Old November 19, 2003, 14:52   #1
Varwnos
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
GWOI uploaded!!!
I just uploaded my scenario (modpack) "GWOI" or "Greek War OF Independence" in the Apolyton archives. I asked and asked where i could send it to, got no reply, so improvised. I hope that this way it is/or can become available to all.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	varwnoscenario.gif
Views:	141
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	57655  

Last edited by Varwnos; November 19, 2003 at 16:02.
Old November 19, 2003, 15:33   #2
gerryandersson
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:50
I can't find it!
Old November 19, 2003, 15:44   #3
Varwnos
Prince

i uploaded it in the archives, perhaps some site administrator first has to move it somewhere else so that it can become available, i dont know how it happens. as for civfanatics i will send it there as well ok, but it may take anywhere up to 2 weeks for it to be released there, anyway its all done now, so i guess you will just have to wait 1-2 days
Old November 19, 2003, 16:54   #4
Arthedain
staff

you could give us the url to the zip so we could download it now :P
Old November 19, 2003, 22:30   #5
Varwnos
Prince

I tried twice to link it to the files, it said that it had added it to the other links, but nothing happened, so at least for now i am posting the link for the dl here, ofrcouse any moderator is more than welcome to link it to the categories, or i will be bothered again to try in a few days, anyway here is the link, have fun playing the scenario and you can always post here with comments

My scenario :Greek war of independence or "GWOI"

Last edited by Varwnos; November 19, 2003 at 23:42.
Old November 20, 2003, 07:02   #6
gerryandersson
Chieftain

You realy suld have releast a playtest version first... this scenario is not ready yet.

Shelds are out of place, units suld have english names so one knows what they are, and units in general need to be lookt upon (tecs and so on), the Ottomans whant to make peace, some events are to long and dissapear above the screen. And I have onley played about 5 turns.

No offens
Old November 20, 2003, 08:21   #7
Varwnos
Prince

hm, well i am not exactly treating this scenario as the pinacle of my life :P

i worked on it as much as i cared/had time to, and now am moving on to other business.

ofcourse whoever wants to is free to edit it and release it again, with his name.
Old November 20, 2003, 22:44   #8
Varwnos
Prince

Hm, aftr bothering to check the scenario (heh) indeed the tech tree became messed up once again...
yes, the southern greeks start with a tech that isnt theirs, and the ottomans cannot research etc etc, and the vilaeti also has tech-research related problems. well i went back and tried to fix that but couldnt, so i now have the same techs but already researched for ottomans and vilaeti, and not available for the southern greeks.
however: this means that the scenario isnt ofcourse anything good anymore. What is far more interesting however (for me) is that i was too busy noting how wrong you were to be negative about another person's work, and so missed the point that i just not care about creating a civ scenario anymore at all. this happened because i was vastly different when i started to make this, from the person i am now. i have reworked the scenario a bit, but dont plan to release it, since i dont see it as anything that fun. my email is: iwannhs_aklehs@yahoo.com so anyone who is interested in it (for whatever reason) can always email me. IT seems that the curse against creating a scenario abou the greek war of independence has hit yet again heh oh well, at least my contribution to civ2 life are my units

arthedain: just like i was wrong in my reaction, so are you, the quest is to find out why though, since negativity always shows us that we just "had" to be negative. this i am telling you just as an advice. I am not editing the previous post (although it was a wrong post) so as you can see how one can change a wrong view, through understanding why it happened, and the reason why i released the scenario without beta testing was because in the end i didnt feel at all any urge to be a civ2 creator. one can always do something for logical reasons, but if done out of an urge it many times means that it was there to fullfill another need (a repressed one) which when the repression is cured simply dissappears, and that is what happened here.

gerryanderson: thanks for you support man, you rule Just for expressing my thanks i dedicate my Greek units to you, since i find them very nice

-and yet: gwoi v1.1 (corrected)

what can i say, better to end something positively

Last edited by Varwnos; November 21, 2003 at 08:27.
Old November 21, 2003, 09:23   #9
Arthedain
staff

Uhm, I don't see what you mean with your note to me, I was just suggesting that you could post the url to the zip so we could download it faster, and not have to wait for the site to upload it to its archives. That was all
Old November 21, 2003, 17:27   #10
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

posted
Old November 22, 2003, 12:06   #11
Varwnos
Prince

Arthedain: i thought that you had written the post that gerry had written, i am deeply sorry my friend, sincerely. I am going through something these days, i am sure that you will accept that as an excuse, i ofcourse know what. Again i apologise. Thanks for your understanding
Old November 22, 2003, 13:39   #12
Arthedain
staff

Hey, it's okay. We all have bad days and i wasn't offended at all.. So it's no problem 2 all. Just glad that you finished your first scenario

I've finished some but they all ended up like crap. The graphics were nice but not the gameplay hehe..
Old November 22, 2003, 23:53   #13
Varwnos
Prince

Heh, same case as with my scenario, ok graphics but the gameplay sucks, after i am through with what i have to do these days i will rework it for a version 1.2 release