Old November 11, 2003, 02:03   #61
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Troll -
Quote:
You DO NOT NEED A WARRANT to search a school when called in by the system..learn the Laws so you may respond properly
That system is called the government, so the government can call itself in to search people without a warrant? Then what's that 4th Amendment all about?

Ned -
Quote:
Berzerker, I think you doth protest too much.
Why doesn't that apply to you? You're the only one jumping in to imply hypocrisy for not condemning a past abuse (well, aside from my questions to show your double standard ). Do your comments mean any future thread regarding government abuses must include a condemnation of the Elian affair to establish consistency? And as Templar shows, there are differences between these cases, but going in with machine guns as was done in the Elian case was also repugnant.

NeOmega -
Quote:
No I dont think it was the "Most appropriate" action, but as a former Law Enforcement official I see the need for containment...
Ah, thanks.

Hey Troll, I didn't know law enforcement was in the habit of hiring former drug addicts. Were you hired as a narc? Did you put your experience with drugs on your resume?
Old November 15, 2003, 17:13   #62
chunk5
Settler

Well, here's the lowdown. I went to that very highschool not 3 years ago. I was expelled myself for writing political cartoons. The charge was disturbing school. Funny, but I never gave anyone those cartoons. I never handed them out or distributed them in the halls. I drew them on MY TIME and threw them out. The Librarian picks one out of the trash, it goes to McCraken's office, and I'm gone. That's just one of possibly hundreds of similar cases of STUDENT RIGHTS being violated. Also, that school was run like a concentration camp when I was there. I know you think I'm exaggerating, but you point me out to another school that STIFLES creative thought if it's not popular opinion, and I will shut up. Also, here's some stuff you might not know about that very same principal, one George Clayton McCracken:

1. Since being hired as principal in 1983, he has been involved in no less than 19 (nineteen) lawsuits involving students civil liberties being walked upon. (www.aclu.com. look in the archives under SC lawsuits)

2. Has expelled students for malicious actions. His evidence? In one case, a lyric book that was REQUESTED to be brought to school for a creative writing project. (Student: Sean Runge, 2000)

3. Has at all times a Tazer on his person, which he uses on students if they do not cooperate. NOTE: NOT COOPERATING does not mean taking violent actions. I'm pretty sure that the former law enforcement officer who wrote on this prior to me would agree.

Alright, this man has been in office for 20 years. In the latter years, he has turned the safest and best highschool in SC into South Carolina into Charleston's Finest Concentration camp. It's time he retire, but with that big stint he pulled, I PRAY NIGHTLY THAT HE GET FIRED AND SUED UNTIL HE HAS NOTHING
Old November 15, 2003, 18:49   #63
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
drugs only cause problems because they are illegal.
So does murder.
Old November 15, 2003, 20:10   #64
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
So does murder.
Huh? Murder wouldn't cause any problems if it was legal?

It doesn't matter if drugs are legal or illegal, some people will over indulge and cause problems. If that's a reason to punish millions of people for using drugs, then punish everyone who doesn't use drugs too because some of them cause problems.
But here's the rub of the matter, while there is no evidence criminalising drugs has reduced consumption, criminalising drugs does cause problems. The massive black market created by prohibition creates crime as gangs fight over marketshare and that's just the tip of the iceberg. So we get more crime, more violence, harder drugs which are easier to conceal... and... more government to "solve" these problems created by the government's attempt to stop drug use...

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Drug prohibition is an autocrat's wet dream... Why "conservatives" support it can only be explained by 1 fact - conservatives don't believe in freedom and the Constitutional limits created by the Founders. If Congress tried banning booze and tobacco we'd see these same conservatives complain about how their freedom was under attack... Blah blah blah...