Old November 10, 2003, 10:38   #1
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 08:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Barbarian Wonders, etc.
Just a few odd questions. I'm trying to buckle down to work on the CtF scenario I started a few months ago, but it may vanish with my flickering attention span.

I remember seeing barbarian cities with wonders in them in some scenario called Air War 3000 or some such. Does anybody know how that's done? I'm guessing MapEdit or another utility?

Also, what happens when you put a settler in the partisans slot? Aside from a damnably resilient civ, that is. Do they drain food from anywhere when they're generated?

How does the AI work with domain threes? I don't think Darth Spoot's SLeague tip covered this; does the computer consider them air units when it's deciding what to build? Are they affected by SAMs or Coastal Fortresses, or do they ignore every defensive bonus?

That's all for now. Thanks to all.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old November 10, 2003, 10:52   #2
Arthedain
staff

Local Time: 14:13
you should use the civcity utility to change owner of cities and create improvements in them http://users.stargate.net/~harden/
Old November 10, 2003, 12:02   #3
Elok
Emperor

Local Time: 08:13
Ah. Grazie.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old January 7, 2004, 16:43   #4
Panda
Prince

Local Time: 12:13
bump

Actually I was hunting through the pages for an older thread when I noticed this.

Re the point about do settlers drain food when created? You'll find that units created which are closer to a city owned by another civ than they are to one of your own are created as NONE units (no home city) and will not therefore require upkeep.

As to D3 units, I can't think of anybody who has used them in a scenario yet or experimented beyond determining their basic characteristics.