Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 04:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dream Thread
She: You're under arrest!
Me: What for???
She: Kissing a policewoman on the neck!
Me: I'm sorry, where did you want me to kiss you??
She: You aren't supposed to kiss a policewoman anywhere!
Me: That's the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Post your weird dreams here:
Old November 5, 2003, 11:44   #2
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
who can remember? Sometimes I try to go back to sleep -- unsuccessful attempts to recapture exciting dreams!
Old November 5, 2003, 11:49   #3
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:56
I once piloted a spaceship to mars piloted by fanged fetuses that eventually ate me, induced a flood while battling evil cat sorcerers that resulted in syncronized-swimming cartoon octopi and was a fox-squirrel thingie trying to jump through glowing rings in a train while being chased by Abraham Lincoln.

And my recurring childhood fever dream (got it most of the time when I was sick) involved me being chased by a giant uncooked meatball that kept on getting bigger and bigger and faster and faster.

Top that
Old November 5, 2003, 11:53   #4
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:56
Ha! That's nothing compared to my dream where mutated, fused-together Coca-Cola sixpacks attempted to conquer the world. One of them did so by surfing around ships and causing large holes in them, while another danced in people's beds, causing the beds to flood with water and drowning the people in them. (The bed-dancing mutated Coca-Cola sixpack was a female, incidentally.)
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old November 5, 2003, 11:56   #5
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:56
i can remember a dream i had from back when i was four years old. it was the first vivid dream i ever remember having.

of course, it involved the girl who lived next door.

-theonion.com
Old November 5, 2003, 11:56   #6
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:56
That's pretty good. But my fanged-fetus spaceship dream also included future-flashbacks of me bio-engineering crystal dogs on Mars and my syncronized-swimming octopus dream also included me trying to rement feline revolution and a blond redneck kid riding down the river in a toboggan!
Old November 5, 2003, 12:01   #7
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:56
i also had a dream one time, much more recently, where i was approaching a large building with my dad, the building was maybe 20-stories, all glass/windows (reflective like) on the outside. i knew the building to be a department store (as in, sometimes in dreams you just know certain things about the dream without dreaming them) . . . anyway, we went up to the 3rd floor of the building, and went around towards one wall, and behind some partitions was my mom, whom had just given birth to my brother. (keep in mind, my brother is only 2 years younger than me, and i had this dream at about 17) . . anyway, it wasn't a normal birth like your thinking. . . she was just standing there, fully dressed. . . and there was a bee flying around her. i knew (in that same dream-knowledge type way) that this bee was my brother. my dad told me "he's gonna fly around you, and land on a part of you. whatever body part he lands on will be his name" . . . and so the bee flew around me and landed on my chest. so his name was "chest"

isn't that pretty odd?

-theonion.com
Old November 5, 2003, 12:21   #8
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:56
It was weird last night: I got drafted.. Rooskies attacked us. I was all fired up and then I was in the woods, and I snuk behind enemy lines and heard them talking. But it wasn't Russia.. I was confused, so I put the air strike on hold to figure out who are these guys. Then I regocnized that it's some kind of hybrid Finnish-Russian-Estonian mixed up language.

Then Moscow contacted me right there to my satellite phone 'Hjello.. Yes.. Have you been attackjed?' and they told me that they did the same to Russia.. but we figured them out, they were finnish and russian folks who got trapped in second world war and started their own secret tribe, and now they wanted to make the score even with us all by making them suffer, the ones living close to the borders back then. So I attacked the village single handedly, killed whole bunch of people and then I captured the group. But just as I was about to execute them one by one, I kind of felt bad for them.. I even started crying, and they took the opportunity and I became POW. Finland and Russia was about to start a new war because of these losers, and I was prisoner and couldn't report this back to the troops, avoiding the war. Then my interrogators came in and started beating me, and I can't remember how the dream ended or if I started having another dream.. but weird dreams, as usual.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 5, 2003, 12:23   #9
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

The first dream that I can remember having, I'm Gandalf again, fighting this evil wizard in this country cottage with Faye. Faye can turn into a dragon, so I'm using that to my advantage. So somehow I use up all the power available to me, and this dude's only stunned. People advice me to go seeking help, so I leave.

