Old November 21, 2003, 18:49   #61
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If it so pleases the Court the Prosecution would like to submit the following communiqué from Ex-Deputy Chairman Jamski to the administration of the Human Hive:

Quote:
I am assuming power and control over the Human Hive. The Chairman is deposed. I shall shortly announce my new deputy chairman. Vander is confirmed as the permanant PRAVDA editor. Ex-Chairman Voltaire is sentenced to prison for his non-action in the face of duty, and his lack of response to the resignation of the planning authorities.

All conduct of Hive business and contol of the millitary is now my responsibility! (untill someone takes it from my dead hands)

The Marshal is stripped to the rank of Private untill he can excuse his behavior in DESERTING from the glorious Hive Armed Forces in the moment of need.
The People would like to know why Citizen Jamski felt it necessary to depose our bellowed Chairman since the Constitution gave him the authority to act. The Ex-Deputy Chairman’s words prove that his intent was not the best interests of the People, since he could have very well done so within the powers given to him by the Constitution, but rather the overthrow of the People’s bellowed Chairman. This clearly is an act of treason.

-People’s Prosecutor-
Old November 21, 2003, 18:53   #62
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 12:48
Comments to the Defendant:
I also suggest you tone down your arrogance. Your actions nealy collapsed the Hiverian government and sent us to war. This is hardly deserving of a medal.

Questions for the Defendant:

1. Do you recognized that your coup has failed? Please answer YES or NO.
2. Do you recognize that Chairman Voltaire is the legtimiate head of the government of the Human Hive? YES or NO.
3. Do you recognize that your attempted coup was illegal? YES or NO.
4. Do you believe you should be punished? YES or NO.
5. Do you believe that Comrade Kody is counter-revolutionary? YES or NO.

6. Chairman Voltaire and I have had much contact in the past, including during the time in question. With this information, do you still stand by your claim that "he would not ever return"?
7. As deputy chairman, you take "Chairman" position until he returns. Why did you attempt to overthrow the Chairman and permanently occupy his position?
8. Were you or were you not in collaberation with Comrade Citizen Vander in this failed coup?
9. All the peoples know Kody is a master at playing turns. Why did you willingly and knowingly nullify Kodys turn when you know he is better than ANYONE, including YOU, at playing them?
Old November 21, 2003, 19:10   #63
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:48
/me tries to suppress a smile from her face.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 21, 2003, 20:10   #64
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 13:48
hehe, this adds some flavour to it
Old November 22, 2003, 12:30   #65
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Do you now swear your everlasting loyalty to this government of the Human Hive?
I swear everlasting loyalty to the Human Hive.

Quote:
The People would like to know why Citizen Jamski felt it necessary to depose our bellowed Chairman since the Constitution gave him the authority to act. The Ex-Deputy Chairman’s words prove that his intent was not the best interests of the People, since he could have very well done so within the powers given to him by the Constitution, but rather the overthrow of the People’s bellowed Chairman. This clearly is an act of treason.
The Chairman had ceased to act in the best interests of the Hive, AND HE CONTINUES TO DO SO! I stand by my actions as the correct behavior! His abandonment of his post was a serious treasonable offence.

Quote:
1. Do you recognized that your coup has failed? Please answer YES or NO.
Yes, sadly

Quote:
2. Do you recognize that Chairman Voltaire is the legtimiate head of the government of the Human Hive? YES or NO.
Yes, sadly

Quote:
3. Do you recognize that your attempted coup was illegal? YES or NO.
No, because in the absence of the chairman, I decided what was legal or not.

Quote:
4. Do you believe you should be punished? YES or NO.
No. As stated before, I should be rewarded for "awaking the Hive" from its slumbers.

Quote:
5. Do you believe that Comrade Kody is counter-revolutionary? YES or NO.
If counter-revolutionary means putting private pleasures such as study, work or a social life before the Hive, then yes. Sorry Kody.

Quote:
6. Chairman Voltaire and I have had much contact in the past, including during the time in question. With this information, do you still stand by your claim that "he would not ever return"?
With all due lack of respect an absent chairman talking privately to a man who claims to be god is hardly something for a court of law. Perhaps you should withdraw this question.

Quote:
7. As deputy chairman, you take "Chairman" position until he returns. Why did you attempt to overthrow the Chairman and permanently occupy his position?
Because he had not only been absent for a while, but had been neglecting the job for a long while before. For the good of the Hive I thought a new chairman would be needed. Also, I doubted anyone would even notice, let alone care.

Quote:
8. Were you or were you not in collaberation with Comrade Citizen Vander in this failed coup?
Who is on trial here?

