Old November 17, 2003, 18:01   #1
pauli
Prince

Local Time: 08:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
a few simple questions about c3c...
a: are units in armies upgradable now, or does that still require using the multitool?

b: i'm playing the portugese. i've got a galley sailing around the edge of pangaea (hey, he's got five movement points, might as well go for it). i have the great lighthouse, but not astronomy. is the ship in any danger at sea (the pedia is not as clear as it should be)? what about ocean? anyone willing and able to make a small chart of chances of being lost under different combos?

c: one that never got answered when i asked in the bug thread: if i modify the game rules for, say, larger map sizes, will i still get a palace and city view?
Old November 17, 2003, 18:03   #2
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 14:42
a: the multitool does not work with C3C saves, so you can't use that at least
Old November 17, 2003, 18:12   #3
pauli
Prince

well yeah, but i'm figuring you'll fix it! (i take it you got my error report...)
Old November 17, 2003, 19:39   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Without Astro tech your galley can not safely sail in ocean tiles. If your are seafaring you have an increased chance of survivial when out range of land.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2003, 20:08   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:42
You need Navigation or Magnetism for your ships to safely sail on Ocean tiles.

You are perfectly safe on Sea tiles with the Great Lighthouse or Astronomy.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2003, 21:32   #6
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:42
c. as long as you don't play a scenario you can have the palace and aerial views. so if you want to edit the rules and still be able to play with palace and aerial views you need to save the rules under the main biq file instead of as a scenario. i think this is a dumb rule considering that a lot of people play scenarios not as scenarios per se but modded games. the palace and aerial views should be available for scenarios, but they're not.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
TechWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2003, 02:19   #7
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 14:42
Quote:
Originally posted by pauli
well yeah, but i'm figuring you'll fix it! (i take it you got my error report...)
Not before I have time to play with C3C myself. Finding the changes in the savefile format requires more input than one static save file with almost no specifications...