Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4WDG Stratega
King

Local Time: 07:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sent. Cast vote for trade pact.
Fosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2004, 04:07   #362
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 12:00
2163 -> shawnmmcc

Vote cast for trade pact: 3-2 right now, with Zak the deciding vote/veto.

The Gaians have realized that life is too short, and have arranged government-mediated dogging in a bid to increase faction-wide population and happiness. Pundits expect a 15% increase in population over the next year, a shockingly high figure when considered in historical context. If this rate could be sustained for ten years, the Gaians as a whole would have over 3 million citizens!
Chaos Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2004, 16:40   #363
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 09:00
Global Trade Pact passed.

Note : I have finally gotten the doctors to monitor my daily blood pressure, and surprised them when they discovered I spike as high as 192/108 - the underlying reason for my health problems, if they'd only listened to me two years ago. They are treating this with a cocktail of drugs that mucks with my blood pressure, so I may have periods where I slow down to two-three day turnarounds. I will try very hard to keep it under 24 hours.

reference "dogging" (Hooking up on a LARGE scale) - NOW they muck with my blood pressure.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2004, 22:13   #364
Net Warrior
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 08:00
turn to PK

Shawn,
I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems. My rule of thumb is to stay away from doctors whenever possible.
Seriously though, did your doctors warn you that the earlier treatment might cause this problem? If not, maybe you see another doctor and get a fresh oppinion.
Net Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2004, 12:05   #365
Mr. Harley
Prince

Net Warrior, thanks for the concern. Any time you bigtime monkey with the body's hydraulic system, you can get all kinds of side effects, ranging from irritating (dry mouth), frustrating (as in for men a critical hydraulic system stops working, fortunately so far not a factor ), to dangerous (the kidneys stop working properly). However, type 2 hypertension can damage, let me change that, WILL damage, your circulatory system. Sort of like what cigarettes do to your lungs. This causes corollary damage to the brain, heart, and kidneys for starts.

I changed doctors last week. My old doctor had been treating me fairly passively, happy with my compliance. They problem is that given the family history, it wasn't working. So I have a new doctor who sort of listens, and I am an informed enough consumer that we'll negotiate a fairly agressive treatment. That's why I posted the warning, as the drug combo's may slow me down sometimes till they get it stabilized, especially as it is going to take moderate-high doses of some of the drugs. I am in no immdiate danger, and as long as I can afford the drugs (i.e. have insurance) I should be fine. It will take at least three, and maybe four drugs to treat the underlying pathology.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old December 5, 2004, 12:38   #366
Net Warrior
King

Shaun,
I should have known that anyone who hangs out in this forum would be into analysis and would therefore be up on their own medical problems as well. Enough said, except for the fact that you will get no quarter, as I am still playing to win.
NW
Old December 5, 2004, 22:11   #367
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

2164 -> shawnmmcc
Old December 16, 2004, 18:46   #368
Mr. Harley
Prince

2164 - Morgan, sent last night.
Old December 16, 2004, 21:18   #369
Net Warrior
King

2164 to PK
Old December 18, 2004, 11:57   #370
Fosse
King

to Chaos Theory
Old December 18, 2004, 16:14   #371
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2165 -> shawnmmcc
Old December 21, 2004, 16:48   #372
Mr. Harley
Prince

2165 forwarded yesterday to Morgan.
Old December 21, 2004, 17:02   #373
Net Warrior
King

Shawn, I didn't get it yet. Please re-send it.
Old December 21, 2004, 21:46   #374
Mr. Harley
Prince

Will resend now.
Old December 25, 2004, 11:59   #375
Net Warrior
King

turn to PK
Old December 25, 2004, 22:18   #376
Mr. Harley
Prince

Fosse is moving as well as dealing with the holidays, so give him a few days. Talk about lethargy, they've got my pulse rate cut by 30% (from 115 down to 80) and they've said if that's not enough, they are going to start me on the drugs with rough side effects .
Old January 2, 2005, 20:22   #377
Fosse
King

Hi guys. Hope the holiday went well. Shawn was exactly right. The good news is I've signed an apartment and will get some overlap days... that should mean that the game won't be interupted when I physically move from one place to the next.

Game on!
Old January 3, 2005, 06:30   #378
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2166 -> shawnmmcc
Old January 8, 2005, 10:15   #379
Net Warrior
King

Has anyone heard from Shawn? I’m in 2 PBEM’s with him and they are both stalled. I know he has been having health problems but the last time he caused significant delays, he had his wife (IIRC) post on his behalf.
I know he wants to continue both games. Maybe we should think about getting a temporary replacement for him, if we can find one.
Old January 11, 2005, 01:28   #380
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn out. They switched me from beta blockers to calcium channel blockers (they left me on angiotensin drugs I seem to be able to handle max doses of those) and I got some nasty side affects. I'm back on the lower dose, less side affects less blood pressure control. I should have a better turn around rate again. Sorry.
Old January 11, 2005, 23:01   #381
Net Warrior
King

2166 to Pk

Shawn, it's nice to hear you are doing better.
Old January 12, 2005, 20:31   #382
Fosse
King

Stay healthy, friend. Turn sent to Chaos Theory.
Old January 15, 2005, 18:14   #383
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2167 -> shawnmmcc

In other news, Chairman Yang has been diagnosed by Gaian doctors as having a form of bipolar disorder. Evidence is attached contrasting Yang's very nice offer of tech with a unilateral declaration of war.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	tgau 2167 yang.gif
Views:	21
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	93649  
Old January 16, 2005, 23:39   #384
Mr. Harley
Prince

2167 to Lal. That's stolen tech, by the way. Grumble.
Old January 18, 2005, 20:29   #385
Net Warrior
King

2167 to PK
Old January 21, 2005, 12:08   #386
Fosse
King

Turn on.
Old January 21, 2005, 15:09   #387
Chaos Theory
Emperor

2168 -> shawnmmcc
Old January 22, 2005, 06:29   #388
Mr. Harley
Prince

2168 - Net Warrior
Old January 22, 2005, 20:28   #389
Net Warrior
King

(2168 to PK)

Protocol Director

Sister Miriam convenes the Planetary Council!

Agenda:
Elect Planetary Governor

Lady Deirdre has yet to cast 114 votes
Chairman Yang casts 61 votes for Miriam
CEO Morgan casts 44 votes for Miriam
Provost Zakharov has yet to cast 319 votes
Colonel Santiago has casts 69 votes for Miriam
Sister Miriam casts 130 for herself
Brother Lal has yet to cast 130 votes

Subtotals: Zakharov: 0, Lal: 0, and Miriam: 304
Old January 23, 2005, 01:37   #390
Fosse
King

I've looked at the numbers and it could be a very narrow election.

I'm holding the turn for a little while so that diplomacy can occur, ad my vote and the Gaians vote could prove decisive and everybody should have a chance to bring what they have to the table.