Old January 2, 2001, 10:39   #1
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 07:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The ultimate WW2 scenario idea...
OK guys, this is the idea:
[*]1945, battle of Berlin. The Soviets are advancing into the city. The goal, however is not to take and/or destroy the city, but to track down and capture governmental characters before they make it to an airplane that gets them out of the city.
It would look as following:
[*] In the early stages, you are in the outer circles (Köpenick, Wannsee, what do I know). Here, some of the unimportant officers are hidden together with defending forces. Capture (kill) them, so they can tell you of more important officers further inside the city (created via events after the unit is killed). The ultimate goal would be the capture of the Reichstag, and to capture (kill) Adolf and Goebbels before they can commit suicide.

Perhaps this is not historically accurate, but it is something new and exciting.

Anyone willing to do something like that??

------------------
Follow the masses!
30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
-George W. Bush

Shahan Shah Eran ud Aneran

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
Old January 2, 2001, 17:08   #2
MagyarCrusader

This would not be the ultimate WW2 scenario, only because you have to play as the communists...

Old January 3, 2001, 01:24   #3
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 07:09
That is a great idea. Similiar of what I once thought about for the entire Germany. I never really bothered to start the scenairo or anything else because I was to lazy to make new grafics and couldn't find the ones on the net. Tanks and airplanes are nice but there was no infantery and the other miscelaneous stuff.

The city setting looks very promising. Put the right people to it and it might well be a great scenario.

------------------
Mathias' Civ II Page
http://members.nbci.com/thalys
Old January 3, 2001, 02:58   #4
Cal
Prince

Local Time: 06:09
Oh, and what would the ultimate WWII scenario be then? Playing the Americans, as they run around France liberating all the cities?
Your comment seems to imply that a scenario is only good if played from a certain side...

I like this idea, maybe it could be in different parts, and if you didn't capture Hitler/Goebbels before the next part, you only find their remains instead?

------------------
The strategically impaired,
-Cal
Old January 3, 2001, 14:27   #5
klesh
King

Local Time: 02:09
quote:

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader on 01-02-2001 04:08 PM
This would not be the ultimate WW2 scenario, only because you have to play as the communists...

Yeah, you must really hate RedFront too then, huh?

------------------
I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
Großdeutschland!
Old January 7, 2001, 04:12   #6
MagyarCrusader

quote:

Oh, and what would the ultimate WWII scenario be then? Playing the Americans, as they run around France liberating all the cities?
Your comment seems to imply that a scenario is only good if played from a certain side...

Damn straight!

quote:

Yeah, you must really hate RedFront too then, huh?

Actually, I've played about 5 turns of Red Front, the original version. The scenario design is awesome, but I do not like the scenario. However, a verison playable as the Germans...

Old January 7, 2001, 04:43   #7
S_Palpatine
Settler

A playable version as the germans, I couldn't agree more .
Old January 7, 2001, 05:11   #8
Cal
Prince

Ok, you're just trying to start an argument now.

------------------
The strategically impaired,
-Cal
Old January 7, 2001, 11:28   #9
klesh
King

quote:

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader on 01-07-2001 03:12 AM
However, a verison playable as the Germans...

It just so happens that I have made a spin off of RedFront for play as the Germans....I call it OstFront. I won't even consider releasing it, because it's merely RF with events and unit stats changed, and a whole lot more troops for the Soviets.
I wouldn't want to publically butcher RF.

------------------
I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
Automatic Kleshnikov 2001
Old January 9, 2001, 22:27   #10
MagyarCrusader

Herr Field Marshal, that sounds very interesting! Why wouldn't you want to release it? Does Nemo approve? I think it would be great to play a German version of Red Front.

------------------
"There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
-Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
April 2, 1910

Old January 10, 2001, 17:19   #11
klesh
King

I wouldn't release it because it's just a cheap spin-off. Re-read my above post. All I really did was start RedFront, open the cheat menu, edit cities and units and terrain to give the Soviet some help. I edited the values of the units just to give the Soviet more defense, and weaked the German attack. I removed all the events that give Germant free units. I also deleted mass stacks of units that the German starts out with. I edited the text of the pop up windows only slightly... to make them sound like the German is the player instead of the Soviet. But I only had to do this for the 1st 2 events and rules .txt. The German can still beat the Soviet in under a dozen turns...even if he just throws the units at the Soivet. It is really just a Civ slugfest. Not a true scenario. You can do the things I did for my RF to your very own...it took only a few hours. I'm no designer...I'm not even snazzy when it comes to computers. I am just trying to learn by reverse engineering someone elses pieces.