Old January 13, 2004, 06:53   #241
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
/me opens his eyes, and cringes.

Please, Drogue not so loud... you're making my head feel like you're using it as a gong.

/me scrabbles about near a pocket, finds it on the fifth attempt, reaches in, and pulls out five large pills, then swallows them.

Ah, that's better... the pre-drinking pills need more work, but the sobriety ones work fine.

Anyway, will we be allowed to look at the recpie beforehand?
Old January 13, 2004, 07:01   #242
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 12:58
/me speaks not so loudly:

Only if we can look at the breakdown of the pills

/me watches various other faction members turn to look at the slightly dizzy GT, before going back to their backhand deals and war plans diplomatic parties

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 13, 2004, 07:03   #243
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
I'll take that for a no, then. Better get cracking...
Old January 13, 2004, 07:39   #244
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 14:58
Contest!? Im in!
Gimme Gimme Gimmeee!

/me raises a toast as the juke-box starts with the cerberus.
Kippis! Micha and Jamski!

/me approaches the bar, laughing at michas joke about the new drink called miriams passion.

Drogue would you give all the lads here double-long island ice tea, with real Jose Guervo especial tequila Drinks on me! And everyones invited!

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 13, 2004 at 07:47.
Old January 13, 2004, 09:56   #245
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

You already are As a CyCon you have to help me create a drink that willget past a PUT anti-intoxication pill. Now I wonder where I put my Pan Galatic Gargle Blaster synthcode...

I presume you mean Jose Cuervo Especial? I have the exact chemical formula for that particular brand in the CyCon drinks database. I'm sure I can synth some up...

/me wanders off to the backroom, get's a large plasma steel bucket and purs some chemicals into it. Then he gets a small packet, rips of the top and empties it into the bucket.

I should have a large pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea ready for you in about half an hour. Let's hope my new nanoyeast works as quickly as it did in tests

/me adds one Miriam's Passion to Lauri's bartab

"Miriam's Passion - it may not exist, but you'll sure be paying for it"

Old January 13, 2004, 12:20   #246
Gert
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Settler

Introducing: me ^^
Hail all!

* Broad grin

Let me introduce myself: my name is Gert. Now you're probably wondering "where'd this lad come from?". Hybernation, I tell you. Pretty cold and dull, I'll say...

But at last, I'm free to roam again!

Quote:
I should have a large pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea ready for you in about half an hour. Let's hope my new nanoyeast works as quickly as it did in tests
Brew me a couple of buckets of earth beer while you're at it, plenty to go around! It's not every day you get out of hybernation (correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not up to date with current affairs )

A beer for everyone!

btw, 's this 'Chiron' planet any fun?
Old January 13, 2004, 12:59   #247
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Wellcome Gert!

Yes Chiron is very much fun if your brains are not eaten by mindworms

Cheers, and remeber to get your ice tea before drogue takes 'his share'

- Paul Valery
Old January 13, 2004, 13:23   #248
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Sorry we drank all the earthbeer about 47 years ago...

Plenty of Xenobrew though

/me samples the ice tea *

Needs more booze and less ice.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 13, 2004, 13:30   #249
Drogue
staff

/me walks back in carrying a large pitcher of Ice Tea, puts it in front of Lauri, and exclaims:

"If drink be the food of merriment, drink up!"

/me wanders over to the new guy standing at the bar

Welcome Gert

A have a nice large pitcher of Xenobrew (we have very little real Earth beer, since we cannot brew it anymore, but this is almost as good as Cybobrew the real thing! ) Have you chosen a faction to join yet?

OOC: This is a team DG, if you'd like to join a team, please feel free. We at the Cybernetic Conciousness are always welcoming to new members The Hive has undergone a massive upheaval because they had *another* private forum that some of the faction didn't know about, PEACE are about to be destroyed by the CyCon (we've taken their capital already) and the Drones mostly use their forum on CGN, as opposed to our private ones here on Apolyton, and PUT isn't accepting new members. In otherwords, it really is best to join the CyCon If you wish to join any faction, click on the "join" above the threads, next to the faction you wish to join. /OOC

Oh, and for the next hour, beer is on the house since I'll be at home and otherwise engaged, so will not be able to man the taps.

Drink and be merry!

Old January 13, 2004, 14:06   #250
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Say hello to her from us

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 14:23   #251
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 06:58
What's happening here? Have I been away that long? What? Did I hear a drinking challenge? OK give me something. Anything. I'll take up anyone. Hey btw bartender have you ever figured out where to get more wuliangye yet?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 14:38   #252
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I see Gert has applied for PEACE.
But as Drogue says, I would advise to join the Consciousness instead. We're currently winning the war against PEACE, so you'll have more fun with us. Also, the Consciousness has two Flemish and two Dutch members already, so you'll be among people of your own language.
Old January 13, 2004, 15:08   #253
Gert
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Settler

I'll have that ice tea, thanks!

