Old November 5, 2003, 17:32   #1
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 13:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Empire homage thread
I was digging through some boxes in the basement today, in search of an old Stephen King book, when I found a game I hadn't thought of in years.

The game was Empire Deluxe for Windows. For those not familiar with the Empire series, I can say that it is awesome TBS. Pure war...nothing else. You produce units, send them off to battle, and you have won when the last enemy has no more cities.

Has anybody else played this one, and what did you think of it. I remember countless hours with my college roommates playing this one hot seat.

I have just installed it again today, and am currently having a blast

Asmodean
Old November 5, 2003, 21:01   #2
Tuberski

Local Time: 06:57
Empire is the very first TBS I ever played on the computer.

I have a copy on 3.5" floppies still.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 5, 2003, 22:21   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:57
Empire was the one that started it all, first game that actually caused my college to fully utilize all the computers in the computer lab.
Old November 6, 2003, 04:18   #4
Asmodean
Emperor

HeHe....I can see them some projects got delayed over this one, eh Genghis

I am pushing back Col. Ludenhoff now. My best producing city, Dien Bien Phu, is now producing armor once every 4 turns, and I am slowly blasting his sorry little ass into oblivion

Asmodean
Old November 7, 2003, 10:55   #5
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 06:57
I definitely remember this one. It was going to be my next entry in the guess the game series.

I had the C64 version and always had trouble telling the difference between the ships with those spectacular TV graphics.

I do remember the difficulty sliders making the game real hard, real fast. I do not think that I ever played it again after Civ1 came out though.
Old November 7, 2003, 12:05   #6
Asmodean
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
I definitely remember this one. It was going to be my next entry in the guess the game series.

I had the C64 version and always had trouble telling the difference between the ships with those spectacular TV graphics.

I do remember the difficulty sliders making the game real hard, real fast. I do not think that I ever played it again after Civ1 came out though.
Yeah, SC, I know what you. I do find though, that these days I'm going more and more for simplicity in my games, and these old games offer that if nothing else

Asmodean
Old November 7, 2003, 13:31   #7
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 07:57
Yeah, this was a great game. I think I have it on floppy somewhere in a box in the attic. Maybe I will dig it out this weekend.
Old November 8, 2003, 10:25   #8
Rufus T. Firefly
King

Local Time: 07:57
Empire got me into TBS, the way Bard's Tale got me into RPG. I played both on my long-gone Amiga 1000, a machine I still miss sometimes.