Quote:
9. All the peoples know Kody is a master at playing turns. Why did you willingly and knowingly nullify Kodys turn when you know he is better than ANYONE, including YOU, at playing them?
I acted under instruction from Googliegod. You wouldn't dare to go against his words.

Any further "questions" ?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 22, 2003, 12:35   #66
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

The Chairman had ceased to act in the best interests of the Hive, AND HE CONTINUES TO DO SO! I stand by my actions as the correct behavior!
I would like to ask clarification from the witness. Are you pleading not guilty in this case? Are you contending that you will continue your action against the Chairman?

Quote:
Who is on trial here?
Judge Tass's question is a valid question. Witness must answer the question.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 22, 2003, 12:38   #67
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:

I acted under instruction from Googliegod. You wouldn't dare to go against his words.

-Jam
Another follow up question. When you initially announced that your turn was the official one did you receive secret instruction from Googliegod?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 22, 2003, 13:01   #68
Snowflake
Princess

After the witness finishes all questions, we will proceed to closing statement from all parties. The court will ajurn after 24 metric hours.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 22, 2003, 13:28   #69
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
I would like to ask clarification from the witness. Are you pleading not guilty in this case? Are you contending that you will continue your action against the Chairman?
I plead not guilty, or this trial wouldn't even be happening.

As for continuing the plot... I certainly don't want to play any more turns right now

Re Vander : I'll keep silent.

And Googliegod made me do it!!!! He said he'd press end-turn if I didn't!

-Jam
Old November 22, 2003, 14:35   #70
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski, will you now agree that you are guilty of conter-revolutionary act, and that you will accept whatever punishment the party and the court award to you?

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; November 25, 2003 at 14:39.
Old November 22, 2003, 14:52   #71
Jamski
Deity

OK

-Jam

Last edited by Jamski; November 22, 2003 at 15:08.
Old November 22, 2003, 15:07   #72
Snowflake
Princess

* Judge HongHu hesitated for a long time, before she finally asked her final question gravely:

Dear deputy chairman, I have always had the greatest respect of you. From your earlier testimony, I understood that you had performed your action because you believed that it was for the best interest of the Hive. My question to you now is: Do you still maintain that it is to the Hive's interest to "dispose" the Chairman? Or will you choose to support and help the Chairman in his future endeavor of leading the Hive to our final success?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 22, 2003, 15:12   #73
Jamski
Deity

My answer depends on the future actions of the chairman. If my "coup" has woken him up to both his power and his responsibilties, then I will continue to serve him to the bes of my abilites, either as deputy or in whatever role he assigns me. If he acts to the detriment of the Hive I love, I cannot stand by and see all of our hard work wasted through disinterested politicos.

-Jam
Old November 22, 2003, 16:03   #74
Snowflake
Princess

Any other questions from the judges and parties?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 22, 2003, 16:47   #75
Snowflake
Princess

Hearing none. We will now proceed to closing statement from the prosecution and the defendent.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 23, 2003, 09:54   #76
Jamski
Deity

WAIT!

I'd like to call Googliegod as a witness!

-Jam
Old November 23, 2003, 13:13   #77
Snowflake
Princess

You may call Googliegod as a witness.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 23, 2003, 20:02   #78
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:48
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
You may call Googliegod as a witness.
OBJECTION! The People do not see what relevant information Googliegod could provide to this case, the People will withdraw their objection if the Defendant could beforehand elaborate for the court what purpose he has in calling Googliegod as a witness.
Old November 23, 2003, 20:05   #79
Snowflake
Princess

Sustained. Counsel Jamski must elaborate his purpose of calling Gooliegod as a witness.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 24, 2003, 17:22   #80
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like that Counsel Jamski is not able to present a convincing argument. The court therefore moves to the next step, closing argument. The court will adjurn in 19 metric hours.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 13:26   #81
Snowflake
Princess

The court is now adjurned.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 25, 2003, 17:04   #82
Jamski
Deity

Dammit, my god didn't come when I called So much for the Deus ex Machina ending, eh?

-Jam
Old November 29, 2003, 17:57   #83
Snowflake
Princess

Judges please meet me at the chamber.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 30, 2003, 10:17   #84
Jamski
Deity

Can I be a judge

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 01:00   #85
Snowflake
Princess

If you be good, there will be a chance for you to serve for the party and people dear Comrade Jamski.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 02:49   #86
Snowflake
Princess

The Supreme People's Court of the Human Hive
In the matter of People of the Human Hive vs. the Jamski Counter-Revolutionary Movement
Case No. 2145-0001

Report and Order

I. History of the case

On Nov 19, 2145, the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hives ordered that “the Supreme People’s Court take on the matter of investigating and ruling on the matter of the coup”.

Quote:
The Central Continuing Committee accuses Deputy Chairman Jamski of counter-revolutionary activity.
Upon receiving the court notice, comrade Jamski stated that he would represent himself and later plead not guilty.

