Old November 19, 2003, 15:04   #1
Justin69002003
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A MOD idea
Ok, I have a question. Has there ever been a MOD where military units cost 1 pop point to build. If not that will be my first project.
Justin69002003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2003, 16:24   #2
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 08:50
Nope. Go for it!
Brundlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2003, 16:46   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
I've heard of people playing games like this, not sure if they published their work. Seems like it would really slow the game down.

you might consider increasing the amount of food produced by each tile so you would have larger armies.

good luck, sounds interesting.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2003, 17:40   #4
korn469
Emperor

Justin69002003

in the blitz mod i changed it so that all non-bombard land units from musketmen on cost a pop point in addition to shields

in a big war it can really devistate a civ taking lots of losses, but i think it is a good change
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2003, 18:09   #5
Justin69002003
Chieftain

Ok,cool. Korn, what I am going to do is just the 1 pop point from the start, from Warrior to the end. I am not sure if I need your permission to use the pop point cost since you used it already (First mod), so if so may I. This mod will be for Civ3C. I will have 3 different modes for you guys. Thanks for the replies.
Old November 19, 2003, 18:58   #6
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:50
korn, do you plan on making the blitz mod for c3c? i know i would definitely be interested in playing and giving feedback on it again.

also, as for the one pop cost for units i'm not sure how well that could work out. i don't think the ai could handle it very well. if the ai were able to handle it more appropriately, then it could be a good change.
TechWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2003, 19:03   #7
Justin69002003
Chieftain

Its still just an idea. I will test it out before I post it here, naturaly. If it works out I think it might add more realism to this already realistic game. I think that the c3c AI was improved just a little, so it might be able to handle it.
Old November 19, 2003, 19:39   #8
korn469
Emperor

TechWins

Yes I am planning on releasing a version of the Blitz mod for Conquests. I'm glad to hear that you are still interested in trying it out.

As far as I can tell, the AI doesn't have a problem using units that cost pop. Though I haven't done as much observation as I need to on it.

Check out the planning thread for the Blitz Mod, it's on this page. I'm editing it one editor tab at a time. I have some time on friday, so I'll be able to add stuff in then, and although my life is as hectic as ever, I hope to release a beta for it fairly soon.

Here are the things I need to finish editing before I can release the beta.

Changes to Units -> needs some work to unit values because of the changes in conquests in addition to plugging those values into the editor

Changes to Combat Experience -> just need to plug it in

Changes to Terrain -> just need to plug it in

Changes to Citizens -> just need to plug it in

Changes to Difficulty Level -> just need to plug it in

Changes to Improvements and Wonders -> i need to look over this some because of conquests, then plug it in

Changes to Technology -> just need to plug it in

Changes to Resources -> just need to plug it in

the other changes -> saved for later

i'll also have to probably do some editing with the pedia.icons and civilpedia.txt

when I finish that i'll post it on apolyton. I just bumped the thread, so make any comments you want to there, and I'll take it under advisement

Justin69002003

make the changes and see what you think. I don't like having ancient units require pop because I think it slows down the game too much, but that's just my opinion. Keep up the good work
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2003, 22:12   #9
bigvic
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by korn469
TechWins

Changes to Units -> needs some work to unit values because of the changes in conquests in addition to plugging those values into the editor

huh? say what, come again ?

i'm having probs wi this - see my thread
are there any issues at work here?

i like ibble blibble
bigvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2003, 03:10   #10
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:50
Quote:
Yes I am planning on releasing a version of the Blitz mod for Conquests. I'm glad to hear that you are still interested in trying it out.
I hope I can be of some help.

The concern I would have with the AI building units that take away pop points is the damage it does to a city. A military civ might be heavily damaged by this. Considering they might just keep having a city churn out one unit after another not realizing that it won't allow their city to grow. That's a problem as is let alone having military units take away pop points. If the AI isn't able to realize the reprecussions to building units while a human is, then it only gives a greater advantage to the human. I realistically don't see how the AI could understand the damage continously building units could do.
TechWins is offline   Reply With Quote