Old January 28, 2004, 10:59   #481
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Are you after BG1? Try Amazon's used games sections - I remember seeing it a few days ago (looking for PS:T, which is now in the post )

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 28, 2004, 11:19   #482
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 08:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

What's this "return to the game" ? I never leave.

-Jam

Old January 28, 2004, 11:29   #483
lord of the mark
Deity

ok so i come back to the game (yeah i know )

I go looking in the iron throne for
Spoiler:
that lady tamoko told me about]
well guess what, i cant find her. Maybe i killed her earlier, and dont remember. The journal doesnt record everyone ive killed, and I doubt that her death will be recorded there. maybe i can still pick up the
Spoiler:
diary. But where is it?

This part of the game is starting to get like - dare I say it - Myst

I mean ive got to do the right puzzles in the right order (well at least their plot driven and make sense and are not totally arbitrary). But the most annoying thing is how poorly documented they are - I DO NOT want to have to keep a pencil and paper nearby, and record things in that - (which is what I find annoying about Myst)

And sorry, RL does call, and I cant play every night. Now in a TBS game I can generally look things over and get a sense of the position and what needs to be done from the info the interface makes available to me. At most i may have forgotten things like enemy units that have disappeared into the fog of war, some diplo nuances, whatever. Not stuff essential at a basic level. Seems like playing RPG's, at least ones with this interface, requires a more serious time commitment.

Do we have a word (analagous to sunday gamer) for someone who needs to take multiday breaks from gameplaying???
Old January 28, 2004, 11:58   #484
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 13:41
Quote:
Are you after BG1? Try Amazon's used games sections - I remember seeing it a few days ago (looking for PS:T, which is now in the post )

-Jam
There are two copies, second-hand, and they're trying to sell them for £14 and £16.
There is no way that I'd pay that unless postage were included - which it isn't.
Old January 28, 2004, 12:06   #485
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Ah, the summer before I wnt to university... I had such a beautiful girlfriend - looked like Heidi Klum - and two days after getting to the Uni, she let me know that she'd just got engaged to some **** called Gary Women, eh?
That soudns awful! She ust got engaged to someone else while you were together? I really hope that doesn't happen to me Though I can see the resemblance to Heidi Klum I really am a lucky boy

Quote:
Give me IE games and SMAC instead... Oh, and Mrs Jamski of course Nearly forgot
Hehe

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 28, 2004, 12:41   #486
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 05:41
Quote:
Originally posted by lord of the mark
ok so i come back to the game (yeah i know )

I go looking in the iron throne for
Spoiler:
that lady tamoko told me about]
well guess what, i cant find her. Maybe i killed her earlier, and dont remember. The journal doesnt record everyone ive killed, and I doubt that her death will be recorded there. maybe i can still pick up the
Spoiler:
diary. But where is it?

LOTM, this is a straight up spoiler so only read if you absolutely want/need to know where she is.

Spoiler:
You can find her on the top floor of the Iron Throne, towards the back room from where the big battle took place earlier(she retuned to the IT after the battle took place).
Old January 28, 2004, 17:20   #487
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
There are two copies, second-hand, and they're trying to sell them for £14 and £16.
There is no way that I'd pay that unless postage were included - which it isn't.
You'd be a fool not to. It won't get any cheaper over time. Some games are turning into colllectors items, and there's a real market for them. Untill SMAX was rereleased last month, it was selling for $90+ on Ebay.

I got IWD1 for 40 euros - second hand - with both expansions and thought that was a good deal. PS:T, on its way right now, is costing me more than I like to say (Mrs Jamski might see this) but these games are seriously worth the money. A new game costs 40-50 euros and might suck arse. IE games are always good. Join my religion for free.

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 17:52   #488
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by centrifuge

LOTM, this is a straight up spoiler so only read if you absolutely want/need to know where she is.

Spoiler:
You can find her on the top floor of the Iron Throne, towards the back room from where the big battle took place earlier(she retuned to the IT after the battle took place).
Im sure i looked there but i'll try again.

thanks in any case.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:15   #489
Jamski
Deity

If not you can use the CULA console to "debug" her in. Want me to find the code for her?