Based upon principle of “not guilty until proved” the court has offered the defendant due process. The prosecution and the defendant each had opening statement and opportunities of questioning of the witness. The witness also received questions from the bench. Both sides waived closing statement.

The court was closed on Nov 25, 2145.

II. Discussions

The prosecution stated that comrade Jamski had violated the Constitution and Laws by attempting to overthrow the legitimate government.

Quote:
Comrade Citizen Jamski has been charged with sabotage of the socialist system (Article 1, Section 2, Constitution of the People of the Human Hive), violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.), violation of the Constitution and Laws of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with public office and the maintenance of the Constitution of the People of the Human Hive (Article 4, Section 3 and 4, ibid.), high treason against the State of the People of the Human Hive via attempted overthrow of the legitimate government of the People, high treason against the People of the Human Hive for attempted overthrow of the State of the People of the Human Hive while entrusted with power by the People, betray of the sacrosanct trust of the People in their government, actions resulting in harm to the People of the Human Hive during the attempted coup, contravening government orders, et al.
The defendant argued that Comrade Jamski was not guilty because he was simply “fill[ing] in for the Chairman while he was away” and “defend[ing] the people from the dictaorship of the military”.

The defendant has successfully established evidence that the Chairman had not been active during the period of the aforementioned “coup”. However, the court finds that the defendant was not simply carrying out the duty of the deputy chairman to fill in for the Chairman.

Quote:
I am assuming power and control over the Human Hive. The Chairman is deposed. I shall shortly announce my new deputy chairman. … Ex-Chairman Voltaire is sentenced to prison for his non-action in the face of duty, and his lack of response to the resignation of the planning authorities.

All conduct of Hive business and contol of the millitary is now my responsibility!

Please vote for or against so I know who is a dissenter and should be shot.

Thankyou.

-Jam
The court doesn’t believe that the job responsibility of the deputy chairman constitutes actions of deposing the chairman and sentencing him to prison. The above quotations from the defendant clearly showed that the defendant was not simply carrying out the duty of the deputy chairman. The court finds that the defendant’s argument is invalid.

The defendant further claimed that he could not be responsible for overthrowing the government because he “was the government”. The court finds this statement shows nothing but the swelling of the defendant’s egoism.

During the trial the defendant admitted that he had attempted a coup although it was not “planned”. He also admitted that during the coup he had skimmed Kody’s post and posted a worse turn than the Kody turn. However, the defendant maintains that he was not doing that for his own interest and that the result of his actions had “awak[en] the Hive from its slumbers”, therefore his actions are “the correct behavior”.

The court concludes that the defendant had good intentions but chosen the wrong path. Had he recognized what he did was wrong, the court would be considering the minimum penalty. However, the defendant had not shown any remorse. In fact the defendant had already been planning another coup.

Quote:
Support my next coup then

-Jam
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED:

1. That Comrade Jamski is not guilty of Sabotage of the socialist system.
2. That Comrade Jamski is guilty of Violation of the Constituion and Laws.
3. That Comrade Jamski be awarded 30 years of hard labor in specially constructed SPAM factory.
4. That Comrade Jamski is guilty of ibid while in public office.
5. That Comrade Jamski be banned from any superier government positions of the Human Hive.
6. That Comrade Jamski is guilty of High treason against the people.
7. That Comrade Jamski be awarded with 10 years hard labour in the Hive farms where he could contribute to the improvement of teraforming.
8. That Comrade Jamski is guilty of High treason against the State.
9. That Comrade Jamski’s action has brought unrecoverable adverse effect to the welfare of the Human Hive.
10. That Comrade Jamski be awarded maximum penalty and be exciled from the Human Hive.
11. That this order shall become effective on Dec 2, 2146.

By authority of the state of Human Hive

Comrade HongHu
Comrade Tassadar
Comrade Octavian X
Supreme People’s Court Judges

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; December 1, 2003 at 11:44.
Old December 1, 2003, 04:18   #87
Jamski
Deity

I appeal to the GooglieGod court. I strongly object to almost everything in that closing statement on the grounds of bias, falsehood and toadying to the current government.

I notice the suspended sentence with amusement. It seems there's a deadline till my next coup...

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 14:39   #88
Snowflake
Princess

That was the report and order of the court dear Comrade Jamski. That was not a closing statement.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 1, 2003, 17:20   #89
Jamski
Deity

Bleh.

So I'm, exiled from tomorrow. Great Bye

-Jam
Old December 1, 2003, 18:11   #90
Snowflake
Princess

Dear Jamski would you come to HongHu KongHu and sit for a while before you leave us? Such sadness departure always is.

Grapefruit Garden