Old November 20, 2000, 18:59   #1
MacGyver

Info on US forces deployment...
...in the North-east US, if at all possible. I`m doing a scenario about a ficticious (obviously) Canadian invasion of the US, and it`s based on the same map as the War of Independence, so therefore, I`d like to know what military bases are around that area, what airforce squadrons are in the area etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old November 20, 2000, 21:35   #2
Alexander The Great
Settler

Local Time: 06:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Try hacking into the Pentagon's main computer. I believe they keep a lot of that kind of information in there.
Old November 21, 2000, 00:22   #3
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 02:07
Take your best guess... it's fiction anyway...
Old November 22, 2000, 17:54   #4
MacGyver

Fair enough, I shall.

Old November 24, 2000, 04:40   #5
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 23:07
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Most of what you need should be public knowledge and available without any computer hacks. Check out any detailed map of the states in that region, and all army, navy, and air force bases will be clearly marked. Next, go to the internet and do a search on each base. I'll bet you get a complete list of which forces are deployed there. Finally, do some checking on the Northeast state national guard units. I'll bet every state will give you a list of armory locations and unit types. Probably ALL of this is on the internet. Use the "Copernic" search engine and you'll get more data than you know what to do with!
Old November 24, 2000, 15:15   #6
MacGyver

On second thoughts, I`ll go with Kull`s suggestion.

Old November 24, 2000, 18:24   #7
jeibel
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:07
Or go to the Art of War forum, bring up old threads and there sall be one by Polaris called "Useful links" which has links to detailed (bivisions and so) information on most of the world's military. They used it to set up their diplomatic game.

Farewell
Old November 24, 2000, 19:18   #8
master on high
King

Credit for that should mainly be given to YYYH for compiling the links...Polaris just copied that.
Old November 24, 2000, 20:54   #9
jeibel
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:07
Oh! I didn't want to offend anyone, memory just didn't serve me right. Sorry
Ok, credits where it's due... To YYYH !

Farewell
Old November 25, 2000, 03:05   #10
master on high
King

Yeah...Polaris is a dirty link stealer.
Old November 25, 2000, 16:15   #11
MacGyver

Thanks a lot, people.

Old November 28, 2000, 22:03   #12
echopapa
Chieftain

If you're looking for a standard US vs. Canada situation, I think it would be hard to set up without having Genghis Khan become Prime Minister of Canada.

However, you could create a somewhat realistic situation based around the possible breakup of Canada. If Quebec ever succeeds in leaving Canada, then the rest of Canada is in big trouble. Since the federal government in Ontario is not especially popular in the other provinces, Canada could collapse like a house of cards in a hurricane.

Most likely, Quebec would be an independent country unto itself. The Prairie Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba have the natural resources to sustain themselves as a separate country. The Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island) have fairly weak economies and would have to rely on Ottawa or the Prairie to support them. The Territories would be in limbo.

But the big deal comes with British Columbia. It is quite likely that if Canada were to dissolve, the British Columbian legislature would vote to join the U.S. There's your war, right there.
Old November 28, 2000, 22:04   #13
echopapa
Chieftain

If you're looking for a standard US vs. Canada situation, I think it would be hard to set up without having Genghis Khan become Prime Minister of Canada.

However, you could create a somewhat realistic situation based around the possible breakup of Canada. If Quebec ever succeeds in leaving Canada, then the rest of Canada is in big trouble. Since the federal government in Ontario is not especially popular in the other provinces, Canada could collapse like a house of cards in a hurricane.

Most likely, Quebec would be an independent country unto itself. The Prairie Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba have the natural resources to sustain themselves as a separate country. The Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island) have fairly weak economies and would have to rely on Ottawa or the Prairie to support them. The Territories would be in limbo.

But the big deal comes with British Columbia. It is quite likely that if Canada were to dissolve, the British Columbian legislature would vote to join the U.S. There's your war, right there.

Oh, and remember, the Great Lakes have been neutralized by treaty since the end of the War of 1812.