Old November 23, 2003, 14:29   #271
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
BTW, I did not actually see this related bug (I guess no one did so far), but judging from the editor, the Spanish seem to be unable to capture Explorers.
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
lockstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2003, 18:58   #272
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 05:02
Temple of Artemis Causes AI Problems

In the screenshot below, the Mayans really do not need another unit in their capitol -- they are at peace with all civs. But notice that, with two entertainers, the capitol could use any additional happiness available. If you look closely, you can see that the capitol has a ctahedral, but not a temple. Why? Because the Mayans had previously built the Temple of Artemis, giving free temples to all the continental cities. The Mayans are now just ToG and Magnetism away from the Industrial Age, so they have had an awful long time to replace the temple that disappeared with Education.

I think that the ToA may hamper the AI in the long run, especially with the scarcer luxury resources in C3C, and I would consider the failure to build a temple as, if not a bug, then certainly an opportunity for improvement in AI build decisions.

Catt
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ai toa bug.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	57931  
Catt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2003, 19:04   #273
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
i think i found another one:
creating a scenario, i couldn't place a scientific leader. there was only one unit, called "leader" which is what the plain military leader was in <=ptw
Old November 24, 2003, 05:25   #274
fishhead
Settler

Local Time: 12:02
Civ 3@ Conquests bug
Ah yes,

Bought the latest expansion module on Friday and spent most of the weekend playing it. Sad man.

Anyway, I noticed that there seems to be a problem with the amount of gold you are earning every so often. I'm currently in the 17-1800s and have noticed on the couple of games I've played so far, even when you should be losing gold, the computer actually credits you with it. So for example if you have 300 gold and are losing 100 gold a turn, you would expect to have 200 gold left over. On the occasional turn I end up with more than 300 gold!

Having said that, on the whole it seems to be fine.

Fishhead
fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 06:22   #275
anteos
Chieftain

settler bug
Hi

I'm playing as the sumerians at the moment. I've noticed that when you complete a settler and then change the production queue to enkidu warrior, sometimes you're able to gain an extra warrior.

I'm not sure how to exactly re-create this, but it does appear to be consistant.

has anyone else noticed this?
anteos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 07:25   #276
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Re: Civ 3@ Conquests bug
Quote:
Originally posted by fishhead
Anyway, I noticed that there seems to be a problem with the amount of gold you are earning every so often. I'm currently in the 17-1800s and have noticed on the couple of games I've played so far, even when you should be losing gold, the computer actually credits you with it. So for example if you have 300 gold and are losing 100 gold a turn, you would expect to have 200 gold left over. On the occasional turn I end up with more than 300 gold!
This is likely the already-reported gpt bug, where, when engaged in gpt deals with another civ, you tend to end up with twice the amount you should.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 10:52   #277
tony_ansley
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by kwpulliam1973
Non-reproducible crash report -

Game crashed to desktop upon eliminating the first Ai Civ during gameplay.
I have had the game crash back to the desktop twice with no apparent reason. I am running XP and it may be related to switching users, but cannot verify yet.

AA
tony_ansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 13:52   #278
Aramis
Prince

Local Time: 06:02
When the Temple of Artemis became obsolete all the temples created by it disappeared. 'Okay,' I thought, 'That's just the way it is.' But the more I think about it, I see no rationale there. Why should they disappear? Same true for Great Wall/city walls.
Must be a bug, as it makes no sense.
Old November 24, 2003, 17:48   #279
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:02
I do not know the reason, but I am sure they were aware of it and hence it is deliberate, not a bug. It is just too big of a deal to have gone unnoticed.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 17:58   #280
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

rob_s

the temple of artemis doesn't mean it's builds a temple in each city. it gives you the effect of temples (ok ok, it's in the improvement list). but if suddenly no one believes in artemis, the effect would be lost. same for the oracle, etc.

sun tzu's art of war isn't even a building, it's the theory that makes the barracks exist

i think it's ok

however,
1) you should be able to build temples parallel to the ToA for a smooth rollout
2) AI civs should build temples prioritary latest after losing the effect
Old November 24, 2003, 19:17   #281
Aramis
Prince

Local Time: 06:02
It is too big of a deal to be a bug, but I'm calling it a bug as it bugs me.
Thank you, sabrewolf, I hadn't thought of the ToA's effect as a concept, only as a physical reality.
Old November 24, 2003, 20:22   #282
statusperfect
King

Sun tzus art of war triggers GA - for the english
Attached Files:
File Type: sav zun tsu.sav (198.4 KB, 3 views)
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 21:06   #283
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
Sun tzus art of war triggers GA - for the english
Not a bug. The English are COmmercial and Seafaring, which is satisfied by your captured wonder the Colossus.

The reason Sun Tzu's apparently triggers your GA is that a check for the GA conditions is made when you build a Wonder, not when capturing one. Thus you captured the Colossus, and when you built your next Wonder (whatever it could have been), the computer saw the Colossus satisfied your attributes and started the GA. This has been in Civ all the way through.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2003, 22:30   #284
statusperfect
King

OK
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 19:44   #285
RobC
Warlord

Local Time: 04:02
Strange railroads
Look at the weird railroads on the tile the workers are standing on -- is this a bug?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	strange_railroads.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	58076  
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 20:18   #286
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:02
Occasional crash with the sound dll:

It doesn't crash as often in Civ III Conquests 1.00 - DirectX 9.0b compared to Civ III classic - 1.29f DirectX 7?

but still occansionly does. Seems to more likely be in the sound events, especally the sound event for hiting a button.
joncnunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 20:20   #287
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Above pic is not a bug, hit Ctrl-G and you'll see that the tile the worker is on, 8, 6, 2 are railed. along with [3-3] but not 3.
Old November 26, 2003, 15:58   #288
Mirada2000
Chieftain

With several people:
- Not of musics. (In PTW OK)
- Musics make bug the game.
- Not of victory video. (video intro OK)

Version French 1.01
Mirada2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2003, 10:57   #289
Gyromancer
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Here's a new one: Playing in a lan multiplayer game it is now longer possible to cancel ANY deal peacefully on the diplomacy screen (even one in which the 20 turn initial period has expired. So, if you make a military alliance with anyone, be prepared to break it by making peace(and suffer the reputation hit) or to wait it out until it is no longer useful to the other guy (at which point, if he is an AI, he will cancel the deal himself without causing war.

On a similar note, you can't force a renegotiation of peace like in the old version (clicking on active deals and then clicking on peace treaty.

In either case you drop back to the main screen and a window pops up notifying you that you just declared war on the civ you were talking to....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"
Gyromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2003, 11:24   #290
joncnunn
Emperor

Lock ups MP-Hotseat & MP-PBEM assigning team colors
Happens every time on this machine for both Hotseat & PBEM epic or an MP conquest for both all music on and all music off : processes fast until it gets to assigning team colors and then hangs up, and never advances.

Single player works very well.

Version 1.00 USA

Specs of this machine:
E Machines T 1100
1.0 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
Windows XP preinstalled
128 MB
20 GB Harddrive original (aprox 8 GB free)

Sound Card and Video Cards are both whatever E Machines T 1100's came with.
Old November 29, 2003, 13:29   #291
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 05:02
Periods in Default Saved Game names
A minor "bug": All of the default Saved Game files in the Napoleon Scenario include the Month and Year in the name. The problem is that all the abbreviated months include a Period (f/e March = "Mar."), and this prevents the game from "remembering" the name of the file. Thus if you save a game in March of 1804, you better remember that yourself, because the "load game" option will default to a blank. This doesn't occur in the case of "May", which is why I realized the periods are the problem. A similar issue affecting the Shogun scenario was reported earlier in this thread - and yes, those games also default to the abbreviated months.
Kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2003, 15:01   #292
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

me and 3 of my friends has a civlan last night, and have some bugs

the minimap doesnt update correctly all the time with regards to culture borders. when we built a city and the culture combined with existing ones, it didnt draw it on the map correctly.

the GPT thing.

GOTOs now happen at the beginning of the first person's turn in turn-based MP. like, even though i was 3rd on the list, my GOTO orders processed on the beginning of the first person's turn (BEFORE he could manually move).

The Sid AI cheats too much :P
Old November 29, 2003, 15:02   #293
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gyromancer
Here's a new one: Playing in a lan multiplayer game it is now longer possible to cancel ANY deal peacefully on the diplomacy screen (even one in which the 20 turn initial period has expired. So, if you make a military alliance with anyone, be prepared to break it by making peace(and suffer the reputation hit) or to wait it out until it is no longer useful to the other guy (at which point, if he is an AI, he will cancel the deal himself without causing war.

On a similar note, you can't force a renegotiation of peace like in the old version (clicking on active deals and then clicking on peace treaty.

In either case you drop back to the main screen and a window pops up notifying you that you just declared war on the civ you were talking to....
yes, i saw this bug last night too. i made a deal with the roman AI for 30 gold and 4gpt for their workers (2). after 20 turns, i was still paying the 4gpt, so i went to click it off, and it closed, and i was at war with Rome.
Old November 29, 2003, 16:17   #294
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

I really don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but the Ronin and Ninja units can't attack cities in the Shogun scenario- is this how it's meant to be?
Gibsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2003, 03:14   #295
Bane Star
Warlord

Local Time: 21:32
Ronin and Ninja are Non affiliated and cannot declare war on thier own, you need to declare war via diplomacy or other units, THEN use the Ninja & Ronin

Major problem...
Forbidden Palace NO LONGER WORKS!!!! niether does the flag in the editor...
Old November 30, 2003, 11:38   #296
Fishman2
Settler

New bug

Capture an enemy city, build railroads all around it but they dont actually connect to the city.

Anyone else seen this ?
Fishman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2003, 12:47   #297
pauli
Prince

Local Time: 08:02
fishman, does it still happen after a save/reload?
Old November 30, 2003, 19:49   #298
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i love how people don't read threads before reporting the same bug over and over
Old December 1, 2003, 03:59   #299
sabrewolf
Emperor

the thread is getting too long to read through if you havn't been watching here from the beginning on. close to 300 posts.

now if someone would have time to edit the first post or start a new thread with a summarized buglist...
Old December 1, 2003, 11:32   #300
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bane Star
Ronin and Ninja are Non affiliated and cannot declare war on thier own, you need to declare war via diplomacy or other units, THEN use the Ninja & Ronin
That's the whole thing, I want to use them when I'm not at war with someone, as you would with a privateer unit! And indeed, I can attack friendly units outside cities with them, but not units inside a city- and nor can the AI seemingly- there's about 15 barbarian Ronin units parked outside one of their cities doing nothing.

I was told by a friend that in her version they can indeed attack cities, so it might just be my version for some reason. Still, it beats the exclusive bug I had with Vanilla Civ whereby colony graphics would appear all over the map (Even in the ocean)!
Gibsie is offline   Reply With Quote