Old November 6, 2003, 05:39   #1
PrinceBimz
Prince

Local Time: 05:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
WW2 Pacific...WOW!
This is one hell of a scenario! I have played a few hours as Japan. I hit Pearl Harbor first and hard too. Every last plane that was on my carrier decks went in for attack. I remained for 3 turns launching airstrikes and when my fleet left, Honolulu was in complete ruins. I sank alot of ships (like 5 of them) , damaged others and wreaked major havoc on the city. Seems the bombardment rule for ships in port plays a big part on bombing them.

Then I sank the British battleships, Prince of Wales and Repulse. After this I started island hopping. I attacked Guam, Midway, and Wake first. Then attacked China and the Philippines. Still not able to get a foothold on the Philippines though. I am bombarding the heck out of Manila though.

I had alot of naval battles, especially as time went on. The US must have built more and more ships. I lost alot of DDs already and a few cruisers and even a battleship. Thankfully I still have all carriers, almost lost one though, the Soryu and it was close. Had another one damaged pretty good too but I managed to get it out of harms way, don't remember which one that was.

Those flak guns are making a difference for the enemy! Alot of my planes have been shot down by them. A few times I seen some ships shoot them down too. Works pretty good but hurting me. Then again I have shot some US planes down too. In one turn I lost 3 zero fighters and a bomber from attacking one city that had AA and intercepting fighters.

I have set most small islands to wealth production. The scenario last 50 turns (long turns though) and I was seeing 70-80 turns to build some units at those small islands. So I preferred to let them make some extra money for me instead. I saved the production for my main cities.

Now the graphics, they are awesome. Love the Zeros, Wildcats and Japanese carriers just to name only a few! The cruisers are perfect too.

Can't say enough good about all of it. Excellent scenario and excellent expansion! A few minutes there I felt like I was playing some Pacific theater wargame instead of CIV3. So obviously it was done well.
Old November 6, 2003, 06:42   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:59
Sounds great indeed

Quote:
and I was seeing 70-80 turns to build some
Not enough money to rush buy?
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 12:57   #3
rtj4000
Settler

Local Time: 06:59
Nope, you can't rush build. You only have 1000 at first. I never made it through my first turn because there were so many military units to move. I played as Japan, it was the first thing I did. I quit to check out the Mayans, so I will definitely be going back to this Conquest. It looks like it will be a great war.
rtj4000 is offline   Reply With Quote