally got it. I have to admit I'm very pleased so far. Thank God I can finally play as the Dutch!
Traelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 12:53   #141
doronron
Settler

...and now I'm at work! Got to love caffiene.
Old November 6, 2003, 16:25   #142
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Guess what:

"Nov 6, 2003

1:37 P.M.

BLOOMINGTON, IN, US

DELIVERY"

I think Im getting sick and will have to go home early.........
Old November 6, 2003, 16:52   #143
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Amazon status: order shipping soon.

“Don’t use Amazon” they warn me.

But I say, “No, no, it’s okay, I’ve used Amazon a billion times and they have been nothing but top shelf.”

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this one,” they tell me, “maybe you should cancel your order and get it from somewhere else like EB Games” they suggest.

“Mind your own Ps and Qs” I scold, “I wrote to Amazon to make sure everything would be okay beforehand, and they promised me at great length the game and bonus CD would ship out on release day.”

Egg, meet face, face meet Egg.
Old November 6, 2003, 16:53   #144
doronron
Settler

Go. Be Sick. Have Fun Storming The Castle.
Old November 6, 2003, 19:00   #145
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba

Hi-ho,

You do realise you only need one copy to play, right?

Have a mouth-salivatingly, right-of-passage violatingly, intercontinentalnuclearlaunchingly civtastical day.
hi ,

two comps , one at work for lunch breaks and one at home , ....

have a nice conquesting day

panag returns to his middle ages campaign
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 19:02   #146
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

The local Gamestop still doesn't have it, but Best Buy is telling me they do, so I'm stopping on the way home.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 19:35   #147
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

I finally got it, but had to ride my bike almost ten miles to an EBX to get it.

Wonder why its taking so long for the other local shops to get it...
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 20:36   #148
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

In Edmonton, Future Shop on 170 Street has it on the shelves.

I was pleasantly surprised.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2003, 01:28   #149
Thoth
King

EB at the Rideau Centre in Ottawa has it. When I bought it at 5:00 pm this evening, it wasn't on the shelves yet I had to ask for it.

The last 7 hours of my shift dragged on forever.

But it's just finished installing, and I'm off work 'till Sunday night.
Old November 7, 2003, 01:55   #150
wilbill
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal
Amazon status: order shipping soon...
Egg, meet face, face meet Egg.
Welcome to the club. My order shows it shipped Thursday. Of course, since I pre-ordered very early, it appears they didn't go back and give me the bonus disk. I'll learn one of these days.