Old November 19, 2003, 14:27   #61
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 08:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The above post was all in good fun BTW, El you should have been an actor.

OK what is the latest on waiting on a turn, before I get to play?

Mr PM how long do we wait?
Old November 19, 2003, 14:34   #62
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:18
Quote:
El you should have been an actor.
I acted in several plays, including my own production where I also directed.

*beams with pride*

Old November 19, 2003, 14:36   #63
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

COS, I assume this is your wishlist in case I have to play?:

And for future reference you will continue to place a consolidated wish list in the "COS's Tent" after you have consolidated and verified the requests from the Front Commanders, is that correct?

Here is your quote from that thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
MID DECEMBER 1947 REPORT

FOR THE DEFENCE, ECONOMIC MINISTERS

I would like defensive units to be built, in places farther from the front, and I wouldn't mind fortifications in cities that will be under heavy attack when the British leave.

In any case, here are the orders:

In the GOLAN, Metullah, Kafer Szold and Mishimar Yarden should RUSHBUY anti aircraft artillery by the end of next turn. Imperative. After that, they will need fortifications before the British leave.

I would much appreciate the construction of artillery in Yehi'am and Nahiriyyah with speed, as the corridor to Tiberias must be opened very soon. AKKO MUST RUSHBUY SOME DEFENSIVE UNITS AT ONCE. Haifa could use another defensive unit, or artillery to enable the swift capture of Tantura.

On the JORDAN, EIN GEV MUST BUILD FORTIFICATIONS at once! Degania should too, as there are already some machine gun brigades there. Gesher and Beth Shean should complete their machine guns soon, and construct fortifications and AA artillery as well.

Haderah, Netanyah and Petach Tikva should complete their defensive units soon, so that artillery may be purchased. The capture of Tantura must be completed soon. Personally, I would like Tel Aviv should rushbuy some defensive unit this turn, as I plan to remove most of the defence units to relieve West Jerusalem next month.

West Jerusalem SHOULD RUSHBUY THIS TURN much needed fortifications. It is my belief that the units present there should hold out another turn or two, and the relief column should arrive quickly. Sedom could use a defensive unit fast. Kfar Etzion looks ok. Ashdod should build us some artillery, as I want to take the offensive into Gaza soon. Eilat needs AA artillery. Soon. And fortifications. Soon. And an airport, in case we need to relieve the inhabitants by air.
Is there any kind of priority order? And did you take into account incremental rush buys (having a few sheilds in the box) vice buying the whole unit/ fortification at once?

Sory for so many questions but I have been reallty busy the past two weeks and haven't looked at the save at all and barely looked at the threads.

Thanks Keep up the great work, Ill look forward to prayer at the Wailing Wall sometime in the near future.
Old November 19, 2003, 14:45   #64
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

I acted in several plays, including my own production where I also directed.

*beams with pride*

Thats interesting! I was quite a thespian in High School, I had over 600 hours before I graduated, then went to engineering school and "acted" like a drunk engineer.

One of my favorite sayings is: "How well you do in life depends upon how well you can act."

And you can quote me on that.
Old November 19, 2003, 15:33   #65
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
And for future reference you will continue to place a consolidated wish list in the "COS's Tent" after you have consolidated and verified the requests from the Front Commanders, is that correct?
Yeah. Priority, is, well, imagine the wish list being given to you in the middle of an enemy artillery barrage. Pick the places where you think there's priority. I hope Emu hurries up, I don't want this to look like I'm trying to sabotage his efforts.

Quote:
Thats interesting! I was quite a thespian in High School, I had over 600 hours before I graduated, then went to engineering school and "acted" like a drunk engineer.
600? Damn, I wish I came close to that. Unfortunately there weren't too many productions, but I must have some 300 or so hours. No. Wait. The play I directed has 100 hours at least (Jesus, that was hell).

I need to find a theatre group in uni now, desperately. I don't want to spend all my time reading anatomy books.
Old November 19, 2003, 15:37   #66
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:18
Cool. Not too much acting on my side, though I have done several parts on short notice due to my kind habit of having an excellent memory for lines.

Lots of debate though, and the best debators are also the best actors, since debators have to come up with arguments on the fly.
Old November 19, 2003, 15:47   #67
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
Lots of debate though, and the best debators are also the best actors, since debators have to come up with arguments on the fly.
I did three years of public speaking and debating, how I missed that when I moved onto the senior team where I hated the coach venally that I had to quit it.
Old November 19, 2003, 16:07   #68
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Yeah. Priority, is, well, imagine the wish list being given to you in the middle of an enemy artillery barrage. Pick the places where you think there's priority. I hope Emu hurries up, I don't want this to look like I'm trying to sabotage his efforts.
This has nothing to do with you or EMU, it has everything to do with the PM saying he would not delay turns beyond a certain time period, which:

1. I cant remember
2. I cant remember where it was posted.

And in case it was three days I just want to be ready, everyone was warned and we all know what will ahppen if the game doesn't move along. Its as simple and as fair as that

Ha Ha on the Artillery barage! BUT Im the guy who has actually commanded troops in a contingency, I always insisted upon proper reporting, its the only way the command can paint a picture of what is going on, its a pain but if done correctly then you get what you want when you want it

BTW 600 hours wasn't that tough over 4 years. That includes all the practices as well and any prep work we did to the stage, etc. I was an actor though, not much of a backstage or props guy. It has helped me immensely in the military, even when I was scarred $hitless (many a time) I always acted calm. It does wonders for the troops!
Old November 19, 2003, 16:19   #69
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen

And to ensure it stays on track, front commanders have a week from today to post. Fronts not done by November 20th will be played by the President or the Chief of Staff.

