Old November 14, 2003, 15:03   #31
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 13:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
So, I sneaked next to the door, and when they were laughing I thought 'this is the moment, perfect!' and ripped the door open and shouted 'ANAL POLICE!'
They were just sitting in the sauna or doing else?

THAT would have been something
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old November 14, 2003, 17:26   #32
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 15:22
Unfortunately they were just sitting
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old November 14, 2003, 17:29   #33
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 08:22
Yes, but Pekka... I changed the course of my parents marriage, my siblings (and mine) religious instruction, hell, even where we went to school. Mine was that embarrassing.
Old November 14, 2003, 17:31   #34
Pekka
Emperor

That vomiting thing? That was funny, but must of been extremely embarrasing, like really really embarrasing.
Old November 14, 2003, 17:40   #35
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

To me it was embarrassing, to my parents it was mortifying. My step mother was quite the social climber who wanted to go to the right parties, lunch with the right ladies, and be on all the right boards - my father was actually on the PTA! ( if you know my dad).

All her friends were there (or so she claimed, and with the gossip circuit, they probably were). We pulled out of their school the following June (it was a Catholic school, 1st grade-12th), and we never went to church on anything approaching a regular basis from that day forward. Their marriage was rather hasty to begin with (he was a widower with 4 kids, recently relocated to Atlanta from Chicago (1,000 miles), she had 3 of her own and a lot of Southern Girl Charm) and this didn't help to seal the foundations - which was OK because she was quite the **** in private.
Old November 14, 2003, 17:53   #36
Pekka
Emperor

I understand this was extremely embarrasing to you, but I don't see why this was embarrasment to your parents or anyone else.
Old November 14, 2003, 18:25   #37
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Atlanta is a unique blend of Southern charm and grace and Capitalist meritocracy and politicking. My father was a up 'n coming mid-level executive at JC Penney (then the 2nd or 3rd largest retailer in the US), my stepmother was executive secretary to some big-whig executive at Kraft's southern headquarters. In this society, having your child projectile vomiting on the priest during one of the major religious ceremonies of your life just wasn't done, especially not in front of your friends whom you invited for the event.
Old November 14, 2003, 18:42   #38
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
Look at us! Take us out and let's run and play! We'll guard you and bite baddies! You can play with our ears too! We like master and master likes us!
A conjoined labrador
Old November 14, 2003, 19:20   #39
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by st_swithin
Where do you get your news from, Gangerolf?!?
I dunno, newspapers, radio, tv, internet, random hearsay
Old November 14, 2003, 19:28   #40
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Local Time: 12:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangerolf

I dunno, newspapers, radio, tv, internet, random hearsay
I'm just jealous - guess I don't get enough middle-aged-man-going-berserk-on-the-plane-wetting-himself stories where I live. It would make the news infinitely more watchable.
Old November 14, 2003, 19:45   #41
Gangerolf
Prince

I'm sure it happens everywhere though. I guess it's the combination of thin air, dutyfree alcohol and fear of flying.
Old November 14, 2003, 20:20   #42
Pekka
Emperor

Gangerolf, that's the strong Norwegian attitude! You can most likely guess we get those news too, from our own heroic citizens Every once in a while, there is headlines how our champions started really going nuts after LONG drinking.. mid air. It always ends up in a fight, it takes many people to calm them down, and police is waiting to get this good man to lock up.

Last time I remember plane doing actually landing in some other country and airfield, just to get that jerk off the plane, so they can feel safe about flying .

One thing combines them all. They are all middle aged, SUPER DRUNK, possibly drinking the whole vacation before that, they don't stop even when they are restricted by 2-3 plane workers, everyone in the plane is afraid of him AND getting their fair sum of attacks.

It most often starts when stewardness says 'no more alcohol for you sir'. That's when they go crazy ....
It's funny.. they always refuse to be calm. If nothing else, they keep shouting, no matter how long the flight time is.. and it's always just a matter of time when they get pinned down .

But your story is the best I've heard. Our heroes usually just attacks random passangers before they get submitted. Your hero at least wet himself, and was literally held down! .
Old November 14, 2003, 20:52   #43
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
It most often starts when stewardness says 'no more alcohol for you sir'. That's when they go crazy ....
Those stewardesses never learn do they.

And the "heroes" always insist that they're NOT drunk at all and NOT disturbing the other passengers

Quote:
Our heroes usually just attacks random passangers before they get submitted. Your hero at least wet himself, and was literally held down! .
Held down? he got tranquilised and bound & gagged!

this is my favourite part:
Quote:
The man told police he remembered nothing about the trip, except being fed like a baby by a stewardess at one point.
This guy was a bit on the extreme side though. A midair brawl never hurt anyone, but when you try to open the door at 30000 feet
Old November 14, 2003, 20:55   #44
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 06:22
one time (6th gradeish) i woke up late for school. . . actually my mom came in to my room and said wake up your late the bus is coming in a few minutes!) so i woke up dressed very rapidly, took a few bites of a bananna, and grabbed some shoes and ran out to the bus in just sock.

my brother is two years younger, but we've always been roughly the same size, and we wore the same size shoes at that time . . . and of course we had the same shoes (same looking i mean) and i had grabbed HIS left shoe, and MY left shoe. i didn't discover this until i was on the bus of course.

i called my mom once i got to school, but for the first two classes or so, i had to wear two left shoes. ha ha

-theonion.com
Old November 14, 2003, 21:02   #45
Pekka
Emperor

Gangerolf, that was my favourite part too .
Old November 14, 2003, 21:22   #46
Gangerolf
Prince

Here's similar, but not as dramatic, story. This one's from August.

all he wanted was a cigarette

Quote:
A Norwegian from Sunnmoere with an incredible blood alcohol level of 3.8 per thousand went berserk on a charter flight from Aalesund to Turkey last weekend. The flight turned into a nightmare for passengers and crew, newspaper Sunnmoersposten reports.

Blood alcohol levels at 3.0 per thousand are considered on average to be so severe that the drinker can lose bladder control and pass out.

Trouble broke out when the inebriated Norwegian tried in vain to convince crew that he needed a cigarette on the red-eye Sunday flight.

"Blood flowed," passenger Arild Hestholm told the newspaper, as the drunken man became violent. The pilot took the plane down alone, sending his co-pilot to help subdue the troublemaker.

Four people were needed to restrain the man during the descent and landing, and witnesses said the drunkard screamed like a stuck pig as he tried to escape from his seat.

He was arrested upon arrival but released the following day.

"He won't be allowed on the flight back out of consideration to the other passengers. We apologize profoundly for the episode to our other passengers," said marketing chief Geir Ove Golden of Detur Norway.
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...ticleID=599079
Old November 14, 2003, 21:28   #47
Pekka
Emperor

Is this N-European thing?