Old November 22, 2000, 01:10   #1
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 02:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cold War X
I just realized I'm having a lot of problems with this scenario. It always freezes around the same time. I'm playing as China. grrrrr....
Old November 22, 2000, 04:03   #2
Panda
Prince

Local Time: 06:08
I want to know why I can't build any more wonders, even though my research was complete by 1962.

------------------
"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

"Treaties are like roses and pretty girls: they last while they last." - Charles de Gaulle
Old November 22, 2000, 11:02   #3
master on high
King

There's a revised/edited version of the game I helped playtest for Jason (Prushka), and he sent it to the CSC, but it was never put up. He's still online (I saw him last night) but I only know his AIM name: prushka.

He was also doing the Amplified WW79, but that was never posted either, and I don't have the latest version (I think it's the only one of it's kind... ).

I don't think Prushka hangs around on the forums any more....so just talk to him over AIM, he still plays civ.
Old December 5, 2000, 14:16   #4
Panda
Prince

Ah! I've just been informed about the wonders thingy: with wonders set as objectives you can't build anymore. Just thought I'd pass this along if anyone else was in the dark. Or did everyone else know but nobody bothered to enlighten me? Tch!

Oh, and I e-mailed Jason when you (master on high) mentioned that, but so far I've had no response. Any sugegstions?

------------------
"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

"Treaties are like roses and pretty girls: they last while they last." - Charles de Gaulle
Old December 5, 2000, 18:12   #5
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 02:08
Or did everyone else know but nobody bothered to enlighten me?

That's right, we have all known this for a long time.

------------------
St. Leo
http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
Old December 5, 2000, 19:47   #6
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08
I knew it too!
Old December 13, 2000, 06:58   #7
Prushka2
Settler

whats up guys? i havent been around for awhile but CTP2 and its massive infrastructure of bugs got me online for help...which there is none
=(
terrible isnt it? ctp2 dont work right (esp in multiplayer)

speaking of bugs...ColdWarX is full of them

allow me to explain, when i was doing that scn, i had a huge SL list of units abilitys and the special qualitys of each unit space in the editor
BUT i didnt quite plan it out accordingly to that list

this scn CAN be fixed up perfectly, as Amp CW1979 also could be too

and i think that if aduquately fixed , that these two scn can be the BEST modern time scn ever created

but i cant do it on my own, my feeble mind cannont fathom what must be done to restructure the entire backbone of the scn
i actually think it would have to be Redone from scratch -- and that most of the graphics would be replaced by my own personal artwork collection (that appeared in AmpCW1979)
oh ya , I SENT AMP WW 1979 TO CSC but they never put it up...oh well, i guess it needed more work eh??

i am a rush type person, i just cant sit down and make the scn (it takes 150hours!!!)
i can only put 110 hours into it, that last 40 hours is just too much for me
=(

but if you guys wanna see what i got so far on ampWW1979 ill email you with it K??
all kinds of new art for modern military
and remember , this was only my 2nd scn and my first attempt to even make art
anyways, ill be talking w you guys alot more often
im out of my Diablo2 RedAlert2 AgeofEmpire2 stage now
now im back to civ2 an ctp2 (call to bugs2)
=)
see you guys around
peace
Old December 13, 2000, 18:08   #8
Panda
Prince

Prushka, nice to see you back on the forums.

I take it then that you never received the e-mail I sent to you. I'd like to see both the revised ColdWarX scenario that Master on high mentions, and your amplified CW1979 scenario. If you could please e-mail them to me @ aplivings@btinternet.com I'd appreciate it.

For all its technical faults, I still think that ColdWarX is still probably the best post-war scenario around. At least you actually persevered and finished yours. For a first scenario I think you should feel very proud of what you accomplished rather than than feel down because of what it does not.

------------------

Old December 15, 2000, 20:53   #9
VietMinh
Warlord

Me too, I would like to receive those files please.
Old December 18, 2000, 22:23   #10
WarVoid
King

I love this scenario!

Arab Coalition is kicking China's ass!

I wanna see a revamped version soon. Please!

------------------
The Arabic CivII Site

"Why are Muslims better than Jews you ask? Haven't you people ever heard of harems?"
-WarVoid

REMEMBER BLACK SATURDAY, SCARLET TUESDAY, SPINK & YYYH!