Old November 26, 2003, 09:55   #31
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 14:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Uh Darsnan that does indeed sound like PIA . Otherwise I'm still waiting eagerly to start my first AC PBEM with you guys

- Paul Valery
Old November 26, 2003, 10:05   #32
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
So we have our five:

Googlie
Minute Mirage, as the University
Hercules
SmartFart, as Morgan
laurentius, as the Consciousness

(G.

Heah AgentSubversion,

per the above, why these are the 5 players currently in this game. However, I can list you as the first alternate for this game if someone in the future drops out.

To All,

I playtested the first version of this game last night. Will make modifications tonight and see if I can get some playtesting in tonight as well. I will then be OOT from Thursday till Saturday-ish.
Overall, this looks to be an exciting game, regardless of whether you decide to play with a tweaked Alphax.txt file or not!

D
Old November 26, 2003, 10:42   #33
AgentSubversion
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of Technology
Warlord

Local Time: 07:40
You know me, I could play 100 games and still want more.
Old November 30, 2003, 00:29   #34
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Uh Darsnan that does indeed sound like PIA . Otherwise I'm still waiting eagerly to start my first AC PBEM with you guys
Yeah, and the real pisser for me personally is that in RL why I am building a satelite (its where I got the idea for this game originally), and yet on an aside why I can't trick a silly little game into building a satelite for me!?!
Anyways, I've now run thru 3 iterations of the game, and am getting close to a very good formula for this game.
Essentially Planet has aged significantly in this game, and many of its lakes and shallow oceans have either dried up completely, or become shallow basins or swamplands. The two Citadels built by the original Progenitors, "Claws: Thrusting", and "Claws: Splayed", are still intact and performing their original duties as intended, and at this point in playtesting I am very tempted to give you all a birds eye view of the two Progenitors Factions at war with each other with what they have each recovered from their respective Arsenals (i.e. Battle Ogres of all capabilities all over the focused area!), however the results have been variable, so I'd like to keep it a secret at this time!
Anyways, before I proceed too much farther into this game, I'd like to ensure all players are still on board. When you get the chance, can the original players please post that they are still interested in this game, and that they either are interested in playing with a modified Alphax.txt, which would give them the satelite abilities I originally posted as being available in this game, or if they all want to play with an unmodified Alphax.txt, which would mean all satelite capabilities would remain in their original positions.

D

Last edited by Darsnan; November 30, 2003 at 00:34.
Old November 30, 2003, 02:22   #35
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
I'm still in. I can use the modified .txt (I have a parallel set of ac files in a partitioned drive, complete with its own terranx.exe and terran.exe files, .txt files, etc, so that's where I'll drop the modified alphax.txt file for this game, if we go with a modded txt)

(and if you wanted to give the Alien factions satellites, but not us, you could always give them the techs and oodles of credits, play just these 2 factions until the desired # satellites are up, then reset the time to 2100 and remove the techs, then place the human-controled factions into the map.

Not quite the same as giving us access to early satellites, but a decent alternative .......)

G.
Old November 30, 2003, 06:52   #36
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

I am also interested,modified rules.txt or not.
Old November 30, 2003, 07:42   #37
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

I'm still in. However, I'm not too fond of the idea of constantly switching the alphax.txt files, and I don't have room for another install of SMAX. What would be the effect if one forgot to use your file for some turns?
Old December 3, 2003, 11:19   #38
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

I will begin playtesting the 8th (and probably final) iteration of the game tonight. The "formula" for the game is now just about right.

Quote:
Originally posted by Minute Mirage
I'm still in. However, I'm not too fond of the idea of constantly switching the alphax.txt files, and I don't have room for another install of SMAX. What would be the effect if one forgot to use your file for some turns?
No one would actually need to load the modified Alphax.txt file until around the time SFF is discovered, as long as everybody agrees not to build units with the Nerve Gas capability. By then loading the modified file when SFF is discovered, would allow the Aliens, if they discover Doc: AP first, to start building satelites on their turn. I will also set it up such that the Aliens follow Googlie and someone else who doesn't mind constantly reloading the modified file after SFF is discovered.
Anyways, barring any unforseen events, the game should be ready by this weekend, and it looks to be a real struggle to overcome the Aliens in this one!

D
Old December 3, 2003, 18:07   #39
AgentSubversion
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of Technology
Warlord

Local Time: 07:40
Mmmmm
Most of the games i'm in are going too well for me.
I've yanked every SP so far in my one on one. I need a challenge.
Sounds tasty
Old December 3, 2003, 19:09   #40
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSubversion
Mmmmm
Most of the games i'm in are going too well for me.
I've yanked every SP so far in my one on one. I need a challenge.
Sounds tasty
Your H2H is next up in my queue after I get this monster done. Woeking name for this one will be "C. A. W.", which I'll explain more of later.
If I could find my old "King of the Hill" Scenario, I'd send that to you, but unfortunately the link for that seems to have been deleted, and I don't have the final version anymore....

D
Old December 5, 2003, 10:52   #41
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Barring any unforseen complication/ RL issues, this game will be completed by Saturday evening my time at the latest. If you have a password preference, please PM it to me. Also, to take advantage of the timezones, I plan on the following rotation:

Googlie (pst)
Conquerer Maar
Guardian Hmneee
Minute Mirage (Europe)
Hercules (Europe)
Smartfart (Europe?)
Laurentius (Europe?)

Please let me know if this is not correct, so that I can update if necessary.
This should be a very interesting game: the Aliens should remain a viable factor much deeper into the game, and with the caveate that if either Alien is able to summon their Battle Fleet (meaning a draw for all humans), why it should add significantly to the intrigue!
The turn tracking thread name I am tentatively planning on using is "Last Sentient Standing", unless someone wants something different.
After this, me and my SuperterrorFormers are off to build AgentSubversion's H2H "C.A.W.".

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 5, 2003, 12:45   #42
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
Game name is fine by me - I've e-mailed you my password preference

(But I think that the AI factions automatically go last in a scenario'd PBEM regardless of the order they are set up in the faction list - after you have clicked "yes" to the "add another human player" you are left with the 2 AI's. Let me know how you got round this if indeed you are successful in getting them placed second and third)

Googlie
Old December 7, 2003, 10:07   #43
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, the only thing I am still lacking is laurentius telling me waht free tech he wants for his Uni's. As soon as I get that, the game will commence. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old December 7, 2003, 10:54   #44
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Actually laurentius has the CyCon, while I'm playing Uni. I'll take Centauri Ecology as my free tech.
Old December 7, 2003, 19:39   #45
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

OK, thanx for correcting me on this (reason I confused laurentius with the Uni's was because the graphics were transposed during my playtesting).

Turn has been sent to Googlie. Thread is located here . FYI.

D