Old November 15, 2003, 17:31   #1
Charion
Settler

Local Time: 12:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Creating new weapons?
I was wondering if it's possible to edit the units in order to create new kinds of missles. You know about the tectonic and fungal missles. What about creating a missle that leaves in it's wake lots of forests, or farms?
Old November 15, 2003, 21:00   #2
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
Hmmm, a benevolent missile! Thats a very new and inovative idea! I can't ever remember someone asking a question like this before!

Anyways, looking into the Alphax.txt file where the aforementioned items are defined, why I think these two items are fixed. And as far as trying to duplicate/ modify these areas, why I think they are hardcoded, meaning they can't be modified thru any of the modible text files. FYI.
Now, as far as misiles causing more havouc are concerned, why you can build Scud Missiles with Nerve Agents via the Alphax.txt file. I usually make them available with Retroviral Engineering. I've also built an ICBM with a range of up to 30 tiles/ turn. I'm still deciding where the best place in the tech chart is for this item.

D
Old November 16, 2003, 18:12   #3
Charion
Settler

Local Time: 12:33
Oh well.. worth a shot :P Thought it might help to quickly develope a recently settled continent.