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 03:58   #490
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by duke o' york
Damn!
Some cheeky monkey has outbid me on ebay, and I'm not going to fork out loads of cash for a game that's (a)second hand, and (b) years old.
Oh well, back to the search screen.
where do you live? you don't have large electronics stores with bargain bins? BG1 come packaged with BG2 in some configurations. I have seen several at Fry's electronics. It was $10 U.S.

I bought BG1 but my disc doesn't work anymore . The same thing happened with my brother's discs. I reached baldur's gate city, but I uninstalled the game, and cannot reinstall it

Also I saw Planescape: Torment at Walmart bargain bin for $10 packeged with another game. It is also at Fry's electronics for $10 U.S. Now finding it in german could be a bit tougher
Old January 29, 2004, 04:20   #491
Jamski
Deity

Don't worry Diss, I have the English version in the mail Finally my collection of IE games will be complete.

(Apart from TotSC, but that's hardly a "game")

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 04:21   #492
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

Also I saw Planescape: Torment at Walmart bargain bin for $10 packeged with another game. It is also at Fry's electronics for $10 U.S. Now finding it in german could be a bit tougher
I'd grab up a couple of copies if I was you, they are selling for good prices on Ebay
Old January 29, 2004, 05:55   #493
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 13:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

where do you live?
Quote:
Originally posted by me

Er......

Jamski, the trouble with just going to buy it like that is that I haven't been round any games shops yet, and I'd prefer to look there first. I'll maybe have a peek this weekend and might buy it from Amazon on Monday iff I can't find anything. I have also put in another ebay bid, so I'll have to see how that goes too.
Do I get any decent robes for joining your religion? What are the level 1 spells like?

Quote:

PS:T is costing me more than I like to say (Mrs Jamski might see this).
Old January 29, 2004, 07:07   #494
Jamski
Deity

You get Robes of Jamski +5
Armour class reduced to -20
Permanant Improved Haste when equipped.
STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS & CHA all set to 25
Permanant Timestop when equipped.

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 11:05   #495
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
If not you can use the CULA console to "debug" her in. Want me to find the code for her?

-Jam
never mind, found the required item on Minsc when i resurrected him, apparently he died in the same fight where we killed the lady in question, and somehow ended up with the item (is that why all his "stuff "
disappeared?)
Old January 29, 2004, 15:06   #496
Jamski
Deity

Sounds like a bug to me. When he dies all his stuff falls on the floor...

Ah - but sometimes quest items aren't picked up, but given to the party. I suppose you had Minsc in the #1 slot? In that case the item was given to him, but he was "greyed out" so you couldn't get the item off him.

Sure.

I just finished ToB again today, and took the "nice human" option. This was with my "love birds" party with the mod for multiple romances, and I couldn't leave my 4 lovers and Keldorn behind

Very funny reading the epilogues where I head off into the sunset with 4 different people

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 07:45   #497
Jamski
Deity

PS:T has arrived. Goodbye world.

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 14:06   #498
Bonaparte
Warlord

Local Time: 07:41
I played PS:T got bored and uninstalled it...there wasn't enough action in it, but heck if you like it great...I just didn't.
Old January 30, 2004, 14:26   #499
lord of the mark
Deity

i have hardly played the last few days. Hope to get back to it some time this weekend

Need to go back to Silvershield estate, and undertake the quest that will make movement around BG city easier (now that ive got Minsc back for heavy lifting will be easier) Then hunt around shops for "stuff" for Minsc. Then try the ducal palace again.

BTW, theres no "pouncing" in BG, is there?

Time for a new BG thread?
Old January 30, 2004, 14:41   #500
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Time for a new BG thread?
Do the honours LotM

And I'm not sure what you mean by "pouncing"

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 14:49   #501
lord of the mark
Deity

well of course what I meant was any physical action towards an NPC that would be called pouncing by the interface - or something like that.

Apparently though some lowlife posters use it to mean deliberately posting a word like "pounce" when a forum (or thread?) reaches one less than some nice round number. IIUC this is frowned on by the moderators - so lets none of us do it please
Old January 30, 2004, 15:15   #502
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

lord of the mark,
We've hit the 500 mark on this one, So I'm closing it.
Please feel free to start a new one and I'll post a link to it in this thread.

Thanks.
Old January 30, 2004, 17:41   #503
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

New thread

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107585