Old November 21, 2003, 11:16   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
/me puts one hand on the Conclave Bible *

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me Googliegod.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 21, 2003, 11:20   #32
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:48
Ok the witness is sweared in and open for questioning.

I'm going to begin with some of my own questions.

Jamski, why did you attempt to overthrow the Chairman?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 11:21   #33
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:48
Quote:
Compare and contrast with the chairman's attempts to hire the counter-revolutionary Kody as a consultant. This is betrayal of the Human Hive, letting our course be governed by one who has left our brotherhood of comradeship for the world of capital.
"Are you saying Comrade Kody, father of the Hiverian industry, founder of the world leadership of our glorious community and hero to the masses, currently operating in diguise amongst the capitalist pig-dogs of a place codenamed "Down under" to investigate the habits of our future enemies on the battlefield, this superb person was a counter-revolutionist???" shouts a furious Comrade from the bench, disrupting the oath procedure and immediately calmed by the present Crimson Guards.
Old November 21, 2003, 11:26   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Judge HongHu: Parties who intend to intervene must step forward and state so in the court. Then you can proceed to question the witness.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 13:18   #35
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Jamski, why did you attempt to overthrow the Chairman?
Objection, your honour!

This question assumes that there WAS a chairman to overthrow at the time. I simply assumed his function in his absence under the assumption that he would not ever return.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 13:22   #36
Snowflake
Princess

Overruled. There is no evidence that the Chairman has been absent from his office. Witness must answer the question.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 13:27   #37
Jamski
Deity

Please may I show you this document :

/me hands a copy of the forum-post-record to the court *

It clearly indicates a criminal absense of the chairman.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 13:36   #38
Snowflake
Princess

* Judge HongHu flips through the record and then hand it to the other judges.

Hmmm you may have a point there. Let me change my questions:

When did you start to plan the coup?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 13:39   #39
Jamski
Deity

The coup was never planned. It was entirely spontanious.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 13:42   #40
Snowflake
Princess

Why did you spontaniously decide that a coup is needed?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 13:48   #41
Jamski
Deity

Because someone must be in control of the Hive, to give instructions on a yearly basis. It was my responsibilty as Deputy Chairman to fill the position.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 13:53   #42
Snowflake
Princess

What makes you feel that you cannot effectively give instructions at the position of the deputy chairman? You simply see this as an opportunity for you to seize control of the party, isn't it true?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 13:57   #43
Jamski
Deity

I considered that the constitution demands that the position of Chairman be occupied in order to function. At the time control of the party was not an aim of mine.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 14:02   #44
Snowflake
Princess

Does the constitution demands a coup must happen in time of absense of a Hive official? Doesn't the constitution provide ways to elect and replace officials?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 14:42   #45
Snowflake
Princess

Ok here's a list of questions I want the witness to answer:

What have you done during the period of the unsuccessful coup?

Were you aware that the Hive's outside consultant Comrade Kody was also doing the turn in the same time?

If yes, why did you decide you should discard Comrade's Kody's effort and proceed with your coup and turn?

If no, have you read the post from Comrade Kody in the turn tracking thread that indicated that he was planning to do the turn?

What is the consequence of your actions during the unsuccessful coup?

What punishment do you believe you deserve?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 14:52   #46
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
What have you done during the period of the unsuccessful coup?
I have played the turn, and posted it on to the university to the best of my abilities.

Quote:
Were you aware that the Hive's outside consultant Comrade Kody was also doing the turn in the same time?
No.

Quote:
If yes, why did you decide you should discard Comrade's Kody's effort and proceed with your coup and turn?
No.

Quote:
If no, have you read the post from Comrade Kody in the turn tracking thread that indicated that he was planning to do the turn?
No, I read the post that SOMEONE should play the turn. I did so.

Quote:
What is the consequence of your actions during the unsuccessful coup?
It is hard to see, but the Hive has probably not been 100% efficient. On the positive side, one effect has been to awaken the Hive Party Members from thier sleep and get back posting again. I count this as a successful failed coup.

Quote:
What punishment do you believe you deserve?
I deserve a medal.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 14:57   #47
Snowflake
Princess

/me hand Jamski a piece of paper.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Honghu was lucky and caught me on MSN today. Rather rare recently as I've been very busy with work.

She basically said the hive turn is stuck at 100+ hours.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't have the time that I used to, and I've been gearing down from my play run and into my work run. I seem to only have good focus for one or the other. So I reckon this will be the last turn I play for a couple of months until I get tired of just doing work.

Anyway from those that I've talked to Rokossovky won't be playing the turn anytime soon. So I'll play it. Fortunately, if I cut out all the insane 5 year mircomanagement, group decision making, informing the team, diplomatic negotitations etc. It should only take me 3 hours max.

To the hive:
Since nobody has the time anymore, don't try and follow what I used to do. Just play the turn as best you can with the limited time you have.
Do you recognize this is the post that Comrade Kody posted before you post the turn?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:00   #48
Jamski
Deity

He could have posted it before, but I read this one after I posted the turn. NOTE : I removed my turn in favour of Kody's when the mistake was noticed.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 15:07   #49
Snowflake
Princess

Do you maintain that your entire intention of the failed coup was to serve the party's best interest?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:07   #50
Snowflake
Princess

Do you maintain that there's no better way to achieve your best intention?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:10   #51
Snowflake
Princess

Would you agree that the return of the party members should mostly attibute to Comrade HongHu's persistent effort since her return?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:10   #52
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Do you maintain that your entire intention of the failed coup was to serve the party's best interest?
Yes, it was hardly in my own interest. I am a very lazy person, why would I want more work?

[quote]Do you maintain that there's no better way to achieve your best intention?[quote]

There may well have been better ways, but my way had the desired results. Look at the post rate on this forum!

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 15:16   #53
Snowflake
Princess

Would you agree that the post rate on this forum should also be mostly attibuted to Comrade HongHu's persistent effort since her return?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:25   #54
Jamski
Deity

No.

Mostly is an overstatement.

At least 1/3 perhaps

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 15:28   #55
Snowflake
Princess

My last question. Do you love the Chairman?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:34   #56
Jamski
Deity

Only in a homosexual sense, wait that's dismeanour H

Sure, he's the father of our nation, who wouldn't love him.

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 15:38   #57
Snowflake
Princess

The court is now in recess until the other judges finish preparing their questions.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 15:42   #58
Jamski
Deity

/me takes a well earned break from the "oh-so-hard" questions *

-Jam
Old November 21, 2003, 15:46   #59
Snowflake
Princess

Don't worry dear suspended deputy. You'll get your "oh-so-hard" questions eventually. Judge Tass and Oct X haven't even started.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 18:05   #60
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I've only one question for the defendant:

Do you now swear your everlasting loyalty to this government of the Human Hive?