I turn back to myself, and go to my bike. I discover that my mom has upgraded it into a motorcycle like think, so I take it onto route 1. It gets a bit out of contrrol, so I steer it into a big pile of soft tires which are at a rest stop. The bike is ruined but I'm ok.

So I still need to get home, so I go around to various cars, looking for a ride. There's this one car, going to Newburyport, and the driver is very genial, so they're letting whoever wants load up. So this person has a stranger in their passenger seat in the front. I'm in the back, in the middle, and there's this mother to my left, and her daughter to the right.

Now, the daughter to the right, I discover, has just finished prospying at Grinnell. I encourage her to come here. She looks like Renée Zellweger and I tell her so. She pouts her lips in a very Renée-like way, and we laugh. I start flirting with her unabashedly (remember that her mother is watching all of this to my left) and she flirts back to an extent. But she is a bit hesitant. She says she finds me a bit too 'smote' (which in this dream universe means that I'm too pleased with myself and my actions, which is certainly a very valid criticism). I'm still feeling good about the whole thing, so I continue on, but her mom tugs my arm and asks me to stop. She's obviously a bit awkward about the whole thing - I conclude in my head that she's got issues about her daughter growing up.

By that time we've reached Newburyport anyway, so I get out, and somehow manage to get her name and info about her (that part isn't quite clear to me).

Now, by this time I've woken up, but I loved that woman so much, I decided to think think think about her until I fell back asleep and continued to dream about her. And, lo and behold, it worked. I went to go visit her at her job - a bed store (FREUD calling, line 1). She was a bit annoyed, but she smiled anyway. I sat on a bunch of beds to try them out while she dealt with customers. This little boy followed me around and sat on them with me, which made me smile.

Anyways, the dream ended there. It felt right.
Albert Speer
Old November 5, 2003, 12:25   #10
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 12:56
I had a dream one night where I was viciously attacked and beaten by 20,000 UN peacekeepers.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old November 5, 2003, 12:39   #11
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Okay, I've had a few minutes and I remember one of my dreams from childhood.

I was a little kid and I had to pee. My mom told me to enter the public bathroom and pee in the urinal. I went in by myself. When I was taking care of business (on my tippie toes) the floor opened up - like a trap door in scooby doo - and i slid down a slippery slide for many minutes.

When I finally landed, on the floor right on my butt, I looked in every direction and saw a really bright lab environment. I was shocked to see these tan statues walking over to me, in a really stiffed legged kinda way. They grabbed me and shoved me into a room.

In this tiny room, vines grew out of the walls and pulled my clothes off. I remember being terrified by this - screaming, crying, etc.

When I was completely naked, the vines retracted into the walls and back wall slowly closed, shoving me into the main lab area. The tan statues grabbed me again and shoved me into a vat of what looked and smelled like chocolate. As I tried to climb out, I felt the sticky goo start to harden. Each step became more difficult than the last.

I was able to get out of the chocolate goo, but by my fourth step, I was completely incased in this hardened exterior. With my right leg partially raised in a stepping motion, I tipped over to my right, unable to catch myself. The body shell made a weird *thunk* sound as I hit the floor. For some reason, I could still breath, but I couldn't move a muscle.

The statues walked over and told me to get on this clothesline, but I couldn't. They yelled at me, but I couldn't do what they said, or answer them. I felt so trapped, I cried and eventaully fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was standing (still encased in this hard exterior) in a department store, modeling some clothes. I tried to call out, but to no avail.

This dream still haunts me today.
Old November 5, 2003, 12:43   #12
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 11:56
I shall interpret your dreams!

Zkibbler - you are being kept from something you want and you do not know how to obtain it for something/someone you trust/respect is hindering you.

Shogun - your normal

Boshko - you love squirrels. but then that was already obvious

Stefu - you just messed up, but the that was already obvious

Connor - you see people as possesions.

