Old November 26, 2000, 15:25   #1
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 06:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The North Star, etc
I'm working on restoring my website as best as possible. I need to find the FTP things I lost and I can begin work imediately.

As for the Art of War: same thing, though I don't think I'm up to maintaining the site anymore. It was a big mistake to make the forum a geopolitical one. I can retrieve the FTP things from this too, I hope, and if so, I may begin work on it once again.

Nat Turner has been cancelled. I am very, very disturbed and sad. When I returned from absence, my computer was down, and the hardrive had crashed. I had to purchase a completely new harddrive, and I had no backup of Nat Turner. Master on High had the map that I sent him to preview, and I have all the graphics from the prievews I posted, but the scenario file itself is gone (I had cities, roads, irrigation, units... all there, just needed events!). Months and months of hard work, vanished.

I will probably use my graphics from Nat Turner for other scenarios, so I still ask no one to use them for now.

I am also working on this other scenario that will take me a while. Its in 1820, and is in Europe. The map is a giga map of Europe that Master on High made for me (I have no experience in giga maps, and did not have time to draw an entirely new map, let alone a giga map). The map has over 240 cities. The main civilization is France, and the scenario is about the rebuilding of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars, up to, well, I haven't decided, but I'm thinking 1861, right before the American Civil War begins. This is the scenario the graphics were on. Nothing is official, but yes, I plan to finish it in the future with some help.

The Polarean Sci-Fi Space edition of units is also ready, but not posted yet. It will be posted far from now, whenever I finish my first fictional scenario (if ever). If not, I will post them soon.
Old November 29, 2000, 12:25   #2
master on high
King

I help you so much.
Old January 2, 2001, 03:19   #3
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 23:09
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Polaris: What happened to "The North Star"? Your web site seems to be MIA.
Old January 3, 2001, 03:32   #4
Cal
Prince

I'm sorry to hear that about the Nat Turner scenario, it sounded like a really great idea...

------------------
The strategically impaired,
-Cal
Old January 3, 2001, 19:38   #5
PolarisGL
King

Was a lot more than idea. Just ask master on high. I was actually almost done.