Old November 8, 2000, 22:26   #1
MagyarCrusader

ToT scenario preview
Hello all,

I am wondering if I can find anyone here who is willing to host a preview of my next scenario, since I do not have a website of my own. It is in ToT, as it is to my understanding that many people here do not have ToT and do not feature those scenarios on their websites. The preview consists of only a couple screenshots and some text. I tried emailing William Keenan because of his Cradle website, but haven't gotten a response in a few days. Oh well. Any takers?

------------------
"There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
-Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
April 2, 1910

Old November 9, 2000, 11:32   #2
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 07:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ME ME ME ME ME...
Old November 10, 2000, 01:49   #3
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

Let's try first...

Ladies & gentlemen, MagyarCrusader's nes scenario preview !!!

Map:

Kursk:

Stalingrad:

Budapest:

[This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited November 10, 2000).]
Old November 10, 2000, 01:58   #4
MagyarCrusader

Thank you Prometeus! Can you add the text, or should I just do it?

------------------
"There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
April 2, 1910

Old November 10, 2000, 02:11   #5
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

...and the text ( sorry, i forgot about it )...

Title: Final Days

Date: June 1942 - December 1945

Who: Field Marshal Enrich von Manstein, Commander of Army Group South

Where: The Ukraine, Cacasus, and Balkans

Primary Objectives: To sieze an control vital oil fields in the Cacsus Mountain region, and to
capture and hold Stalingrad, providing a vital defensive line along the Volga
river.

Secondary Objectives: To ensure that oil fields around Lake Balaton, and that Hungarian capital
remain in German hands.

Briefing: You, Field Marshal, have been chosen to lead the German armies to ultimate victory over
our eternal enemies. By taking the oil fields in the Cacasus mountains, we ensure a supply
of fuel that will not only provide us with the ability to fight on until the last day of the
war, we deprive Russia's mechanized divisions of its vital lifeforce. In addition, you must
smash the Reds at Stalingrad, a city that churns out roughly 1/4th of the enemy's vehicles.
When we control the Volga, we have a strong defensive line to protect against any massive
Communist assault. In addition, the factories in the Ural mountains will finally be within
range of the Luftwaffe that may blast them to rubble. Once your primary objectives are met
it will only be a matter of time before Leningrad and Moscow fall.

If the unthinkable should happen and you are unable to immediately complete your primary
objectives, there is still hope. You will co-lead another summer offensive, code named
operation "Zitadelle" (Citadel). You will strike at the Voronezh Front positioned inside
the Kursk salient from our southern positions at Belgorod. The Communist forces inside
will be crushed, leaving the rest of Russia relatively defenseless.

However, if fortune does not smile upon the Reich we will have 1 last card to play. Operation "Watch on the Rhine" will be launched against our Western enemies. You must
hold on to our last oil fields with minimal reserves. The longer you hold out, the more troops we may use in the assault, thereby increasing our chances of success. This will buy us time to complete the developement of our super weapons, which no nation will have a chance to stand up against.

You will have at your disposal Germany's latest in military technology, including the
strongest variants of the Mark IV, Panther, and Tiger tanks. Our Italian, Hungarian
and Romanian allies have entrusted you with the command of their armies as well. But
beware, our enemies are aggressive and fanatical. They will prove a difficult challenge
to overcome, but I'm sure you can do it. Good luck Field Marshal!

Estimated Date of Scenario Release: December 2000

end transmition...
Old November 10, 2000, 03:13   #6
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 06:07
Looks pretty nice if you ask me.
Old November 10, 2000, 03:25   #7
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:07
Bravo, M C! Looks great! And I think William is back.
Old November 10, 2000, 05:05   #8
KhanMan
Prince

YIPPPEEEE!!!

We're gonna get a ToT Scenario, a real ToT Scenario!!!

KhanMan drops his copy of CivConverter to jump up and down in glee...

Can't wait to see more of this

-KhanMan
PS. Now where did I put that filer converter?
Old November 12, 2000, 14:34   #9
MagyarCrusader

Yeah, I got a hold of William. He told me he was busy. I sent him the exact same preview that Prometeus posted here. Oh well.

------------------
April 2, 1910

Old November 12, 2000, 15:08   #10
WarVoid
King

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out!

------------------
The Arabic CivII Site

"Why are Muslims better than Jews you ask? Haven't you people ever heard of harems?"
-WarVoid

REMEMBER BLACK SATURDAY, SCARLET TUESDAY, SPINK & YYYH!
Old November 20, 2000, 00:23   #11
MagyarCrusader

Incase anybody is interested, right now I'm playing the scenario myself to weed out the most obvious bugs. Hopefully I'll have it ready for playtesting within a week. I can get a lot done over thanksgiving (who knows, it may be ready before then). Anyone with ToT interested in playtesting for me? Thanks.

------------------
April 2, 1910

Old November 21, 2000, 20:26   #12
MagyarCrusader

No one? Wow, thats encouraging. At least now I don't have to worry about finishing the scenario anytime this year.

Old November 21, 2000, 21:22   #13
VietMinh
Warlord

I am! So you have to finish it this year .
Old November 22, 2000, 00:57   #14
S_Palpatine
Settler

I would love to play test it!
Old November 22, 2000, 06:03   #15
KhanMan
Prince

Memememememe!!!

I've been playtesting Kestrel's Multiverse, and this has wetted my appetite for more great ToT scenarios. Email it to:

khanmaned@hotmail.com

Or just say something when you're ready...

(oh, and space is availible if you need/want an extra host

-KhanMan, Sprecher der ToT

PS. This means you have to have this ready by Thanksgiving
Old November 23, 2000, 02:20   #16
MagyarCrusader

Oh damn, people are interested. Err, what I really mean is, thank you for your interest...

I've hit a snag. The events for the battle at Stalingrad are not working right. A bunch of soviet units won't pop up and I don't know why, so their counterattack doesn't have enough power to flush the Germans out of the city. The human player is supposed to get slaughtered here because the main idea of the scenario is to play on the defensive trying to save the crumbling Reich. That will never happen if the human player obliterates the enemy at Stalingrad. So give me a couple of days to figure out the problem and fix it. Sorry.

Old November 28, 2000, 18:23   #17
MagyarCrusader

I think I've fixed the problem. I was having trouble getting the checkflag event trigger to work to produce enemy units. I suspect that you can only get this event to work once, and then it stops. I've tried using the continuous modifier but to no avail. So I used the good old "give technology" trick to produce enemy units. It should be fine now. I'll have to write up a readme for you guys, so playtesting should be ready when I finish that. In the meantime, I can sent the dll, icons, and sound files. Anyone want them?

------------------
April 2, 1910

Old December 1, 2000, 01:35   #18
S_Palpatine
Settler

Yes, yes very much so!
Please send them!!!
Old December 5, 2000, 09:23   #19
CapTVK
Civilization II MultiplayerPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
King

Seeing as I'll be getting ToT pretty soon (it's out on budget yeaaa!) Having played RF and 2ndF I would love to playtest this scenario. I remember that you have to rename a few graphic files here and there to make a ToT scenario work. Does it include installation instructions?

-------------------------------------------------------
Happy Sint Nicolas day!
Old December 6, 2000, 01:10   #20
MagyarCrusader

quote:

. I remember that you have to rename a few graphic files here and there to make a ToT scenario work. Does it include installation instructions?

Yes it includes instructions, but its not that difficult. All you have to do is removes all the sprite files from the original directory. I think that if you have the patch installed, you don't even have to do this. I'm not sure because I got rid of the sprites a long time ago.

Is Senator Palpatine the only one who wants the files, or still willing to playtest?