Old November 19, 2003, 02:12   #1
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
SUPREME PEOPLE'S COURT: Case I
The Central Continuing Committee requests that the Supreme People’s Court take on the matter of investigating and ruling on the matter of the coup. The CCC requests that the Supreme People’s Court appropriate punishment for the individuals responsible for the attempted coup d’etat.

The Central Continuing Committee accuses Deputy Chairman Jamski of counter-revolutionary activity, his involvement was clear enough. The CCC requests that the courts investigate and prosecute all those who aided the Deputy Chairman in his activities.

--Central Continuing Committee
Old November 19, 2003, 02:27   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:48
The Chairman has asked me to head the commission of this investigation. I will appoint two other judges to fill the seats of the Supreme People's Court. I hereby ask the honorable Hive citizens please present your nominations. Yes you can nominate yourself.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 02:33   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 12:48
I nominate myself, as your diety
Old November 19, 2003, 02:35   #4
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I submit my own nomination to the honorable Comrade HongHu.
Old November 19, 2003, 05:34   #5
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

I also propose that I be nominated for a judge.
and then refusing to decide
Old November 19, 2003, 05:51   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Do I get a reduction of sentence if I plead guilty, with mitigating circumstances?

(Or should I get my own court and put the chairman on trial )

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 19, 2003, 11:10   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

The Supreme People's Court of the Human Hive
In the matter of People of the Human Hive vs. the Jamski Counter-Revolutionary Movement
Case No. 2145-0001

ORDER CONCERNING APPOINTMENT OF JUDGES, DIRECTING APPLICATIONS TO INTERVENE AND ESTABLISHING PROCEDURAL SCHEDULE

It is hereby ordered:

1. That Comrade Octavian X and Lord Comrade Tassadar are appointed to serve as the judges in this case. Any objections should be raised within the next 24 metric hours.

2. That any proper person or entity desiring to intervene in this matter shall file an application with the court within 24 metric hours. The state must appoint a comrade to serve as the prosecution attorney. Jamski is allowed to hire a defense attorney. In the case that Jamski fail to find a comrade that will willingly represents him, the Court will appoint Comrade Vander as the defense attorney.

3. That the following procedural schedule is adopted:
Opening Statement of the State
Opening Statement of the Defense
Questioning of the witnesses by the Prosecution
Questioning of the witnesses by the Defense
Cross Questioning
Questioning from the bench
Closing Statement of the State
Closing Statement of the Defense

The opening statements and closing statements should be filed with the court in this thread. The court asks if there is any interest in live court through MSN for the questioning portion of the case. If the interests are insufficient the stage of questioning will also be held in this thread. Any outside witness (Kody) statements shall be obtained by the responsible party ahead of time and file as evidence here in the court.

Any questions about the procedural schedule should be directed to Judge HongHu within 24 metric hours.

4. That Comrade Vev is appointed as administrative judge to oversee the undergoing of the investigation of this case. Comrade Vev’s duty includes making sure all parties receive the notices of the court, present at the court, and follow the procedural schedule.

By authority of the state of Human Hive

Comrade HongHu
Supreme People’s Court Judge

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; November 19, 2003 at 22:34.
Old November 19, 2003, 11:19   #8
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Do I get a reduction of sentence if I plead guilty, with mitigating circumstances?

-Jam
Plea agreement is allowed to be properly negotiated through your attorney, Comrade Jamski.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 12:11   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'm hoping Comrade Micha will fill that role for me. Otherwise I shall represent my self with pride.

-Jam
Old November 19, 2003, 13:34   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
TO: Supreme People’s Court

The CCC will abide by the entire procedural matters set fort by the court, and will also abide by the courts final verdict on the case itself.

As per Article 5a Section 2 Subsection A Paragraph 5 of the Constitution the Central Continuing Committee formally approves the appointments of the magistrates to the Supreme People’s Court by Head Magistrate HongHu.
Old November 19, 2003, 18:33   #11
Jamski
Deity

My coup government doesn't recognise the old constitution.

-Jam
Old November 19, 2003, 19:00   #12
Snowflake
Princess

I thought you were gonna plea guilty.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 20:39   #13
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

You are being tried under the guidelines of the constitution of the government which is prosecuting you, Jamski.

As a small technical note, Honorable Comrade HongHu, should not the case be called 'The People of the Human Hive vs. the Jamski Counter-Revolutionary Movement?' For one, the glourious state of the Human Hive is representative of the people, who demand that this trial take place. Two, records clearly indicate a second person joined the movement, though this person has yet to be found.
Old November 19, 2003, 21:22   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

This is incorrect. During the attempted coup attempt, Vander did side with Jamski.
This constitutes a counter-revolutionary attempt at indirectly overthrowing the government by supporting the coup.

However this case is against Jamski and not Vander. Please leave all other speculations out of this thread.
Old November 19, 2003, 21:37   #15
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
My coup government doesn't recognise the old constitution.

-Jam
Yes, but your coup failed.
Old November 19, 2003, 21:40   #16
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
This is incorrect. During the attempted coup attempt, Vander did side with Jamski.
This constitutes a counter-revolutionary attempt at indirectly overthrowing the government by supporting the coup.

