Old November 25, 2003, 11:27   #151
Dactyl
Warlord

Local Time: 12:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have a couple of questions. One, where do I locate a city's rank? In my current game, I've looked but can't find it. Is it called by something else in the game? Two, has it been verified that this is indeed a bug? Perhaps the developers intended it to work the way it does.
Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 11:31   #152
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 08:17
It's not displayed in the game. It something you have to figure out on your own. Most of us don't bother. Thanks to people like alexman, we know how things work, though.

Second, I do believe it's been acknowledged to be buggy. Given that it's been tested and confirmed that building the FP and Secret Police HQ will ALWAYS hurt you under communism, it's gotta be. No way was that deliberate design.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 11:34   #153
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 08:17
Has anyone, heard anything, about a patch for this?

I have been looking around the bug threads but the Firaxis/ Breakaway guys seem to be slient right now.

Maybe I missed it so Im asking. Thanks!
Old November 25, 2003, 12:38   #154
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

No patch yet. You'll hear screaming in the streets when the patch is released.

Thanks for the clear-up there Arrian. Looks like once I conquer the pyramids, at the other end of my continent, I'll be ready for the second core - as that'll be around the age of Nationalism for me most likely.
Old November 25, 2003, 15:16   #155
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Agh bloody corruption! The developers must be doing this on purpose, there's no othe explanation for the way they've made one game-ruining aspect and then just made it worse over time.
Gibsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 15:30   #156
Slax
Prince

Local Time: 07:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Gibsie
Agh bloody corruption! The developers must be doing this on purpose, there's no othe explanation for the way they've made one game-ruining aspect and then just made it worse over time.
Actually, "Corruption" has been decreased with nearly every patch or new release of the game (until this bug).
Slax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 16:12   #157
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

This is a major issue. You'd think someone from the Atari State Department would like to comment on this.
Old November 25, 2003, 18:34   #158
kittenOFchaos
Prince

Local Time: 13:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
This is a major issue. You'd think someone from the Atari State Department would like to comment on this.
They could also display the severed head of the scapegoat 'found' responsible for creating this new problem

kittenOFchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2003, 18:45   #159
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
They could also display the severed head of the scapegoat 'found' responsible for creating this new problem
A call for blood! Will no nobleman from Atari rise and quell the passions of the angry masses?

Seriously, though, this is a real pill. Has anyone been notified how many people are upset about this problem?
Old November 25, 2003, 21:32   #160
Matt_G
Settler

Local Time: 06:17
Anyone who is upset has already put their money in Atari's pockets.
Once they have your money, I can only imagine how little they care.
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 00:51   #161
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: November 3, 2010
An interesting thought - what happens with multiple FPs? Does your Palace-centric core experience even MORE corruption from it? And, with 2 FPs, how would the rank bug work? Perhaps this is what happens with the SPHQ - don't know as I haven't got to it yet.

I wonder because, if more FPs compound the problem for your Palace core, then in DyP for C3C (when it is finished), with several FPs, would your Palace core eventually become worse than anywhere else, meaning the Palace was effectively meaningless for corruption uses?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 04:59   #162
JeffH
Settler

Quote:
But some of us enjoy Civ 3 more from an empire building perspective than because we want the AI to play us as close a game as possible. (Consider Arrian's "Ultimate Power" games.) From an empire-building perspective, the ability to benefit from good palace/FP placement is extremely important because without it, conquering additional territory starts to become almost completely worthless long before the domination threshold is reached.
I must say I agree.

I play this game from an Empire Builders Perspective, Corruption under the old rules was inhibiting enough.

I think the new Rule are poorly thought through.

Please can we have a patch.
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote