Banana Women 15 16.13%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 24, 2003, 10:47   #181
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Repeat:

Albert Speer is not on my ignore list....he's on my stupid stupid man list. Otherwise known as funny bullshlt poster list.

Very entertaining.

Spec.
Old November 24, 2003, 13:11   #182
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 06:50
Quote:
here's where i call bullshit. racism does have an element to play. the fetishists have the asian women stereotypes, which do nothing but propagate a racist image of cio-cio san, a submissive slut who always comes back to her white master no matter how harshly he treats her. sure, the music's beautiful. i rather like some of it. but the story itself... especially when retold in numerous other settings like vietnam... how can it not be offensive?
at the other end of the spectrum, you have people who **** over the image of a slant-eyed dragon lady. lucy liu broke no barriers and changed no rules when she portrayed such a character in ally mcbeal, no matter what the white pundits say.
search for sites where they talk about yellow fever, or about interracial relationships, and you'll see that even a lot of those who claim they don't have it buy into the notion of asian women being more respectful, less *****y... all of which underscores the common racist beliefs.
woah there, i think you totally missed my point
there is a big difference between generalisations and preconceptions based on race (what you're talking about), and racism (the descrimination of people based on race). I dont descriminate against black women even tho i am generally not attracted to them. Does that mean im racist? not all, nor does it make others who are generally less attracted to certain other races racist. thats the point i was making
Old November 24, 2003, 13:42   #183
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
kman, it comes across a lot harsher than i intended it to. one, i do think there is an element of racial bias in regards to what is found attractive.

however, much of the rest of that is to highlight the point that if you're looking for racism, if you believe it's there, then you don't have to look far to find the justifications, even when none is present.
Old November 24, 2003, 13:50   #184
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 06:50
Quote:
if you're looking for racism, if you believe it's there, then you don't have to look far to find the justifications, even when none is present.
true true
Old November 24, 2003, 14:25   #185
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Local Time: 08:50
Feephi:

Huey Freeman is a funny dude