Old August 17, 2004, 20:51   #361
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Finally got the password. Save to Cap'n Rhoth
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2004, 21:06   #362
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
1725bc to Togas
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2004, 13:14   #363
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

If this game ever gets off the ground again, I think I'd like to be replaced. Don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I really hate being a part of games that don't move along at a quick rate...and this one doesn't.

If it gets going again, just have the replacement PM me for the password...or have the admin just change it.

Sorry guys.
Old August 24, 2004, 14:53   #364
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
If this game ever gets off the ground again, I think I'd like to be replaced. Don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I really hate being a part of games that don't move along at a quick rate...and this one doesn't.

If it gets going again, just have the replacement PM me for the password...or have the admin just change it.

Sorry guys.
It's because of E_T and Hurricane Charley.

If E_T finds more time, it should pick back up. But if you want quit while IN FIRST PLACE, I suppose that's your right.
Old August 24, 2004, 15:09   #365
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
It's because of E_T and Hurricane Charley.

If E_T finds more time, it should pick back up. But if you want quit while IN FIRST PLACE, I suppose that's your right.
I just get tired of PBEMs that don't move. This isn't the first time it has stopped completely for several weeks at a time. This has happened at least three or four times where the wait between turns is upwards of 20 days or more.

It's no coincidence that my favorite PBEMs are Grand Passage which has been running at a pace of almost a turn a day, and Mesopotamia which is close on it's heels. Both of those had a few fits and the requisite drop-off for vacations, etc., but neither has had the sheer amount of down-time that this game or the two Age of Discovery games I was in at MZO have had.

I certainly recognize that not everyone can always play their turns the same day they get the save (and in this current case E_T certainly has an excuse with Hurricane Charley), but I'm one of those players that tries to play his PBEMs as soon as possible without fail. If not everyone in a PBEM can make that commitment to the game on at least a "most-of-the-time" basis, then I'd rather not be a part of the PBEM.
Old August 30, 2004, 15:34   #366
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 08:44
If this gets moving ever again I said I would take over from MZ... email *name* at mzocentral.net
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2004, 03:51   #367
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Cool Panzer. We'll keep you in mind when it does start to move.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2004, 22:34   #368
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Hurricanes Charley, Francis and now Jeanne. I was also away from home for 2 weeks, working some of the clean-up, after Francis, in South Florida. I'm sorry about the delay, but this is the first time, since Charley (6 weeks now) that I've even gotten around to firing up and playing any civ at all.

FAM 4, ISDG #1, Seafaring, Arrakis & Tournament #4 all sent off.

Now to go hide from Jeanne....

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2004, 23:53   #369
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

I think we understand, E_T. It's still making headlines halfway around the world.

Just stay safe.

Old October 1, 2004, 03:56   #370
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Master Zen is being replaced with Panzer32. Save sent to him, with CC's to all other players.

E_T
Old October 1, 2004, 04:09   #371
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

I just get tired of PBEMs that don't move. This isn't the first time it has stopped completely for several weeks at a time. This has happened at least three or four times where the wait between turns is upwards of 20 days or more.

It's no coincidence that my favorite PBEMs are Grand Passage which has been running at a pace of almost a turn a day, and Mesopotamia which is close on it's heels. Both of those had a few fits and the requisite drop-off for vacations, etc., but neither has had the sheer amount of down-time that this game or the two Age of Discovery games I was in at MZO have had.

I certainly recognize that not everyone can always play their turns the same day they get the save (and in this current case E_T certainly has an excuse with Hurricane Charley), but I'm one of those players that tries to play his PBEMs as soon as possible without fail. If not everyone in a PBEM can make that commitment to the game on at least a "most-of-the-time" basis, then I'd rather not be a part of the PBEM.
I was without power for 1 whole week, after Charley. Then I was suffering from Depression, from not having a job and my ex-DP (of 8 1/2 years) moving out right before Charley (and having to go and hide from it at his new place, ne less. Same with Francis). Then getting a job that was working 12+ hours, cleaning up after Charley. Then Francis, where I was again without power for 6 days (of which, I was packing to go to South Florida with no AC on the last of those days and Francis was a 2 day + storm...). Then spending more than 2 weeks near Fort Lauderdale with the clean-up down there (I did get to have a little bit of fun down there, as that area has a large Gay Community ). And getting back just in time to get ready for Jeanne.....

To say that it's been interesting is an understatement.....

Anyways Rhoth, I hope that you do reconsider continuing to play this game, it's just now getting fairly interesting, IMHO.

E_T
Old October 1, 2004, 15:43   #372
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

sent to Arnelos
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old October 1, 2004, 16:37   #373
Arnelos
Emperor

So uh... who was replacing Rhothaerill again? I sorta need to know who to send the save to.
Old October 3, 2004, 13:07   #374
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
So uh... who was replacing Rhothaerill again? I sorta need to know who to send the save to.
Go ahead and send to me. I decided to stay and play.
Old October 3, 2004, 14:39   #375
Arnelos
Emperor

to Cap'n Rhoth
Old October 3, 2004, 21:39   #376
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

1700bc to Togas
Old October 22, 2004, 18:48   #377
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Whatever happened with this game? I thought it was about to start up again and it died after a turn.
Old October 22, 2004, 19:05   #378
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I THINK the game is with E_T again (I'd have sent it there). He said he'd be away for a couple of weeks. Again, I wonder whether we should find out if we should replace him or not. He said he wanted to continue in it, but he hasn't been back since

Old October 23, 2004, 02:39   #379
Panzer32
Emperor

yeah, E_T got a job or something cleaning hurricane damage. He was back for a couple days but then said he'd be away for 2 more weeks. I guess its been about that or more...
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 16, 2004, 18:29   #380
Arnelos
Emperor

We probably need to replace E_T. Suggestions?
Old November 17, 2004, 01:28   #381
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Paddy? Aqualung?

Old November 17, 2004, 02:19   #382
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

The only problem is that E_T is the only one who has both his password and the admin password. Unless we can get hold of him somehow then this game won't move on.
Old December 20, 2004, 11:43   #383
Panzer32
Emperor

E_T appears to be back, at least for a bit. Sent to Arnelos.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 24, 2004, 21:55   #384
E_T
Emperor

I can still be reached, via e-mail.... But then, I sometimes don't even get a chance to look at it, but I do look at it whenever I can. Plus, Poly e-mails me when I get a PM.

E_T