However this case is against Jamski and not Vander. Please leave all other speculations out of this thread.
The initial request from the CCC to the Courts which brought about the case stipulated that the court investigate and prosecute individuals involved in the coup, this can be taken to imply individuals which supported the coup attempt. Under this interpretation whoever aided and abided Jamski in his coup attempt can be liable under the law. But the matter remains up to Magistrate HongHu to rule upon.
Old November 19, 2003, 22:28   #17
Snowflake
Princess

The style of the case will be modified reflecting Judge Octavian X's suggestion. The court will await for the openning statement and evidence presented by the prosecution and the defense. Each individual that the prosecution states having been involved in the case will be individually tried in this case.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 22:41   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Judge HongHu reminds the parties that they still need to file for intervention (i.e. find an attorney who will state that he is the representative of whichever side in this thread).

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 00:15   #19
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 22:48
The state wishes to bring in evidence for ... oops wrong trial. Requesting permission to dispose of crippling evidence for good.
Old November 20, 2003, 01:18   #20
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Vev, please state so if you are going to act as the prosecution attorney.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 04:46   #21
Jamski
Deity

I shall represent myself. I await the opening statement from the prosecution.

-Jam
Old November 20, 2003, 10:15   #22
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:48
Sorry Jam, but I cannot defend you here. I lack the juristical knowledge and I do think you´re guilty as the devil himself and that we should set a warning example here ...
Old November 20, 2003, 10:56   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Anybody's going to defend Vander in the case that the state decides to press charge against him also?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 11:23   #24
Snowflake
Princess

The court is now in session. Counsels, please present your opening statement and present your witness for questioning. If the state is not prepared to present its opening statement in this moment, we will start with the defense side. The prosecution has 24 metric hours to come up with a legal representative. After 24 metric hours the court will deem the prosecution has relinquished its right to opening statement and proceed to questioning of the witness. The court will stipulate only on evidences that are presented in the court.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 20, 2003, 18:16   #25
Jamski
Deity

I will save my defense speech till I know what points I have to defend, if that's OK.

-Jam
Old November 20, 2003, 18:20   #26
Snowflake
Princess

The court accepts the defense counsel's argument. Just bear in mind 24 metric hours after when the court was in session the court will proceed to the next step.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 01:12   #27
Voltaire
King

In the matter of:
the People of the Human Hive
Vs.
Comrade Citizen Jamski

Comrade Citizen Jamski has been charged with sabotage of the socialist system (Article 1, Section 2, Constitution of the People of the Human Hive), violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.), violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with public office and the maintenance of the Constitution of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.), high treason against the State of the People of the Human Hive via attempted overthrow of the legitimate government of the People, high treason against the People of the Human Hive for attempted overthrow of the State of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with power by the People, betray of the sacrosanct trust of the People in their government, actions resulting in harm to the People of the Human Hive during the attempted coup, contravening government orders, et al.

The Central Continuing Committee of the People of the Human Hive, acting on behalf of the People of the Human Hive as their voice, bring about the aforementioned charges against Comrade Citizen Jamski for his treasonous actions. The Central Continuing Committee of the People of the Human Hive turns this matter over to the Supreme People’s Court for arbitration. The People reserve the right to bring about charged against Comrade Citizen Jamski in posterum.

-People’s Provisional Prosecutor [appointed by the CCC until such a time as the Supreme People’s Court appoints an official Prosecutor]-
Old November 21, 2003, 05:50   #28
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Comrade Citizen Jamski has been charged with sabotage of the socialist system (Article 1, Section 2, Constitution of the People of the Human Hive),
The socialist system proclaims the equality of all mankind. I demonstrated my equality with the chairman, and also acted in defense of the socialist system in initating war against the capitalist pigdog Data Angels.

Quote:
violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.), violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with public office and the maintenance of the Constitution of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.),
As Deputy Chairman, my role is to fill in for the Chairman while he is away. I defended the people from the dictaorship of the millitary, as represented by the Marshal, and this is called violation of the law? If this is the case, then the law is at fault.

Quote:
high treason against the State of the People of the Human Hive via attempted overthrow of the legitimate government of the People,
I could not be responisble for the overthrow of the government. As the Dep.Chair I am the government in the absence of the chairman, or any other member of the CCCP, as was the case. I was simply doing my duty.

Quote:
high treason against the People of the Human Hive for attempted overthrow of the State of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with power by the People, betray of the sacrosanct trust of the People in their government, actions resulting in harm to the People of the Human Hive during the attempted coup,
Compare and contrast with the chairman's attempts to hire the counter-revolutionary Kody as a consultant. This is betrayal of the Human Hive, letting our course be governed by one who has left our brotherhood of comradeship for the world of capital.

Quote:
contravening government orders, et al.
As stated before, I was the government, by virtue of the absense of all other party members, and my position as Deputy Chairman, so how could I contravene my own orders?

I rest my case (or whatever they say)

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 11:08   #29
Snowflake
Princess

We are now going to proceed into questioning of the witnesses. To speedy up the trial, we'll do questioning from the parties and questioning from the bench in the same time.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 11:09   #30
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski, do you swear that you'll tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth?

Grapefruit Garden