Pekka - you are working towards something which much vigor, yet it isn't what you really want.

monolith - no idea, but it sounded like a good dream. Since you got her info give her a call

Paul - you hate the UN, and rightfully so

---

I can't remember my dream, I know it was very vivid and had something to do with an old stone fort on the beach and strange looking people who didn't belong there...
Old November 5, 2003, 13:44   #13
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

The last dream i remember is from a couple of days ago. I just remember that everywhere i went and every time i made a decision, James Coburn would appear - grinning like only he can - and tell me something like: "Well... son... You CAN go that way, but personnaly..."
And then his smile gets even wider and he just points in another direction.

That's it.

Just weird.
Old November 5, 2003, 14:10   #14
Pekka
Emperor

Japher, two questions. What is vigor, and how did you come to that conclusion? All I figured was that next time I see hybrid tribes starting wars between neighbours, I need to shoot them, not start crying.
Old November 5, 2003, 14:20   #15
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

When I was about 6 I had an abstract nightmare involving jungle-pattern jigsaw puzzles that, somehow, were also my parents. Since then I've only have more-or-less "real life" dreams...
Old November 5, 2003, 14:26   #16
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i have a lot of dreams about bunnies
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 5, 2003, 14:35   #17
Paul Hanson
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
Paul - you hate the UN, and rightfully so
Spoken like a typical Yank.

Nah, the reason I had that dream is because I've spent the last 3 weeks working on an essay about UN peacekeeping, and it's been doing my head in.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old November 5, 2003, 15:54   #18
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
I shall interpret your dreams!

Shogun - your normal
Whew! Thank you. I haven't heard that for awhile now.
Old November 5, 2003, 16:00   #19
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 13:56
Dreams?

If I start telling about my dreams, one of two things would happen:

- I would get Perma-banned of this site
- People would send me to some sanitarium

.... or both...
Old November 5, 2003, 16:02   #20
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Lucid dreaming is so cool! I get to spend a third of my life being god!
Old November 5, 2003, 16:05   #21
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

i was pushing my friend ben down a street in an office chair and then hee rolled onto an onramp on a freeway and then a car totally destroyed him and dragged him for 100 some feet. all he had wrong with him was a bloody nose.
Old November 5, 2003, 16:06   #22
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

MRT144: Are you Drogues dl?
Old November 5, 2003, 16:54   #23
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

i wish!
Old November 5, 2003, 18:14   #24
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Had any persistant dreams Zkribbler? When I was a kid I must have dreamed the same dream a hundred times...throughout my youth. I was ridden down by an indian warrior who dismounted and finished me off with something, I never recognised what it was. Either I got it from the TV or...a previous life...

It stopped when I was twelve or thirteen. I can still remember it clearly though. Even the spotted horse the indian rode me down with. :shiver:
Old November 5, 2003, 18:50   #25
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
What is vigor, and how did you come to that conclusion?
Vigor means your giving a lot of effort towards this goal.

How I came to that? That's a good question
Old November 5, 2003, 18:53   #26
Pekka
Emperor

Japher, no probs, thanks for the encouragement anyway
Old November 5, 2003, 18:58   #27
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I once dreamt that Markos permabanned me.
Old November 5, 2003, 18:58   #28
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I remember remembering dreams. That was cool.
Old November 5, 2003, 19:08   #29
Japher
Emperor

Actually, Pekka, it has something to do with all the work put into getting the job done (killing ppl) only find remorse at the other end. Perhaps the reason you think you want it is because dictates you do it. Like "go to school, get good grades, get a good job"... not always the best route. For some people it only hurts.
Old November 5, 2003, 19:13   #30
Pekka
Emperor

Sure it can hurt. But there is no other way for me .

Besides, you see my moment of collapsing cost me dearly.. after all, they did capture me and beat me, and I didn't have a chance to let my side know it was them, not russians..So that's more like 'kill without passion' to me kind of advice. Put the emotinoal crap aside, put your hands to work and good things will come to you.. You see, I'm emotionally impotent, so I define myself by my work and personal success. I know that's not a good thing, but I can't help it.