I've applied for a position with the pirates, as I've heard a free barrel of xenorum comes with the job discription..

Were I to be accepted, I would ofcourse serve my employer the best I can. Personally though, I have nothing against the CyCon (as I am afterall, largely cybernetic myself). So if my future employer were to find himself 'out of a job', so to speak I'll be available

What I really care about is a life at sea and a good lot of beer and rum, on the occasion..

Oh and can someone please tell me what year it is, I'm starting to feel a bit disoriented... *NO BEER?* For 47 years? :O Give me another keg of that brew, I think I'll need it!
Old January 13, 2004, 18:22   #254
Jamski
Deity

Well, there WAS one bottle of beer in the Hive's Museum of the People, but fanatic Jamski supporters liberated it in the name of the People's freedom.

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 20:45   #255
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Quote:
The Hive has undergone a massive upheaval because they had *another* private forum that some of the faction didn't know about
The upheavals aren't because of things like that, that's only the pretext. The real problem with the hive is that it seems many of the members have private agendas. When these agendas conflict sparks fly, information gets leaked to other factions, people start stiring up unrest with other members, accusations start getting thrown around as some people try to undermine others, others get angry and throw some accusations of their own, people threaten to do things to destory the faction. Now that's only what happens in the forums. Behind the scenes in the PMs Emails and MSN it's can be referred to as "nest of vipers".

It just a big mess.

If I join a DG in the future, I'm certain to go for one of the non-roleplay ones.
Old January 13, 2004, 22:47   #256
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 13:58
Gert

Actually we do have some stocks of EARTH Beer left in our treasure islands. So ye'd be welcome t' glass or twa after all that h'bernation thingy.

I hopes yer not one of yon DL characters.
Old January 14, 2004, 04:30   #257
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Actually we do have some stocks of EARTH Beer left in our treasure islands.
Have you looked recently? See all that digging?

/me thanks the Hive Probe Teams and sits back with a 63-year-old pint of Guinness *

-Jam
Old January 14, 2004, 05:20   #258
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody

The upheavals aren't because of things like that, that's only the pretext. The real problem with the hive is that it seems many of the members have private agendas. When these agendas conflict sparks fly, information gets leaked to other factions, people start stiring up unrest with other members, accusations start getting thrown around as some people try to undermine others, others get angry and throw some accusations of their own, people threaten to do things to destory the faction. Now that's only what happens in the forums. Behind the scenes in the PMs Emails and MSN it's can be referred to as "nest of vipers".

It just a big mess.

If I join a DG in the future, I'm certain to go for one of the non-roleplay ones.
Yep I knew of many things that were going on before, but after my ascention....This demogame got ugly real quick.
Old January 14, 2004, 06:11   #259
laurentius
King

/me hands tass a pint of xenoorange juice

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 14, 2004 at 12:24.
Old January 14, 2004, 06:24   #260
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Just saw the 'Greatest Alcoholics' thread on page 1 for the first time.... didn't know that I would even rate. Very intriguing stuff. If only the guys kvetching about Demo Gamer post counts in the '150 Emperors!' thread in the Community forum saw all this...

Where were Kass' schoolgirls last seen?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 14, 2004, 11:29   #261
Jamski
Deity

CyCon is innocent of what? They just started a war of annihilation!

-Jam
Old January 14, 2004, 12:26   #262
laurentius
King

I'll drink to that!

- Paul Valery
Old January 14, 2004, 12:33   #263
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
* laurentius hands tass a pint of xenoorange juice
Lauri is trying out a new version of the CyCon pre-cognitive chip. Therefore he tried to hand Tass a glass of xenoorangejuice before it was put into his hand to give. It has been remarkably accurate so far, but all he has managed to tell us is that we will win the war and that the coffee machine will cease to work, which is hardly rocket science for a non-pre-cog.

/me hands Lauri a pint of XenoOJ.

Old January 14, 2004, 12:34   #264
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Yes, but we're innocent of the baiting of Gods. Completely innocent

Old January 14, 2004, 12:37   #265
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Bah! We're merely trying to teach the pirates some culture!
Old January 14, 2004, 12:54   #266
Drogue
staff

That we are, and culture they will get

/me goes off to culture a new batch of syntho-alcohol.

Old January 14, 2004, 13:04   #267
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 06:58
"culture" and "culture"

/me sighs.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 14, 2004, 18:00   #268
Jamski
Deity

In the good old Hive we have Kultoor.

-Jam
Old January 14, 2004, 18:38   #269
laurentius
King

Thanks Drogue!

I think my chip needs some readjustment.

/me takes his ear off and starts to dig

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 14, 2004 at 19:39.
Old January 14, 2004, 19:13   #270
Drogue
staff

Quote:
In the good old Hive we have Kultoor.
The whole Hive, or just the bit that you can see

/me pours himself a stiff drink, and sulks into a large, comfy chair.

"If a cute brunette with piercing blue eyes and a shy look on her face comes in, wake me. If not, leave me be"

/me 's eyes close.