Old November 6, 2003, 00:18   #1
ajbera
Prince

Local Time: 11:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Curious problems
I have Civ 3 and PTW installed, and the 1.27f PTW patch. I purchased and installed Conquests, and am experiencing a problem. First, installing Conquests removes the PTW editor - no prob there. But, I went into the Conquests editor and made some changes to the PTW DTP (Double your pleasure) mod, then saved it. It saved it as an unrecognized file format. I then reopened and saved it as a biq (Conquests scenario) file.

I opened the modded DYP biq file, and things were screwed up right off the bat - the barbarian level, world type, and other fields in the setup screen had the wrong labels, and when I went back to the main menu, I had the same problems (different labels in the usual Exit, Multiplayer, etc. fields). When I tried to open the regular DYP bix (PTW scenario format) file (also with Conquests), I got the same problems.

So, I conclude that I cannot play Civ3 or PTW scenarios with Conquests (I probably have to insert the Civ3 or PTW disks and play that way), and I can no longer mod any PTW scenarios since the PTW editor no longer exists.

Should I uninstall PTW, PTW 1.27f, and Conquests, and just reinstall Conquests? Or resign myself to the fact that I can no longer modify any PTW scenarios? Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help?

ALSO, how do you get plagues in the normal game? Do I have to play the "With Plagues" 'scenario', or can I put in a game using the editor? If so, where?

Last edited by ajbera; November 6, 2003 at 00:24.
ajbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 00:59   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:58
I would expect that you can play any save for load any scenario from the C3C disk. I have not tried it any maybe CivIII original needs its own disk, since it all three exe are present.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 01:15   #3
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

I can answer your second question ! Apparently, Plagues are NOT available in the Standard game variant. Don't despair, though, 'cause BobT told the guys in the chat that there is a 'variant' epic game editor in the Scenarios which DOES allow you to include Plagues in the Epic Game (hopefully, though, they'll bring it into the standard editor in a future patch ) I would hazard a guess that the 'with plagues' thing you mentioned IS the one you're looking for!
Hope this info helps !!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.
The_Aussie_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 13:37   #4
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:58
so can or can't you add plagues to scenarios you create?
Old November 6, 2003, 15:01   #5
ajbera
Prince

I haven't found any plague flags or settings in the editor, but if you use the 'With Plague' biq file as the foundation for your scenario, you'll have 'em.

Got hit with one last night - skull over city and vultures flying overhead - cool graphic! I also got a warning not to move units into or out of the city 'til it was over.

I made a personal variant of the 'With Plague' biq - I added fundamentalism (low research, xeno and resettle, but mucho free units and no weariness) and made a fundy only small wonder - Holy War, that boosts happiness mildly, increases chance of military leader, and spits out terrorists every few turns. Terrs have no upkeep, low A/D/M (a bit less than guerilla), but have stealth, precision bombing, a decent bombard strength, pillage, and are flagged as cruise missiles so they're one-use only. I haven't gotten them in my game yet, but I also made the Arabs prefer fundy, so I'll see if the AI accepts and uses them.

And, before I get flamed for making the Arabs fundamentalists, I'm doing it for experimental purposes, and it's my &$%@#ing game, so bite me.
ajbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 17:50   #6
Merepatra
BreakAway Games

Plagues can be set in the editor in the Disasters tab in Scenario Properties.
Merepatra is offline   Reply With Quote