I expect minister's to post shortly after the fronts are played.
Well I found it and I stand corrected, the PM said a week and a week is today. But the last Front action was last sunday and the last Minister posted Monday

Not sure what shortly means. Mr. Pm we should further define that.

Thanks!
Old November 19, 2003, 16:56   #70
Dr. Nick
Deity

You were/are in the military? Or are you pulling my leg?

Old November 19, 2003, 17:08   #71
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 12:18
It means I am wondering what's holding up the defense minister? Is he negotiating with Arthedrain and El, or is he just not online.
Defense should be posted by tommorrow, otherwise one of my party hacks will play it.
Old November 19, 2003, 17:11   #72
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
I must admit, I am somewhat dissapointed at the slow rate of the game.
I'd agree with you in prefering a quicker rate, but I think it is not so bad after all....
Old November 19, 2003, 17:19   #73
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
You were/are in the military? Or are you pulling my leg?

No I have about 7 months to go and I have my 20 years in the reserves (7 years of active and almost 13 years of reserve service)

US NAVY Seabees, most of the time, but right now Im a staff puke and counting the days till I got my 20 in.

Commanding
Officer
Naval
Mobile
Construction
Battalion

Does that look familiar?
Old November 19, 2003, 17:58   #74
Dr. Nick
Deity

Why! It's that awful, inpronouncible, unrememberable handle, why yes.

At least now it makes sense.
Old November 19, 2003, 19:17   #75
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 14:18
Quote:
It means I am wondering what's holding up the defense minister? Is he negotiating with Arthedrain and El, or is he just not online.
Defense should be posted by tommorrow, otherwise one of my party hacks will play it.
Well me and Emu had a very short discussion. But that was days ago. I'm just waiting for my turn now so I can do my rushbuying etc etc :P
Old November 20, 2003, 15:54   #76
PinkyGen
Prince

At the end of the 20th, Poly time, the President is authorized to play for the Defense Minister. Keep in mind what El wants, but also talk to Arthedrain to see if he knows from his short conversation what he and Emu decided on.
Old November 20, 2003, 15:57   #77
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
At the end of the 20th, Poly time, the President is authorized to play for the Defense Minister. Keep in mind what El wants, but also talk to Arthedrain to see if he knows from his short conversation what he and Emu decided on.
Artedrain please PM me on anything that was discussed.

Also Mr PM are we planning on draining the treasury this turn as demanded by our front commanders?
Old November 20, 2003, 18:07   #78
Dr. Nick
Deity

Not all of it, and let the economic minister play his rush buy turn, con.
Old November 20, 2003, 19:27   #79
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Not all of it, and let the economic minister play his rush buy turn, con.
Agreed, Con, you just decide what is being built, not if any money goes towards it.
Old November 20, 2003, 19:41   #80
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

Agreed, Con, you just decide what is being built, not if any money goes towards it.
Ya Ya I know but Im working hand in hand with Econ, I need to let him know what I did and where to buy, and that becomes an easy solution when I know what the budget is.

You guys are acting like Im some kid or a d/l of panag or something.
Old November 21, 2003, 03:25   #81
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 15:18
I can only salute you, conmcb. What rank are you?
Old November 21, 2003, 03:28   #82
Az
Emperor

WTF is up? play that round.
Old November 21, 2003, 08:26   #83
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
I can only salute you, conmcb. What rank are you?
Commander, and Im not sure who the "play the round" comment is to, but I wanted to give EMU a chance to play last night, since he did not show, Ill play this morning. In a couple of hours after I get my kids to school.
Old November 21, 2003, 16:15   #84
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Immigrants Disbanded: 1 in Yehi'am, completing a WW1 artillery.

Requested Rushbuys: West Jerusalem (city fortifications), Eilat (machinegunners), Haifa (machinegunners), Sedom (machinegunners), Haderah (WW1 Artillery), Gesher (machinegunners), Beth-Shean (machinegunners) and if possible, Akko (macinegunners).
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1947dec_defence.sav (203.4 KB, 3 views)
Old November 21, 2003, 16:27   #85
Dr. Nick
Deity

THE TURN LOG!
Old November 21, 2003, 17:43   #86
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

what's the turn log?
Old November 21, 2003, 17:59   #87
PinkyGen
Prince

This, friends, is the turn log, though I don't know how to do the lines like El does.

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
Northern Front: (yaroslav) - DONE
Home Front: (Azazel) - DONE
South East (POTUS) - DONE
Sinai Front: (FiGu) - DONE
Immigration (Stalin II) - DONE
Defense (EmuGod) - DONE
Econ - (Arthedain) - Pending
COS part II (El Awerence) - Pending

When you post, mark done by your name, so we know what the status of the game.
Old November 21, 2003, 18:04   #88
yaroslav
Emperor

[strike_] text-to-be-striked [/striked_]

withouth the _
Old November 21, 2003, 22:12   #89
Dr. Nick
Deity

Does that work? I use "<>"
Old November 22, 2003, 07:27   #90
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Commander,
an O-5?!

I thought I am going to be high-ranking when I go to the army. (I can predict my rank pretty well, as it goes a lot by sheer time spent in the army, and I'll be joining the army for 6 years, while immidiately being sent into officer school. I'll end up a captain ( and army captain, that is)