Old November 19, 2003, 17:00   #31
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 08:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
It would be interesting if the Civ developers would program and do graphics design for several different leaders from each country. Perhaps even match the civ's "characteristics" to the particular leader of the civ.

For example, Joan of Arc would give the French a religious and industrious (?) characteristics. If you were unlucky, you could meet the French led by Napoleon, which would clearly be militaristic and expansionist.

There would be some problems with the civilizations less known the West (Hittities for example) as its tough to find even one leader that most game players would have heard of.

well, it's an idea anyway....however, one that incurs greater cost to the designers. Many individuals frequenting this board have indicated they would desire time, effort and money driven into better gameplay and AI strategy enhancement.
Old November 19, 2003, 20:18   #32
Brent
Prince

Local Time: 04:04
I think there should be some traits a particular civ always has and some traits that depend on its leader. I want the differences between civs to be modeled partially from SMAC, and for the traits of civs to be at least as distinct as in SMAC. I want a typical civ to have two available male leaders and one female. I don't need any special graphics for leaders.
Old November 19, 2003, 22:35   #33
bvoncranium
Warlord

Local Time: 07:04
Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal
I am amused that Ghandi is in the game as one of the toughest trade negotiators and prone to the sneak attack. It adds a certain amount of off balanced levity...
Agreed.
We also had a lot of fun in one scenario where we set the early-stage Barbarian units to be Gandhi(s). We gave him range attacks, extra hits and movement to beef him up. In the scenario we selected 'Restless Barbarians'. Very early the map was filled with these friendly looking Gandhis, who sped around looking passive, making kindly sounds, and kicking serious butt
- The Mad Scenario-ist