Old November 11, 2003, 17:20   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Switch to Wealth?
This has been proposed by Drogue quite a while back. Any unit built under Wealth will have a permanent -1 Morale compared to other unit, so therefore the proposal is to switch to Wealth next year MY 2146 before we complete all our military units.

I was wondering, shouldn't we wait a bit longer before we switch to Wealth? IIRC the only unit we'll complete in two years, MY 2147, is an impact squad. The advantage of switching out of wealth is that that unit would be 12.5% stronger. The disadvantages however are 5 credits and 2.4 labs less per year. Then there's the -1 Industry. We currently gain about 50 minerals a year, so switching out of Wealth would in a way make us lose about 5 minerals a year. Does the lost energy and minerals really compare to the +12.5% morale of that one unit? A prototyped impact squad under Industry +1 setting costs 27 minerals. If we would stay in Wealth a little longer, the unit would loose 12.5% percent of its attack value. If you translate that 12.5% to the mineral cost it means we lose 3 to 4 minerals. But that's still less than the +-5 minerals and 7.4 energy we lose yearly. I therefore wonder, wouldn't it be better to not go out of Wealth at the moment? The unit will be a little weaker, but on the other side we'll have a much stronger industry and more energy to build more units faster. More quantity instead of quality!
Old November 11, 2003, 22:05   #2
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:17
Quntity over Quality!?

That sounds like Drone talk, as a tec faction our stratigy is untimatly one of Quality but I do see your point. I think this issue could be settled if we had some inteligence on the Pirates, if their still defenceless then I would agree the extra 12.5% isnt that important for rolling into empty bases. If they are building some synthmetal sentinals then we can realy use it the morale bonus. It the Powell doctorine (boy that would be a cool tec) if we go to war we go in with overwelming force! Theirs nothing worse then failing in a war effort we have put so much time and energy into.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old November 15, 2003, 06:29   #3
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 13:17
That's why we need some infiltration on Peace asap.

Either the Hive needs to give us some information fast now (the EAF should take notice of Impaler's reply in the Hiverian diplomacy thread) or we have to rely on probe teams ourselves...
Old November 16, 2003, 14:47   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:17
I have sent a PM to Rokossovky. Hopefully his response is more informative than Jamski's...