Old November 7, 2003, 07:06   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Password?
I was elated to discover I was the second person to download the save when it passed to us. However, I was less than impressed to find that I couldn't locate the password for this save - what is it, and why isn;t it clearly signposted for all to see?

Dammit I want to discuss, debate and kick up a stink about lazy functions operating at less than optimal capacity, and I can't even log on? What kind of Microsoft operation are you running here?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 7, 2003, 09:27   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The password can be found in my posts in the Turn Report thread, so you can see them every time you download a presend-save (at least if I played the turn). The passwords are "001010100011" and "experiment".
Old November 17, 2003, 04:16   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Another two queries, and since they're related to the saves I thought I would keep them in the same thread as the rather essential password info:

what is the second password "experiment" for, and what exactly is a "presend"? Is it a savegame where all orders are carried out and then it is saved prior to ending turn and sending on?

Old November 17, 2003, 05:52   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Impaler - if you wanted to chat re: the game, I am in the #apolyton chatroom on mIRC, server Apolyton. If you can't figure out how to get to it PM me and I can help.

Old November 17, 2003, 11:45   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
001010100011 (1-2-4-3 in binary) is the original password Googlie gave us. Then there was some incident where some idiot hacked the ACDTG save files, presumably found the method how passwords are stored and encrypted in the save file, and based on that came up with alternative passwords that when encrypted give the same code as the original password. That hacker then sent the passwords to Comrade Tassadar. Tassadar then left the Hive and became Assistant God.
The alternative password the hacker mentioned for the Consciousness was "experiment". Hence we have two passwords we can use.

You are correct about what a presend is.